First Name
Jeramiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0T w/ eTorque
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm wondering what bracket these lights use? My aftermarket bumper is only compatible with the factory LED fog brackets. Therefore, so far I have had to zip tie my lights at an angle into the bumper and it looks tacky to me. (no one else can tell) Do these come with a new bracket? is it the same as the factory LED bracket?
Sponsored

OP
OP
InspiredEngineering

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 2013 JKU on 60's, 1997 TJ on D60s
I'm wondering what bracket these lights use? My aftermarket bumper is only compatible with the factory LED fog brackets. Therefore, so far I have had to zip tie my lights at an angle into the bumper and it looks tacky to me. (no one else can tell) Do these come with a new bracket? is it the same as the factory LED bracket?

We make 3 different style brackets in house to work with all of the factory bumpers. If you r front bumper only works with the factory LED fog lights, you would have to order the Rubicon plastic bumper option and that will bolt right into your bumper without the use of anything else.

JWaghorne

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL SportS
Let me start by saying, overall I am quite disappointed with these lights.

After doing a lot of research on which brand to go with for my lighting needs, I came across Inspired Engineering. At first, I was impressed with their website, the write up about the company and the products they use, and their “Lifetime Warranty” (I’ll talk about that later). Having the SportS I was looking to upgrade both the headlights and fog lights but thought I would try out their fogs first because they do not have ANY real pictures, or more importantly videos, of their headlights (no social media, no YouTube videos, which is strange for a company that cares about their products and sales).

Excited for the upgrade, after opening I noticed right away both brackets were bent and not from shipping as the box was in perfect condition. Figured I’d see if the brackets were bent purposely during the install, so I continued. Test fitting the lights, I knew something wasn’t right. After about 15-20 minutes of fiddling with them, I realized the left side light had the right side bracket and vice versa. In order to get these brackets to fit, they needed to be bent so much that the lights were rubbing against it. The end result is two lights that are even with each other but not centred in the bumper hole, and unable to be tilted up high enough due to the light hitting the bumper.

For the warranty; the only included paperwork in the box tells you to register your lights for it’s “Lifetime” warranty under the warranty tab on the website, which is no where to be found. After reading about the “lifetime” warranty, Inspired Engineering will ONLY repair your item meaning you need to take the time to uninstall, send the item to them, wait for them to get to your defective item, fix it, and finally send it back which for someone in Canada is not the easiest/fastest solution. Also after a certain time period you will be responsible to pay the labour and/or shipping costs for the repair.

Needless to say, I am underwhelmed and disappointed with these fog lights performance and installation and will not be going with their headlights.

OP
OP
InspiredEngineering

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me start by saying, overall I am quite disappointed with these lights.

After doing a lot of research on which brand to go with for my lighting needs, I came across Inspired Engineering. At first, I was impressed with their website, the write up about the company and the products they use, and their “Lifetime Warranty” (I’ll talk about that later). Having the SportS I was looking to upgrade both the headlights and fog lights but thought I would try out their fogs first because they do not have ANY real pictures, or more importantly videos, of their headlights (no social media, no YouTube videos, which is strange for a company that cares about their products and sales).

Excited for the upgrade, after opening I noticed right away both brackets were bent and not from shipping as the box was in perfect condition. Figured I’d see if the brackets were bent purposely during the install, so I continued. Test fitting the lights, I knew something wasn’t right. After about 15-20 minutes of fiddling with them, I realized the left side light had the right side bracket and vice versa. In order to get these brackets to fit, they needed to be bent so much that the lights were rubbing against it. The end result is two lights that are even with each other but not centred in the bumper hole, and unable to be tilted up high enough due to the light hitting the bumper.

For the warranty; the only included paperwork in the box tells you to register your lights for it’s “Lifetime” warranty under the warranty tab on the website, which is no where to be found. After reading about the “lifetime” warranty, Inspired Engineering will ONLY repair your item meaning you need to take the time to uninstall, send the item to them, wait for them to get to your defective item, fix it, and finally send it back which for someone in Canada is not the easiest/fastest solution. Also after a certain time period you will be responsible to pay the labour and/or shipping costs for the repair.

Needless to say, I am underwhelmed and disappointed with these fog lights performance and installation and will not be going with their headlights.
Wow, welcome to the forum...

We actually have plenty of pictures and videos of our headlights, on our website, youtube, and forums, would you like me to post some?

Can you send us some pictures of what was wrong with the brackets? We have sold tons of these and no one has had any issues installing them, mounting them or aiming them. It may be installer error. There is no Left or Right light, just left and right bracket, so that statement stands out to me.

In regards to your statements about our warranty, you're more than welcome to look up Rigid, Baja Designs or any other of our competitors and when you dig deep enough into the legal jargon, you'll see ours is either equal or better than theirs. You are also misconstruing our warranty and picking and choosing which words you want to include in your "review" which seems to be a common trait that i've noticed. We are known to go above and beyond and replace lights for customers even when the light is out of warranty, or damaged that was caused by the end user. You have never had a warranty issue, have you? So are you actually speaking from facts?

Also can you send me a picture of the form that came in your box, we do not require items to be registered as we are able to track everything from some simple info given to us form the customer. I just looked at the packing slip which is the only paper we send with orders (everything else is online to save paper) and there is no mention of product registration on it.

We have also been known to send out replacement brackets to customers free of charge when they change their bumpers as well. We have lots of customers from this forum, and tons from other forums who are happy with our products, both with ease of install and light output.

You have never contacted us, emailed us, or called us, but yet you think it is right to come on the forum with your first post and bash us, with completely unfounded claims. Like I said at the start, we are more than glad to help resolve our issue, but the issue seems not to be us.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JWaghorne

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL SportS
Wow, welcome to the forum...

We actually have plenty of pictures and videos of our headlights, on our website, youtube, and forums, would you like me to post some?

Can you send us some pictures of what was wrong with the brackets? We have sold tons of these and no one has had any issues installing them, mounting them or aiming them. It may be installer error. There is no Left or Right light, just left and right bracket, so that statement stands out to me.

In regards to your statements about our warranty, you're more than welcome to look up Rigid, Baja Designs or any other of our competitors and when you dig deep enough into the legal jargon, you'll see ours is either equal or better than theirs. You are also misconstruing our warranty and picking and choosing which words you want to include in your "review" which seems to be a common trait that i've noticed. We are known to go above and beyond and replace lights for customers even when the light is out of warranty, or damaged that was caused by the end user. You have never had a warranty issue, have you? So are you actually speaking from facts?

Also can you send me a picture of the form that came in your box, we do not require items to be registered as we are able to track everything from some simple info given to us form the customer. I just looked at the packing slip which is the only paper we send with orders (everything else is online to save paper) and there is no mention of product registration on it.

We have also been known to send out replacement brackets to customers free of charge when they change their bumpers as well. We have lots of customers from this forum, and tons from other forums who are happy with our products, both with ease of install and light output.

You have never contacted us, emailed us, or called us, but yet you think it is right to come on the forum with your first post and bash us, with completely unfounded claims. Like I said at the start, we are more than glad to help resolve our issue, but the issue seems not to be us.

Thanks for the reply.

You’re right it is my first post as I wanted to share my experience I had with the lights as I had found similar posts to be useful, I’m not sure why it is such an important talking point enough to be mentioned twice.

Regarding photos, I am talking about the 9” headlights. There are 4 pictures on your website, one of which has the improper connector for the JL. On the forums there is a single picture of them mounted on a car without them on. I brought it up as a reason I did not purchase them. Many other competitors have YouTube videos showing installations, beam patterns, and in-cabin views while driving. Even if you have the superior light, how is the customer supposed to know?

I’d be happy to send you some pictures and my order number. For the sport S there does seem to be a left and right as the “nubs” on the bumper are not centred between the 2 screw holes. I don’t believe there was an installation error but it is possible as there are no JL specific instructions.

I’m not sure why I would need to look up other companies warranties to get more information about yours, just thought I would point it out to others as not everyone dives into the terms and conditions. Non of what I said was a lie. I’m glad that you guys go above and beyond but I’m not sure how a lifetime warranty item can be out of warranty.

I’m glad that you have such confidence in your items and quality control so much so that you’d rather blame the customer and say the problem is not on your end, but I am just sharing my experience I have had thus far with your product.

OP
OP
InspiredEngineering

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply.

You’re right it is my first post as I wanted to share my experience I had with the lights as I had found similar posts to be useful, I’m not sure why it is such an important talking point enough to be mentioned twice.

Regarding photos, I am talking about the 9” headlights. There are 4 pictures on your website, one of which has the improper connector for the JL. On the forums there is a single picture of them mounted on a car without them on. I brought it up as a reason I did not purchase them. Many other competitors have YouTube videos showing installations, beam patterns, and in-cabin views while driving. Even if you have the superior light, how is the customer supposed to know?

I’d be happy to send you some pictures and my order number. For the sport S there does seem to be a left and right as the “nubs” on the bumper are not centred between the 2 screw holes. I don’t believe there was an installation error but it is possible as there are no JL specific instructions.

I’m not sure why I would need to look up other companies warranties to get more information about yours, just thought I would point it out to others as not everyone dives into the terms and conditions. Non of what I said was a lie. I’m glad that you guys go above and beyond but I’m not sure how a lifetime warranty item can be out of warranty.

I’m glad that you have such confidence in your items and quality control so much so that you’d rather blame the customer and say the problem is not on your end, but I am just sharing my experience I have had thus far with your product.

You're welcome, its my pleasure, and like I stated, if your brackets are defective we would be more than glad to get the correct ones sent out. We just need some pictures and better description of whats going on.

The nubs on the bumper are in different spot, making on bracket left side, and one right side, but the lights are the exact same. If you would have called us and had our tech support walk you through it, we could have corrected the issue. Worse case the bracket had to be spun 190 degrees.

Not all of our products have a lifetime warranty, so yes, items could be out of warranty. Also the warranty applies to the original owner, so yes it could be out of warranty if sold (mind you we have honored the warranty regardless on many occasions), the warranty also does not apply to physical damage or lights that have been taken apart, so yes there are a few cases where a lifetime warranty could fall out of warranty.

Were you able to find the form with the mention of the product registration? If people are getting that for some reason, id like to get that taken care of ASAP.

Reviews, honest, both positive and negative are welcomed. but there is a difference with a review and bash. Yours was written like the latter.

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
::::: EDIT UPDATE :::::
After searching some older forums I found that the wiring connector is actually swapped. After pulling the wires out and swapping sides IT WORKS!
::::: EDIT UPDATE :::::

I ordered a pair of Inspired Engineering cube lights over a year ago and installed them, but never wired them up. I really wanted to reuse the existing fog light button and figured I could wire them to the harness that I pulled from the front bumper.

I kept the main harness connected and had the receiving end of it in a drawer for over a year.

Today I went and wired up a new harness to both A-Pillar lights using the 6" adapters that came with the set of lights I bought. After wiring it up I plugged things in and was hoping it was all going to work. Unfortunately even though the light on the dash came on, no light from the cubes.

I checked the voltage at the plugs both with the stock switch engaged and off.

Red: positive lead
Black: ground lead

Based on the readings below it appears the normal relay is working correctly and triggering power.

Off: 0V
On 14.38V

The website shows that the lights should work on a 12V line so I'm trying to figure out what could be going wrong.

I'm so bummed out, I've been looking at these lights disconnected for so long, and finally got around to it and was so proud of the wiring and wrapping.

Any ideas?

Jeep Wrangler JL Inspired Engineering JL Fog light replacement kits harness

Jeep Wrangler JL Inspired Engineering JL Fog light replacement kits Fluke.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.