Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
It was inevitable that it would happen, and I was emotionally prepared for it. While wheeling the other day, I dropped my rig into a precipitously deep hole and knocked the stock front bumper out of alignment, also bending the metal bracket one of the fog lights is attached to. It was a good excuse to finally remove the euro-plastic crap. A few whacks with a sledgehammer brought it all back into absolutely perfect alignment. I used to “fix” the bumpers on my FJ40 with a sledge, back in the day.

It’s a Jeep thing, I guess.

Incidentally, I did make covers for the light harnesses on the back of the bumper out of the euro-plastic. I used a table saw and a belt sander. They turned out very well, like factory stock! Glad to see my woodworking skills can work with plastic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
By the way, I expected the stock bumper to be a bit more robust than it is.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Pictures or it didnt count:LOL:
Seriously! Come on Jeff, you should know better!! And unless I missed it, you didn’t say if you have the steel or plastic stock bumper! Come on man! I know that using a sledge implies steel, but I’ve always had steel bumpers so I have no idea how plastic works, maybe you can sledgehammer them too!

:angry::angry::angry::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::whatsgoingon::whatsgoingon::turkey:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously! Come on Jeff, you should know better!! And unless I missed it, you didn’t say if you have the steel or plastic stock bumper! Come on man! I know that using a sledge implies steel, but I’ve always had steel bumpers so I have no idea how plastic works, maybe you can sledgehammer them too!

:angry::angry::angry::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::whatsgoingon::whatsgoingon::turkey:
Tanner, I own a Sport. It’s plastic, but underneath the plastic is a steel skeleton. I had a straight shot at smacking steel with the sledge after I removed the euro-plastic wind thingies, mainly the bracket around the driver side fog light assembly. That is what I hammered on.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Ya wants ta wheel, ya gonna bend the steel.

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
When I ordered mine I debated getting the steel bumper and when I saw one at the dealer I could tell it was a POS. Glad I saved that $900 and got a real bumper instead. I've pushed my LoD into rocks, hills, trees, and who knows what else and it just takes it.

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i love my front Rampage bumper. all 3/16" steel with small bull loop and is winch ready as well as it is 10" light bar ready. its a full width that gives good protection. Even better quadratec still has it on sell. for 229.99. it fits both the JK and the JL's Rampage Products 99306

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
i love my front Rampage bumper. all 3/16" steel with small bull loop and is winch ready as well as it is 10" light bar ready. its a full width that gives good protection. Even better quadratec still has it on sell. for 229.99. it fits both the JK and the JL's Rampage Products 99306
Thanks Brian! What did you have to do to adapt the bumper to mount your OE fogs?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Thanks Brian! What did you have to do to adapt the bumper to mount your OE fogs?
i havent install my OEM fogs back in. i adapted two 6.5" amber LED flood lamps on the light bar mount and connected them to the fog light switch. i am looking to install LED head lamps and Fogs in the future. BUT the JK fogs fit right in and bolt directly. ill attach a photo for my setup. i will be going with an XRC smitty built 10K winch

IMG_1048.JPG

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL