Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Added Rock Krawlers rear spring correction pads to try to straighten out my rear coils. I ordered 2 sets as they are different heights to be side specific. Synergys coils are already side specific so I need 2 the same height. I used the taller pads as I wanted a bit more height in the rear and ended up with a little over a 1/2" extra lift which should be perfect for towing. Anyway on to the pics.
jeep57-jpg.jpg

The pads are only 10 degrees and I need more angle to actually get the coils straight. I'm having this issue because Synergys rear upper control arms minimum length is 18" while the factory upper rear control arms are 17 7/16" I had the lowers stretched out to 20 1/2" to try to compensate but that is a bit far back in the wheel well. I now have them set at 20 1/4" and the coils don't look much different.
Before:
jeep54-jpg.jpg

After:
jeep58-jpg.jpg

The extra height kinda helped the sway bar position but I still have to keep the links near their top height to keep them off the axle. At this point I think the only fix is to shorten the upper control arms. I think I'm gonna put the stock uppers back on next weekend and cut some of the shank off of the Synergy rear UCA joint to get it closer to a stock minimum length.

On the plus side the rear is finally at the height I want for towing.
jeep61-jpg.jpg

I need to redistribute the load on my camper somehow to lose some tongue weight as I am well over 200 lbs. Currently I get 1 1/4" of sag with the camper and that's without the freezer fridge in it and loaded.
No load height:
jeep59-jpg.jpg

Height with camper
jeep60-jpg.jpg
Sucks gotta modify the control arms. I think its funny they say The upper arms are stock length when they arent. Still have the same issue on my cousins ride. Hes probably going to switch out his uppers as well. Other than that rig looks good man
Sponsored

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed Chris, explained my issues, and he got back to me. Synergy are gonna make me a set of new rear upper control arms arms that adjust down to factory length.

Quoted from the email:
"Long story short, I believe there was a miscommunication somewhere along the line and although the JL and JK use identical factory rear control arms, the desired lengths when lifted are a bit different. I was under the impression our rear upper JK control arms collapsed to stock length, but it appears they do not. On the JK it is quite common to stretch the rear axle back a bit, but this isn't really an option for the JL without cutting into the body quite a bit. We will be making JL specific rear upper and lower control arms."

So JL specific rear arms should be available in the future.

He also said:" If anyone else runs into the same issue they can contact me for a solution."

@Moto_21 you might get your cousin to shoot Chris an email.

Just wanted to say thanks a bunch to Chris for sorting this out.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed Chris, explained my issues, and he got back to me. Synergy are gonna make me a set of new rear upper control arms arms that adjust down to factory length.

Quoted from the email:
"Long story short, I believe there was a miscommunication somewhere along the line and although the JL and JK use identical factory rear control arms, the desired lengths when lifted are a bit different. I was under the impression our rear upper JK control arms collapsed to stock length, but it appears they do not. On the JK it is quite common to stretch the rear axle back a bit, but this isn't really an option for the JL without cutting into the body quite a bit. We will be making JL specific rear upper and lower control arms."

So JL specific rear arms should be available in the future.

He also said:" If anyone else runs into the same issue they can contact me for a solution."

@Moto_21 you might get your cousin to shoot Chris an email.

Just wanted to say thanks a bunch to Chris for sorting this out.
Hey thanks man, good to know, ill send this his way

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Added a Rough Country MLC-6 switch pod. Although I like the way it looks I'm not impressed with the durability. The negative terminal stud sheared off hand tight. I had to desolder the post and replaced it with a bolt. I also had to place washers under the mounting base to get it tall enough to bolt the switch housing to the base.
jeep62-jpg.jpg

jeep63-jpg.jpg

I'm gonna get the ARB twin compressor and Jk innovations 4 tire air system next. Getting close to wrapping up stage one of my build but my cash flow is a lot lower now so it might take a bit to get there.

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Added a Rough Country MLC-6 switch pod. Although I like the way it looks I'm not impressed with the durability. The negative terminal stud sheared off hand tight. I had to desolder the post and replaced it with a bolt. I also had to place washers under the mounting base to get it tall enough to bolt the switch housing to the base.
jeep62-jpg.jpg

jeep63-jpg.jpg

I'm gonna get the ARB twin compressor and Jk innovations 4 tire air system next. Getting close to wrapping up stage one of my build but my cash flow is a lot lower now so it might take a bit to get there.
That green stuffs always getting in the way

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Synergy rear shock relocation brackets on.
jeep67-jpg.jpg

I was able to shorten up the rear sway bar links a good bit. I will play around with the geometry a bit more once I get the new shorter rear upper control arms. They should be here soon.

I also ended up ordering the Swayloc instead of the air compressor. Found a discount code for it so it moved up the list.

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Swaylock today.
jeep68-jpg.jpg

jeep69-jpg.jpg

I dont have the compressor yet so I've got a short bit of air line in to keep the cylinder clean. Went and drove it for a bit. Initial impressions: it's a good bit stiffer on the street that the stock sway bar I like how it rides. I blocked the cylinder open with a nut and the softer rate torsion bar does not feel much softer than stock. Drove a few well location roads and ran through some ditches it feels nice but I'm not sure how flexy it will be. Don't really have much in the way of fun terrain around town.

This thing installs a bit different than the JK version. The bushings install from the inside and the sway bar is locked in place with locking collars.
jeep70-jpg.jpg

I also got the new shorter rear upper control arms in from Synergy. These can adjust down shorter than stock looks like 17 1/4". I'll try to get them on this week. Thanks again Chris this is awesome.
jeep71-jpg.jpg

I'm gonna hard mount the solenoid to my manifold. Inlet size on the solenoid is 1/8" npt. I have a 1/4" to 1/8" npt adaptor and a 1/8" npt 90 ordered. the manifold will mount above the brake booster.

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the locker manifold and hooked up the solenoid and air lines to the swayloc. Also wired the solenoid to the MLC-6.
jeep72-jpg.jpg

I had my sway bar angle to high so I swapped the links to the longest single link.
jeep73-jpg.jpg

Gonna buy the compressor next paycheck.

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
ARB twin compressor, JK Innovations compressor mount + 4 Tire Air System are installed. I also swapped out the Mopar trailer harness that worked a grand total of 3 times for a Curt 4 pin and Hopkins 7 pin adaptor. Finally got the Redarc trailer brake controller installed as well.

Here Is the compressor under the seat:
jeep78-jpg.jpg

It's not really a good place for it way too tight under there. I ended up cutting away part of the cover so I could mount the air line as low as possible. If you normally carry rear passengers you are gonna lose some foot room as well. On the plus side the power harness that comes with the compressor is just long enough to reach the battery.
jeep82-jpg.jpg

All the tubing for the 4 tire air system is open so I needed a way to isolate it from the locker manifold for normal operation so I bought a 1/4" npt ball valve. I ended up adding two 1/4" NPT 90's, a 15" section of premade airline with 1/4" npt fittings, a 6" nipple, an arb tee adaptor, an arb JIC4 90 and two 1/4" npt couplings(one of which has a mounting bracket) to get everything routed where it needed to be including the compression tee that comes with the kit. What a mess but it works.
jeep77-jpg.jpg

I also use ARB's 3 meter braided stainless airline with JIC4 connectors and it ended up being just barely long enough to reach from the compressor to the locker manifold the way I routed it.
jeep81-jpg.jpg

I really like the 4 tire air system the air chucks are very easy to use as are the compression fittings.
jeep79-jpg.jpg

I especially like the air up/down tool that comes with the kit.
jeep80-jpg.jpg

Slide the blue collar to release air from the tires and slide it back to seal off the tires and check tire pressure on the gauge. The brass knob on the end can be used to set a maximum pressure and it will bleed off air once that pressure is reached and you can turn the compressor off and unhook everything at that point. I did not time it but I went from 32 psi down to 8 psi in a couple of minutes. From 8 to 36 psi felt like about 5 or 6 minutes. I think I'm gonna get a Tazer and just turn the tpms off its annoying. Mine flashes even though they are all transmitting pressure.

I found out last week that my Mopar trailer harness has a bad converter box so I ditched it for a Curt aftermarket 4 pin harness/converter and a Hopkins 4 pin to 4/7 pin adaptor. If your in the market for a trailer harness its way easier than the mopar harness and cheaper as well.
jeep83-jpg.jpg

I've had this Redarc trailer brake controller since before I got the jeep and just got around to installing it when I redid the trailer harness. Its very unobtrusive. I put the knob in this panel vent for something that my sport did not come with.
jeep84-jpg.jpg

Now that I have it I'm not really Impressed with the brakes on my camper but they work.

So now I'm just about done with stage 1 of my build. I just need to swap out my rear upper control arms for the custom ones Synergy sent me and that's it. Think I'm gonna do that tomorrow.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
OK stage one is done.

Just installed the shortened rear uppers that Synergy sent me. I've been putting this off because I loath the flag nut behind the gas tank but I lucked out this time it only took me 5 minutes to get the bolt started. I currently have them set at factory upper length but will fine tune the rear geometry later. It's a big improvement over the longer uppers as is.

jeep85-jpg.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks again Chris @AllJumpStyle for getting these built for me and sent out. I really appreciate the top notch customer service.:like:

So I guess I'm done for a while. I plan to save up cash for the pro rock 44 and rear axle regear. I might have that in by next Christmas.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
OK stage one is done.

Just installed the shortened rear uppers that Synergy sent me. I've been putting this off because I loath the flag nut behind the gas tank but I lucked out this time it only took me 5 minutes to get the bolt started. I currently have them set at factory upper length but will fine tune the rear geometry later. It's a big improvement over the longer uppers as is.

jeep85-jpg.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks again Chris @AllJumpStyle for getting these built for me and sent out. I really appreciate the top notch customer service.:like:

So I guess I'm done for a while. I plan to save up cash for the pro rock 44 and rear axle regear. I might have that in by next Christmas.
Good work man, like the 4 air system. And i agree with the shortened arms, we got them from chris for my cousins. Huge difference. We got those springs in the back dialed in straight now! Thanks for the info and help on that too man, appreciate it

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Good work man, like the 4 air system. And i agree with the shortened arms, we got them from chris for my cousins. Huge difference. We got those springs in the back dialed in straight now! Thanks for the info and help on that too man, appreciate it
Thanks. Glad yall got it dialed in. No problem.

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Why did you need shorter rear UCA's?
Synergy's rear upper control arms(JK) are longer than stock. I was having 2 separate issues. Excessive spring bow and sway bar links contacting the axle during articulation unless adjusted to their absolute maximum length.
Sponsored