Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So I've looked on the forum and haven't found anything related to this, unless I'm using the wrong verbiage so i'll just put it here as a new thread.

Does anyone know if there's a security bolt that can replace the factory bolts that go onto the Mopar steel front bumper? So i'm specifically talking about the factory bolts that hold in the end caps and that also would be used for a Mopar winch/grille guard, and even some other grille guards from Maximus-3 or Warn.

I will be installing the steel bumper, a warn winch, the Mopar grille/winch guard, as well as a couple KC lights on the bar, and was just curious if there's any security bolts that can replace the factory ones that is slightly more secure than just the torx bit that would be needed to remove what is there.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Well now that I know that there is not security bolts and just torx holding it along with a few regular ones:

Where are you parked?

HAHA good questions. Looking to do the same soon enough and never would have thought of it.

Ill be staying tuned for sure.

OP
OP
ZONA.OVRLND

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well now that I know that there is not security bolts and just torx holding it along with a few regular ones:

Where are you parked?

HAHA good questions. Looking to do the same soon enough and never would have thought of it.

Ill be staying tuned for sure.
Well so I park in the garage at my house, and work from home and live in a good area where I don't anticipate having any issues, but one can never be certain, right? So I figured i'd be proactive in trying to see if there's something I can do to make it at least more difficult for someone looking to do something like that. I have security bolts from KC HiLItes for the lights, however, with where the light would be going, if the bolts that go into the bumper are just regular torx bolts, my "security" nuts for the light will be of no use because the whole grille bar will be able to be taken, wires cut and that's that.

Only a partial answer but I have this Factor 55 winch lock/bolt.

ADB043E8-B744-4E4A-9EAC-C68E8699D6C5.jpeg

https://factor55.com/product/winch-lock/

like their other products it’s not cheap, but I think it’s a good idea.
I actually did get a pair of these for the winch, now that I think of it! Going to see if those would work as i look to try get some of my front bumper upgrade done this weekend.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
So I've looked on the forum and haven't found anything related to this, unless I'm using the wrong verbiage so i'll just put it here as a new thread.

Does anyone know if there's a security bolt that can replace the factory bolts that go onto the Mopar steel front bumper? So i'm specifically talking about the factory bolts that hold in the end caps and that also would be used for a Mopar winch/grille guard, and even some other grille guards from Maximus-3 or Warn.

I will be installing the steel bumper, a warn winch, the Mopar grille/winch guard, as well as a couple KC lights on the bar, and was just curious if there's any security bolts that can replace the factory ones that is slightly more secure than just the torx bit that would be needed to remove what is there.

Thanks in advance!
mcmaster.com has several options.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The torx bolts that come from the factory are supposed to provide some deterrence.

It is true that a torx bolt is not high security, but unless thieves go around with all types and sizes of torx screwdrivers in their pocket, chances are they won't have the means to remove the bolts.

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
You're afraid someone will steal your bumper? :crying:
Same thing I was wondering ... sounds like a move to a better neighborhood may be needed.

I live in one of the poorest states in the nation with one of the largest, per capita, off road enthusiast populations and I have never heard of a bumper being stolen.

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
There are torx bolts that have a pin in the middle of the head and need a torx wrench with a hole in it to remove. They are slightly more secure than a normal torx; which can be removed with a flat head screw driver. But the torx with a hole wrenches are readily available now.

TorxHole.jpg

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

Thanks in advance!
David, although I have no affiliation with these guys, the Bolt Depot has been useful to me at times for finding those less than off the big box door shelf bolts/nuts etc. My link below is to the Tamper Resistant page of their website.

https://www.boltdepot.com/Tamper-resistant-fasteners.aspx

If they don't have what you need they might very well know who does.

Cheers.

Sponsored

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I was worried about light bar on my front bumper being stolen. I ordered bolts/nuts from Bryce Fasteners. They are individually keyed and only available to the original purchaser.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
The torx bolts that come from the factory are supposed to provide some deterrence.

It is true that a torx bolt is not high security, but unless thieves go around with all types and sizes of torx screwdrivers in their pocket, chances are they won't have the means to remove the bolts.
You seriously cant be this naive.

Derek

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-Door
wow, the location where you park your wheels must be pretty rough hood
Crack heads will take anything that isn’t bolted down if they can sell it for $1. even my nice office building had several wheels stolen off cars in the parking garage.

1. I don’t live in a rough hood, but I may visit. (Also, no one thinks their hood is bad, just everyone else’s)

2. Crack heads have cars too. They can come to you.
Sponsored