Sponsored

Interior-mounted light bar now available

MotownJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler, 2011 Chevy Suburban
Quadratec just came out with an interior-mounted light bar. Apparently it mounts against the windshield and gaskets keep the light outside with no glare inside. Looks great, but too rich for me at $700! (Quadratec, if you're listening, I'd LOVE to give you a great and honest review if you want to send one out to me!)

quadratec-97109.1400-stealth-interior-windshield-light-bar-jeep-wrangler-jl-zoom-white-main.jpg

Sponsored

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
It has a lot of benefits over traditional light bar but the jeep windshield is short enough without losing a couple of inches for a light bar that I don't need.
The two on my bumper are enough for me.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL

Sponsored

OP
OP
MotownJLU

MotownJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler, 2011 Chevy Suburban
You, too, can feel like you’re driving an armored IED sniffer by reducing your windshield to a slit.

fury-insidetank.jpg
Nice comparison :) According to Quadratec, this will take up the top 4.25" of the windshield. I might mock up some strips of paper 4.25" inches wide and put it up there just to see how bad it really would be.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
While I do not have the same strong feelings like UKCats, I wonder if it puts out enough useful light - especially for the cost.

I sit lower so I am not sure if I will lose much forward vision. I do like the simplistic/minimalist look of it on the inside,

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
at first i like the idea of the light bar on the inside of the jeep. bu my concerns are, your're losing 5" of viewing. the bar will block the traffic lights and the price tag. so with that i'll pass on that style and get a exterior light bar.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Well.. the absence of drag/noise seems great for a daily driver. Personally, I've considered blacking out the upper few inches of windshield... I'm always getting blinded from the gaps in visor coverage. These seem cooler than a strip of black vinyl, but, probably not as cost effective.

I'd dig it if it were just a shorty bar in the middle between the visors, then you're not really sacrificing any visibility. Great, now I'm working out how to rube up something like this!

Sponsored

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
I see no way to adjust the angle of the lights to your likes - I.e. a one fits all solution so to say, which looks like a disadvantage to me.

TrewJL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
CEO
I see no way to adjust the angle of the lights to your likes - I.e. a one fits all solution so to say, which looks like a disadvantage to me.
x1 agree.
Although I like the idea of no hardware and no wind noise that would come from an exterior mounted light bar. Most lights give off some type of hum noise. I wonder how it sounds while inside the jeep at head level.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
There has been a lot of questions in this thread... Anyone remember what was the original OP question?

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V
I love the idea of this product. Watched the install video on YouTube. I am not super tall, approx 5' 9" on a good day, but do have a bit of a longer torso for my height and have the driver's seat all the way lowered. I was eyeballing it today and think it would be a bit too much of an obstruction. Also the price seems a bit high but it looks like a quality built product.
Sponsored