First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
in any case, i will stop at any and all stop signs weather or not its privately made or state made. majority of the signs are made by local, county, state authorities. law enforcement is enforce if they are paroling that area. that would be in all public locations like shopping centers, etc. private areas like apartment complex, etc could go either way. if i recall, they too have to be approved and put up authorized signs. which can be enforced by law enforcement.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Stop sign laws.....real or not ?

9f4af09bebddd9f2f03b50641374cd70777544dac696be93a498e8770cdb2eb7_1.jpg.jpg
Are you talking for every jurisdiction in the country or a particular area in one state? If the former, you don't know what you are talking about. Depends on each state law and city ordinance. I've lived in a state where po!ice can enforce signs such as this on private property and another where they can only enforce drunk driving, handicap parking and reckless driving on private property. But in most states there are laws requiring a stop before entering a public street from private property with or without a stop sign.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Semantics! I Stop at Stop signs.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
In Nevada, if the traffic control device (stop, yield, etc.) is on private property to which the public has access (Private property to which the public has access would include shopping centers, mall parking lots, apartment complexes, etc) you cannot be cited for the violation of the traffic control device. However, if law enforcement judges your driving as to be careless or reckless driving, then they can cite or arrest for Careless Driving or Reckless Driving. A few other violations cops can enforce on private property to which the public has access is DUI, No drivers license, and Hit and Run. The department I used to work for also would not investigate crashes on these types of properties, unless it involved DUI or serious/fatal injuries.
Sponsored