First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
20191226_175325.jpg
20191226_141444.jpg
Haven't had one issue yet. This morning upon starting I notice my odometer says 999,999.
Uhm, shut it down. Restarted and it's back to normal. .. .weirdness
Sponsored

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
20191226_175325.jpg
20191226_141444.jpg
Haven't had one issue yet. This morning upon starting I notice my odometer says 999,999.
Uhm, shut it down. Restarted and it's back to normal. .. .weirdness
Hi Vic,
We're sorry to hear about this. Should this return, please feel free to reach out to us via PM. We would be happy to offer assistance throughout your service visit.
Alex
JeepCares

bmrrwolfe

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2005 Grand Cherokee
Easy fix. Dealer needs to do an update, and you'll be home in an hour (if the dealer is competent)

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
I saw in a movie once where this kid put a Ferrari on blocks, put it in reverse, and let it run backwards to remove those unwanted miles. It might take awhile but you could try that if nothing else works.:LOL:

Sponsored

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
Dealer flash or push in all fuses and find the ECU ground strap, temp remove, scrape area and reinstall.

Seems the ground area on Jeep was painted and not getting properly grounded.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I saw in a movie once where this kid put a Ferrari on blocks, put it in reverse, and let it run backwards to remove those unwanted miles. It might take awhile but you could try that if nothing else works.:LOL:
I seem to recall it didn't end well though. LOL

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Did you just shut it down, restart, and it fixed itself? Jeeps are awesome at that. But if you didn't move it, that's even weirder - not only is the mileage off, but so is the compass, clock, trip mileage, everything...how bizarre!

My wife's JLU Sport had mild electrical hiccup from new, where the panel that controls the defroster/radio volume/etc. would randomly energize a few seconds to sometimes almost a minute after starting the Jeep, so initially all adjustments needed to be made with the touch screen. Other times it was fine so I didn't bother the dealer with it. Anyway, I recently installed the Quadratec 12v accessory plug to add a USB charger by the back seat, so I had the battery disconnected for a decent amount of time. I had to unplug that panel to run the harness down by the lighter. After putting the dash back together and reconnecting the battery, the initial startup on the screen said "Rubicon" (WTF?) but then corrected itself. And the once-intermittent panel has also fixed itself, and lights up right away with the rest of the dash.

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Did you just shut it down, restart, and it fixed itself? Jeeps are awesome at that. But if you didn't move it, that's even weirder - not only is the mileage off, but so is the compass, clock, trip mileage, everything...how bizarre!

My wife's JLU Sport had mild electrical hiccup from new, where the panel that controls the defroster/radio volume/etc. would randomly energize a few seconds to sometimes almost a minute after starting the Jeep, so initially all adjustments needed to be made with the touch screen. Other times it was fine so I didn't bother the dealer with it. Anyway, I recently installed the Quadratec 12v accessory plug to add a USB charger by the back seat, so I had the battery disconnected for a decent amount of time. I had to unplug that panel to run the harness down by the lighter. After putting the dash back together and reconnecting the battery, the initial startup on the screen said "Rubicon" (WTF?) but then corrected itself. And the once-intermittent panel has also fixed itself, and lights up right away with the rest of the dash.
It righted itself and all has been well thus far