Sponsored

Recommendation: Stubby front bumper, winch-ready, circular lights (arb alternative)

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Have you considered the factory steel bumper? You can make it a stubby or not. I picked that bumper when I purchased it...... I like the fact that I can have two looks at a whim and, other than a mounting plate, it’s winch ready, stick a bar on it and you can add some lights to the bar.
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted the same setup, but ultimately I could not get everything I wanted. I ended up with a poison Spyder bruiser, it had everything except accepting the factory led fogs. I ended up with rigid SAE fogs, and they are amazing. So much brighter than factory. I really like the setup, and it works great for me.

9D0EF728-DE17-4602-8495-135CA99EA1C0.jpeg

581A7E46-3DBB-4BAF-9A63-CF36FF6AC677.jpeg

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

Sponsored

AstroDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davescosmos.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
And no need for a $200 winch plate. However, it appears there is some cutting and drilling required... so it's not just a quick bolt-on. I will post my process when I get it early next year.
This stubby bumper has the recessed winch it seems AND factory fog lights...nice.

NovaJeep

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Curious if you installed the bumper? I just did and I like it. Quality seems good but a super tight fit with a winch. Installed the Stryker bar and added a Smittybilt x20 winch but I had to move the solenoid off-center to get it to fit. The winch contacts the grill and I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems and figured out how to fix it. Debated taking it off and adding a few more washers to extend the bumper another 1/2 inch. Otherwise, I'm happy with it.

20191123_121322.jpg
My setup was exactly the same. I found the fitment extremely tight as well, but managed to keep the solenoid centered. I did ignore the instructions a bit and installed the winch on the bumper before installing the bumper on the frame, however not sure how much of a difference it would make.

It definitely took a few attempts to sit the bumper in the correct spot, as it was very tight. That was certainly the longest part of the process.

Overall I'm a big fan of this bumper, the quality is good and it handles the winch well. The only downside is the fog light placement does seem to reduce the amount of usable light at night (with the fogs so close to center now)
20190916_184427.jpg

20190916_184423.jpg
Sponsored