Rubicon vs sport suspension height?

NickM

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL SPort S
Nick, unless you plan to lift it any further I'd already have those longer LCAs in the shopping cart, it WILL be much better going down the road :)
Posting pics is easy on this site. Just store pics on your PC, click "upload file" box on the sites posting page, load your pic(s), then click on the "full image" box next to the pic you want in the post you're making.
I am content with the lift I had, really didn't expect as much as I got. When I did the same lift on a JK 2 door I got just over an inch. I would like to pick up a pair of the Mopar lift LCA's just in case....
5FCF97C3-C3B8-4B76-BEFD-35C08402B3C5.jpeg
Sponsored

BlackoutJLU

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I have a 2019 JLU Sport. I recently purchased JLU Rubicon Hardtop shocks and springs for it. The Stock front and rear springs on mine are
And the Rubicon take offs are

Given how close in number the stock and Rubi front springs are, do you think I will get much lift in the front? Do you think I need 0.5 inch leveling spacers?
I did the Rubicon spring and shock swap today. My dad helped it took us a little over 4 hours. The first rear took 1.5 hours the second only 35 minutes. The fronts took 1 hour each. I gained 1 inch up front and 2 inches in the back. Looks like I need a leveling kit.
Stock Height at fender on left side:
Front 36 1/4
Rear 36 5/8
Right side was 1/4 inch lower

With Rubicon takeoffs:
Front L37 1/4, R37
Rear L38 1/2, R38

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU sting gray sport s
I did the Rubicon spring and shock swap today. My dad helped it took us a little over 4 hours. The first rear took 1.5 hours the second only 35 minutes. The fronts took 1 hour each. I gained 1 inch up front and 2 inches in the back. Looks like I need a leveling kit.
Stock Height at fender on left side:
Front 36 1/4
Rear 36 5/8
Right side was 1/4 inch lower

With Rubicon takeoffs:
Front L37 1/4, R37
Rear L38 1/2, R38
what spring numbers did you start with and what did you go to?

BlackoutJLU

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what spring numbers did you start with and what did you go to?
I think that was the problem. The Stock front and rear springs on mine were

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU sting gray sport s
I think that was the problem. The Stock front and rear springs on mine were
yours must be a soft top without tow package then? Those are pretty Low numbers. See how it settles and then yeah a small spacer probably around 1/2” up front would be good!

Sponsored

BlackoutJLU

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yours must be a soft top without tow package then? Those are pretty Low numbers. See how it settles and then yeah a small spacer probably around 1/2” up front would be good!
I went ahead and added the Rough Country 3/4 inch spacer lift up front to level it out. Now it sits level front to back on the drivers side and about 1/2 higher in rear on passenger side. It looks much better now and I am happier that it’s not nose heavy any more.

FD80F374-487A-4C2D-A87A-4FD0FD1BEE73.jpeg

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I went ahead and added the Rough Country 3/4 inch spacer lift up front to level it out. Now it sits level front to back on the drivers side and about 1/2 higher in rear on passenger side. It looks much better now and I am happier that it’s not nose heavy any more.
Looks great!

NickM

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL SPort S

Pretty much identical to mine in post 271 above including the 3/4" RC spacer. What tires are those?

BlackoutJLU

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The wheels and tires are take offs from a Gladiator Rubicon. The tires are Falken Wildpeak MT 285/70R17

NickM

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL SPort S
The wheels and tires are take offs from a Gladiator Rubicon. The tires are Falken Wildpeak MT 285/70R17
How do you like the tires? I'm looking for a wider 17" over the stock 245 Goodyears. Are they noisy?

Sponsored

BlackoutJLU

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you like the tires? I'm looking for a wider 17" over the stock 245 Goodyears. Are they noisy?
I really like them. They are not as loud as I expected them to be. Not very noisy for MT’s.

Suthrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR
I ordered the Mopar LCA's for the front to get a better alignment but the new LCA's don't have the rubber on them around the bolt holes like the stockers. Is this normal and if not what do I need to order make it right? Thanks.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I ordered the Mopar LCA's for the front to get a better alignment but the new LCA's don't have the rubber on them around the bolt holes like the stockers. Is this normal and if not what do I need to order make it right? Thanks.
It's normal. The Mopar lift arms have a slightly different bushing.

NickM

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL SPort S
Can you share the part number for the Mopar LCA's?

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase