Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought mine. After reading all the comments, does anyone want to let me borrow their rivet gun now LOL

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Just installed mine. I also wanted to install the gladiator grille. The JL kit was said to work with gladiator too. Bolt has a JT template in their FAQ section on website. I discovered it tells you to cut too low, at least it was for the JL. After ordering a second center grille piece (fortunately it's under $20), I cut the section one higher than the template and it lined up perfect. I used a hot knife (xacto blade attachment for soldering iron) to cut but a razor blade will work.

20200214_083909.jpg

20200214_083858.jpg

CaseOfAle

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 981S, 19JLUS
Just completed this install on my '19 JLU.

I couldn't find a rivet gun to fit the larger shank of the provided hardware so I replaced with some zing plated hex-head serrated flange bolts and nuts from HomeDepot. I went with the 1/4-20 x 1-1/4" based on the size of the rivet - the bolts were long but that made getting the nuts on very easy and it worked well. The serrated heads meant you can tighten them down without needing to have a socket or wrench on the inside.

I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to get the grill off with the winch installed -the typical Warn/Rubi bumper combo - but that was no issue.

I did the install out of order - and bolted it in in an order that made more sense given the longer bolts. I didn't program the key until I was sure I could mount and secure the locking mechanism, and had everything tightened down before inserting and programming the key. I have no clue why they want you to do that first, when it's installed you don't risk the key wiggling around. The lock comes with the cylinder "upside down" from it's operating position, and inserting the key, you have to rotate it almost 180* clockwise as it sets the pins. There's a little resistance at about the 90* point, and having it secured to the jeep was nice.

Also, with the grill off I was able to tuck the winch cables down and behind much better - That needs to be noted in the winch install threads that removing the grill would make the entire install so much easier, and removing the grill is almost as easy as removing the freedom panels!

IMG_4559.jpg

IMG_4558.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
I've heard that manual transmission JLs might have an issue. Is this true?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I've heard that manual transmission JLs might have an issue. Is this true?
i didnt have any issues with my manual jeep installing this
Sponsored