How well do hockey bags fit in a JLU?

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
For all those who play or have kids who play. How many bags/ sticks can you put in the cargo area and how well do they fit? I play in adult leagues and my two little ones will start playing this year so wanted to get an idea. Thanks.
Sponsored

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
For all those who play or have kids who play. How many bags/ sticks can you put in the cargo area and how well do they fit? I play in adult leagues and occasionally car pool, my two littles one will start playing this year so wanted to get an idea. Thanks.
tenor (1).gif

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Moving to Canada section.....

J/k. If the kids are in the back seat and you're using just the cargo area I'm thinking 2 or 3 tops. Probably only 1 adult hockey bag would fit. If the back seats were flat you could probably get a lot more.

Sponsored

Qurtyslyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
I can fit my lacrosse gear in the back no problem. My long pole has to go up over the back seat though.

Freeballs

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My kids and I all play. Full size bag plus two of the grit rolling bags all fit. My sticks fit in cargo area when placed diagonally.

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
I can easily fit my one bag and sticks with room for beer. I will say however with the soft top, I can't simply throw my bag in the back anymore like I did with my hard top removed - the soft top mechanical arms and hardware gets in the way. I have to open the tailgate and slide my bag into the rear. Minor annoyance but something I noticed when I installed my soft top for the warm months.

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU
For all those who play or have kids who play. How many bags/ sticks can you put in the cargo area and how well do they fit? I play in adult leagues and my two little ones will start playing this year so wanted to get an idea. Thanks.
Hockey playing Canadian here... (eh). Pretty much every weekend I have two bags with plenty of sticks no problem. Three bags fit too. And we've done away tournaments w/ two kids bags and couple small suitcases for the weekend! Lots of room!

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I can fit three bags and sticks, no problem. Actually just loaded it up and am heading out now to the boys' practice.

Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My son's goalie bag fits back there no problem. When I play I could fit 3 player bags back there tightly. And my grit referee tower fits no problem.

DaVikes

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Red JLUR
Four bags fit, no problem. My son and his teammates are in high school, so they are full size canvas bags. I have a hockey stick rack hanging from the roll bars.

We and gear all weigh about 840 lbs and it still rides pretty good.

OP
OP
Impy5

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Four bags fit, no problem. My son and his teammates are in high school, so they are full size canvas bags. I have a hockey stick rack hanging from the roll bars.

We and gear all weigh about 840 lbs and it still rides pretty good.
The stick rack sounds like an awesome idea, would you happen to have a picture of it?

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
I’ve got a two door and I can fit a full hockey bag and two sticks in mine. I put the sticks long ways and over the center consol. I’d imagine you’d not need to do that with the four door

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
No issues with room for gear. Only issue is when the soft top is on, I have to squeeze under the tailgate bar. Sometimes just throw in back seat.
Sponsored