Not open for further replies.

Olanys

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
Ok so... call it being naive or whatever, but what is the point of a hood lock? Honestly one of the things I liked about Jeeps were the accessible hood.

Maybe im crazy?

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Ok so... call it being naive or whatever, but what is the point of a hood lock? Honestly one of the things I liked about Jeeps were the accessible hood.

Maybe im crazy?
Safety to prevent engine access when parked - just like in any other vehicle.

Left the Jeep for 2 hours in a parking garage in Vancouver, BC. Came back to my hood unlatched and negative battery terminal undone. Good thing nothing was taken but now I need a new lock cylinder and a little bit of touch up paint. Will definitely be getting a lock for the hood.

upload_2019-12-15_20-47-56.jpeg

Olanys

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
Safety to prevent engine access when parked - just like in any other vehicle.
That's wild, haven't heard of that happening near me *shrug* suppose it has its place though

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Yeah we sometimes leave our vehicle parked for hours at a time. Signs are posted in a lot of locations like “thieves operate here - keep your vehicle locked” etc. One of the first things we added was a gas cap lock then a hood lock. Just makes it a touch harder for miscreants to mess about while we are off having some fun.

Like downtown in a bar or event - or off hiking or fishing all day. Just the way it is nowadays. Actually makes it near impossible for anyone to get access as you cannot just pop the hood with a typical inside hood release.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.