Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if this new device connects to existing JL attachment points or something like drilling is involved.
I would hope that it uses existing attachment points. If we have to start drilling holes, that changes things (and my interest in the product).
Sponsored

kidintraffic

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
If no drilling is required, this is a great design! Almost completely flat when not in use. Downside I see is when using with a 2-door with the floor mounted sub.

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
THIS!!! I really like the idea of the Tuffy security deck, but I need for it to be removable. I need both the security (top down) as well as the freedom to drop the seats and have the WHOLE back space for sleeping or gear (top up). I also don't like the lid. This otoh, looks perfect! AWESOME!

Sponsored

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
THIS!!! I really like the idea of the Tuffy security deck, but I need for it to be removable. I need both the security (top down) as well as the freedom to drop the seats and have the WHOLE back space for sleeping or gear (top up). I also don't like the lid. This otoh, looks perfect! AWESOME!
I agree! Loved my Tuffy but struggled to get my dog in the 2 door because of it.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
The large under floor bin in the cargo area of JLUs (not sure about JL) is secure when the tailgate is locked - you can't easily open the lid with the tailgate closed. No need for something like this unless you have much larger items.
Never knew this. I have a 2 door, thanks! I wondered why the lid for the bin underneath stuck out so much. I tried pushing it back because it bugged me but doesn’t fit properly that way. Now I know it’s so the tailgate closes over it and locks it down. :like:

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
It seems from Facebook that the maker has been to Jeep festivals. Has anyone spoken to him or company representatives about where this product's price point might be?

Thanks.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Now that's good news!
Hey Jeff/others:

I think it's important to appreciate--and perhaps you or others have already--that when this device is installed, there appears to be a gap between the vertical metal surface most forward in the cabin's cargo area--that makes the device's front wall--and the back seats.

As may be obvious to some/most, this gap is about the same distance I'd imagine as the height of this wall, allowing it the clearance to fold down in a forward manner.

Perhaps this design is a product of where good factory points exist on the floor of the cargo area to attach this vertical wall to.

It would be easy as an armchair warrior to say the device should have had 3 or more folding pieces, not 2, to cover the front to back portion of the cargo area in its entirety (without this aforementioned gap) but sight unseen and creator questioning not yet under my belt, that would probably be unfair/premature on my part.

For me it's not even about top off secure storage, but about hiding items from prying eyes while being able to drop the device and have pretty much the entire cargo area available to me for things that might not just be wide, but tall in size. : - )

Last edited:

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
If the top is out or down and the tailgate is locked - can someone just reach in and hit the unlock button and open the tailgate?

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
If the top is out or down and the tailgate is locked - can someone just reach in and hit the unlock button and open the tailgate?
I'm assuming you refer to a JL with electric door locks, (as opposed to a really stripped sport with manual windows and doors, etc.) and my testing suggests that once the rig is armed, they cannot.

I believe the button simply doesn't respond. FWIW I don't have proximity locks. Functionality may differ for those with this option. : - )

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Manufacture emailed me back. The Logo WILL NOT be that size. That was just Photoshoped onto it so people would remember the name.
Sponsored