Windshield protection?

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I don't get how people are having issues with the glass on these things. By far this has been the most durable windshield on any vehicle I've had in AZ. Wife's BMW went through 7 of them in 2 years. I'm still on the original 10 months later. 95% highway driving in rush hour, in Phoenix. Wife had same commute. I guess not that I really care... I have free glass replacement from Geico anyway.
You've been lucky so far it not if it will happen but when. I have 5 other friends in various jeep models and all of them have had their windows replaced more than once
Sponsored

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, best to give a lot of distance from larger vehicles that can kick up debris and dump trucks.
This is what I do, but people road rage me because they think I'm going slow even though I'm going the same speed as all traffic.

Go Outside

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
This is what I do, but people road rage me because they think I'm going slow even though I'm going the same speed as all traffic.
Im not accusing you, but no one road rages me. Ever. If you are being road raged, frequently, you should take a close look at why. You do know that the left lane is for passing right? Check your mirror, is there a long line of traffic behind you? Maybe you could pull over and let them by? Are you making sure you are not cutting off faster moving traffic during lane changes? Are your bumper stickers appropriate for your demographic?
Just some ideas. Even criminals choose their targets based on perceived transgressions. Your pissing people off somehow.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I live in Chicago. I see you are in Chicago also. Living in Chicago, I can't believe you don't have comprehensive! Comprehensive covers your JL if someone hits and runs while your parked also. It's not very expensive, even with a very low deductible.
I am insurance agent and comprehensive does not cover hit and run. That type of an incident will either be covered under UMPD or collision depending on the state you live in. Comprehensive covers things like glass, hitting an animal, theft, and vandalism.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I am insurance agent and comprehensive does not cover hit and run. That type of an incident will either be covered under UMPD or collision depending on the state you live in. Comprehensive covers things like glass, hitting an animal, theft, and vandalism.
Corrected my post. Thanks!

Sponsored

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Im not accusing you, but no one road rages me. Ever. If you are being road raged, frequently, you should take a close look at why. You do know that the left lane is for passing right? Check your mirror, is there a long line of traffic behind you? Maybe you could pull over and let them by? Are you making sure you are not cutting off faster moving traffic during lane changes? Are your bumper stickers appropriate for your demographic?
Just some ideas. Even criminals choose their targets based on perceived transgressions. Your pissing people off somehow.
I only take my jeep on conventional one-lane each direction roads and apply the 3-6 second rule. I like your assumptions tho...