werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I recently purchased my JLUR with halogen lights and am attempting to turn all of the lights to LED. I have the headlights and foglights working perfect with bulbs I purchased from Amazon, however the LED bulbs I bought for the DRL only seem to work half of the time. They will work as DRL, but then turn off when I turn the headlights on. I tried flipping the bulbs to correct the polarity and they work with the headlights on, but not as DRL then. Please excuse me if this has been covered before, but I have spent the last 4 hours searching and googling without any success. Thanks!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I recently purchased my JLUR with halogen lights and am attempting to turn all of the lights to LED. I have the headlights and foglights working perfect with bulbs I purchased from Amazon, however the LED bulbs I bought for the DRL only seem to work half of the time. They will work as DRL, but then turn off when I turn the headlights on. I tried flipping the bulbs to correct the polarity and they work with the headlights on, but not as DRL then. Please excuse me if this has been covered before, but I have spent the last 4 hours searching and googling without any success. Thanks!
If you are talking about Fender DRL/turn signals you MUST use a 7443-CK bulb, a regular 7443 is the wrong polarity. These are what I use & work well w. no hyperflash or bulb out warnings.
https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...switchback-high-output-can-bus-led-bulbs-pair
Summit racing has these for about $34

JL_v

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Sahara
I ran into this issue too..what trim model is it?..

OP
OP
werewolf4805

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I ran into this issue too..what trim model is it?..
If you are talking about Fender DRL/turn signals you MUST use a 7443-CK bulb, a regular 7443 is the wrong polarity. These are what I use & work well w. no hyperflash or bulb out warnings.
https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...switchback-high-output-can-bus-led-bulbs-pair
I have a Rubicon so it has 2 bulbs in the fender, one for the turn signal and one for the DRL. I have no issues with the turn signal or any warnings. I just can't get the bulb to light up as a DRL and with the headlights on.

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
I have a Rubicon so it has 2 bulbs in the fender, one for the turn signal and one for the DRL. I have no issues with the turn signal or any warnings. I just can't get the bulb to light up as a DRL and with the headlights on.
If you're talking about the headlights find a true 9 inch kit and not the 7 inch ones with the adapters.

Sponsored

OP
OP
werewolf4805

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you're talking about the headlights find a true 9 inch kit and not the 7 inch ones with the adapters.
I'm talking about the fender DRL, not the headlight halo ring, but thank you.

JL_v

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Sahara
From what I’ve seen on other threads..You need to flash it or use a taser to enable “leds” other wise your drls won’t work..
I have the same issue with mine..they light up with my head lights and manually turning my marker lights on but won’t turn on as drl.

OP
OP
werewolf4805

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
From what I’ve seen on other threads..You need to flash it or use a taser to enable “leds” other wise your drls won’t work..
I have the same issue with mine..they light up with my head lights and manually turning my marker lights on but won’t turn on as drl.
I was hoping this wasn't the case, but it seems to be the fix from I found too.

Party Marty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0
I seem to be having (maybe) a similar issue. I bought LED’s without knowing it would turn into a $300 Taser purchase, but it did. I don’t mind, happy to have it, but still not getting my DRL’s to be “always on,” even after setting them to the Canada setting in the menu. Are they maybe not the CK bulbs? I’d love to have the DRL’s on all the time. And it’d be even cooler if I could get them to be on all the time, then off when the orange bulb flicks, then on again, then off again...if that makes sense. Kind of a sequential thing. Is that possible?

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 Sport S. Will these bulbs act like a DRL meaning when you start the vehicle they are on without having to turn the headlights on? And when you use the turn signal the white goes out and uses amber turn signals?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I have a 2018 Sport S. Will these bulbs act like a DRL meaning when you start the vehicle they are on without having to turn the headlights on? And when you use the turn signal the white goes out and uses amber turn signals?
You'll have to wire them as per the fuse 57 method or turn on your parking lights to have the DRL function. Mine are wired w/ fuse 57 being my 12v source, this keeps the DRLs on anytime the ignition is switched on and will allow you to use your auto headlight function w/ the DRLs.
Sponsored