First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
It's your Jeep and you can do what you want to it.

But it's the majority opinion that those cheap Chinese things are hideous and many of us will express this opinion to you repeatedly.

View attachment 262002

giphy (7).gif
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Is that kinda sorta like putting Sahara letters on a dash, to each his own.
Riiight...it’s sorta like the same thing... :LOL:

Feel bad for the OP, though. Only two posts and he picks a land mine. Live and learn I guess....

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
Please, for the love of everything holy, take a moment, breathe, then google the worst mods to place on a jeep. If you are still not convinced, why stop at the "Angry Jeep" look? Why not go all-out with eyelashes too?

upload_2019-12-18_14-25-46.jpeg

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Sorry, they won't be made for the JL.

The 26 people that would buy it won't cover the cost of creating the mold and manufacturing such hideous products.

It is why they are overpriced to begin with, only a handful of people actually like them, so they have to cost a buttload for a company to make any profit from them.

Let's be less angry

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, they won't be made for the JL.

The 26 people that would buy it won't cover the cost of creating the mold and manufacturing such hideous products.

It is why they are overpriced to begin with, only a handful of people actually like them, so they have to cost a buttload for a company to make any profit from them.

Let's be less angry
Probably it also has to do with the fact that most of us spent $50,000 on a JL and aren’t ready to turn it into a Halloween float.

Just wait a few years when prices drop enough for kids to start buying used JLs, and modify the cr+p out of them to impress the girls at school.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all-

Does anyone make the Spartan Grille for the JLUR?

The one on Rugged Ridge is only for the JK.

https://ruggedridge.com/spartan-gri...und-led-driving-lights-07-16-jk-12034-35.html

thanks!
Do what makes you happy. This kinda looks like what you’re going for if you trim a bit and insert mesh.
https://m.alibaba.com/amp/product/62197545824.html

Quadratec has some other options
https://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep_body_frame/grilles/custom

ChelseaTruckCompany recently came out w their JL grille. https://chelseatruckcompany.com/news/post/chelsea-truck-company-jl-front-grille

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Probably it also has to do with the fact that most of us spent $50,000 on a JL and aren’t ready to turn it into a Halloween float.

Just wait a few years when prices drop enough for kids to start buying used JLs, and modify the cr+p out of them to impress the girls at school.
This, I feel that angry grilles are made for people who want to impress a specific group of people that are easily impressed.

It’s almost like a cheap thrill, so I understand the temptation. Because you don’t know what else is “better” out there.

With that said, I ‘almost’ wanted an angry grille at one point, but this forum saved me, bless you all.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dogma15

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Hi all-

I was actually away and just now reading all your posts. Let me start by saying I just got the Rubicon last month and liked the way it looked on an Oscar Mike edition(below).
Honestly considering where I live in the NY area I thought adding a spartan grille was tame compared to some modifications I see with either low profile tires or lit up to look like something from an amusement park ride. I honesty didn't think it would kick up this much fuss but I see now how passionate all of you are on this... you guys had some funny one's I might add.
So for those of you like weeitsmikelee who were actually were supportive, I say thanks. And for everyone else that were...well not supportive, I will be sure to run any future mods by you to see get your opinions.

Happy holidays to all of you.

Rubicon.jpg

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Hi all-

I was actually away and just now reading all your posts. Let me start by saying I just got the Rubicon last month and liked the way it looked on an Oscar Mike edition(below).
Honestly considering where I live in the NY area I thought adding a spartan grille was tame compared to some modifications I see with either low profile tires or lit up to look like something from an amusement park ride. I honesty didn't think it would kick up this much fuss but I see now how passionate all of you are on this... you guys had some funny one's I might add.
So for those of you like weeitsmikelee who were actually were supportive, I say thanks. And for everyone else that were...well not supportive, I will be sure to run any future mods by you to see get your opinions.

Happy holidays to all of you.

Rubicon.jpg
It's your Jeep my friend; do what makes you happy:like: Happy Holidays to you also:champagne: