Stealthbox Expectations

btkrausen

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
For those of you that have put in the Stealthbox, what are your opinions? I just put it in today and I'm fairly underwhelmed at this point. That said, I replaced a JL 2 x 10" ported box. I feel like it vibrates the rear more than it sends bass forward, haha. I'm running a JL XD700/5v2 and the single sub is connected to the mono sub output.

The dual-ported box was amazing but I wanted the 'trunk' space back but still be able to rock.

Let me know your thoughts.
Sponsored

CouchPotato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
For those of you that have put in the Stealthbox, what are your opinions? I just put it in today and I'm fairly underwhelmed at this point. That said, I replaced a JL 2 x 10" ported box. I feel like it vibrates the rear more than it sends bass forward, haha. I'm running a JL XD700/5v2 and the single sub is connected to the mono sub output.

The dual-ported box was amazing but I wanted the 'trunk' space back but still be able to rock.

I kind of know what you mean. It sounds plenty load to me compared to the alpine sub, but not compared to the amount of vibration. The driver's seat shakes alarmingly when I turn up the volume. I feel like I have massage seats now. I'm running a single two ohm version off a VX1000/5i so it's getting 600 watts when it's only rated for 300 which might not be helping. The extra power doesn't seem to bother it and it sounds clean so I figure I'll replace it with the 4 ohm speaker if I blow it.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I kind of know what you mean. It sounds plenty load to me compared to the alpine sub, but not compared to the amount of vibration. The driver's seat shakes alarmingly when I turn up the volume. I feel like I have massage seats now. I'm running a single two ohm version off a VX1000/5i so it's getting 600 watts when it's only rated for 300 which might not be helping. The extra power doesn't seem to bother it and it sounds clean so I figure I'll replace it with the 4 ohm speaker if I blow it.
So you think the 4ohm speaker would sound better? I'm running the 2ohm version as well but 300w RMS (I believe). I might get some dynamat and apply it in that area to see if I can get the vibration down to a minimum

CouchPotato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So you think the 4ohm speaker would sound better? I'm running the 2ohm version as well but 300w RMS (I believe). I might get some dynamat and apply it in that area to see if I can get the vibration down to a minimum
I doubt there would be a noticeable difference in sound quality going to the 4 ohm, but it would be a better match for the amp in my case.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order

What dual ported box? I was thinking about getting 2 of these but would rather have a setup where i have 2 in a box, and if I need the space i could unplug it and take out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the JL Audio BassWedge and man, it's awesome. But I had it bolted in so it wouldn't move around. https://www.jlaudio.com/cp210-w0v3-car-audio-basswedge-93265

I'm going to put a second JL Stealthbox in so I can run them as 2ohm and see how that sounds. I don't have a truck so both of my SUVs have to serve that purpose to some extent.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
I had the JL Audio BassWedge and man, it's awesome. But I had it bolted in so it wouldn't move around. https://www.jlaudio.com/cp210-w0v3-car-audio-basswedge-93265

I'm going to put a second JL Stealthbox in so I can run them as 2ohm and see how that sounds. I don't have a truck so both of my SUVs have to serve that purpose to some extent.
I may do something like this and put a quick release on it so I can remove if i need the space. maybe keep factory sub attached and have a switch between the two. I already have the focal utopias with the focal 6900 amp. Havent decided on the amp or dsp yet.
Sponsored