Guardian Sirius Xm renewal

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Nope, not going to renew Guardian. But I will renew XM Radio since I cannot get a cell signal in a large majority of the places I take the Jeep so my Pandora and Spotify are out of the question.
Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I’m amazed people listen to Sirius XM. Spotify, Amazon, Apple Music, Pandora are all cheaper (Or free) and much better.

Podcasts are free and better than any talk program.

I had XM when it first launched. But streaming apps made it obsolete years ago.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I’m amazed people listen to Sirius XM. Spotify, Amazon, Apple Music, Pandora are all cheaper (Or free) and much better.

Podcasts are free and better than any talk program.

Plus Doc, I don’t know if you’d ever listened to or are into Sirius NFL radio? There’s as many commercials as Terrestrial radio! What a turn off. You pay for a service and still have to listen to a boat load of commercials??

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I like the XM part and renewed it at the price of 72 dollars for the year.That's taxes and everything.I like XM radio because as I travel with the Jeep, I don't have to search for stations over and over again. I know I can stream via my phone and often do, but I like being able to flip through different types of music with out having to mess with my phone over and over again.

And I called them to get the $4.99 a month deal.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Streaming only works where you have cell service. If I'm headed up to the hills (most days, since I run the dogs daily), 5-10 minutes from my house and cell service becomes really spotty. 30 minutes and it's gone. So if I were to rely solely on streaming, then I'd have music for about 10-15 minutes into a 1+ hour drive.

Sponsored

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I use Amazon Prime for music, rarely stream, when on WiFi I find or make playlists, download those playlist, so no need to be online or have connectivity issues.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Sirius is a no brainer when your out in the woods all the other services won't work when your cell has n o service and its super simple to call and ask for a lower price be it just the radio or the guardian service

OP
OP
Vihoula

Vihoula

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Nursing
I called this morning as my free trial ends tomorrow. They would not give me a lower price, she said there os no lower price for these services. I’m now paying $35 cad/ month. I just couldn't give up the remote features. This does not include any of the xm radio which I think is crap anyways.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Plus Doc, I don’t know if you’d ever listened to or are into Sirius NFL radio? There’s as many commercials as Terrestrial radio! What a turn off. You pay for a service and still have to listen to a boat load of commercials??
Heck even on the "commercial free" stations they advertise their other stations.

Sponsored

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The remote features are nice, esp in an emergency. The feature I really like is the "real time" vehicle information. But it doesn't work. ie its shows last update 3 days ago and I have a half a tank of gas. In actuality I have under a quarter of a tank. Spoke to Jeep FCAfeedback several times. Zero help. worthless feature.

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
When I purchased my 2019 JL, it included 5 years of XM Traffic and XM Radio, and a 12 month trial of XM Guardian. The Guardian subscription has been messed up since day one as it only shows a 6 month free trial starting on December 18th, 2019.

I highly doubt that I'll be renewing the XM Guardian subscription because while the features may be nice to have, the data in the app and online is nowhere near real time........my data is at least 5 days old at the best of times!

The package prices are also pretty steep for Canadians, $33.98/month for the Convenience + Security package, or $17.99/month for either the Assist or Security packages on their own.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Hell no, not paying to listen to commercials. I can download all the podcasts i need for any long drives.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Yeah, same here. After listening to Pandora I couldn't go back to Sirius.

Pandora's customer service is non-existent, but that's still better than Sirius's infamous crappy customer service.

And once you get used to the variety of music on Pandora, to the ability to pause, replay, fast forward and search, and to the superior quality of the sound, all for a fraction of the cost, Satellite radio's days are numbered.
Realized this once I drove a Tesla. Sirius customer service is actually hilarious it's so bad. I haven't figured out a good solution for long drives though where I lose reception for hours at a time. I would get rid of Sirius XM in a heart beat if I did. For now I just pay the $15/mo as it's worth the convenience to me.

I don't live in a big city (suburb) but if I did I might consider the $400/year expense assuming I couldn't get adequate insurance support for modifications+labor.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
After my one free year was up on Guardian service, I did renew for a year... what a waste of money... I kept my XM service as limited cell coverage and use the XM on my iPhone...
Sponsored