Sponsored

Factory Mopar Lift Parts and Install Cost?

Pappy11

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara JL
Yes I was Checking to See if Anyone has Had the 2" Mopar lift installed...with Fox Shocks....and what the Ball Park price for the Kit and Install...???
Sponsored

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Typical arm & a leg.
2” Mopar Lift $2195 + Fox steering dampener $225 + Wheel Alignment $110

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Didn’t some of the Mopar Lift kits have issues? I’d wait until those kits are flushed out and off the shelves. I could be wrong but I feel like I read that somewhere on here. Worth a search anyways.

Edit:

It was Spring bow:

FA734EC7-56F0-4438-8C92-73EE15AA5256.jpeg
CE8EB324-60AA-4B7B-A473-137DB019BE3A.jpeg

Edit #2:

Mopar Lift Kit Spring Bow

Last edited:

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Yes I was Checking to See if Anyone has Had the 2" Mopar lift installed...with Fox Shocks....and what the Ball Park price for the Kit and Install...???
LOTS of info on this in multiple threads with numerous opinions both positive and negative. To save you from hours of searching read below what I posted in another thread. Hope it helps.

Here is a write up of my MOPAR kit that I bought on EBAY as well as additional items I have installed from various vendors. I started on 35x12.50r20's but now have 37x13.50r17's. Ride is good for a 37x13.50 AGGRESSIVE mud tire, NO excessive spring BOW and the RK rear spring pads worked really good for better leveling since I am going to be carrying some extra weight in the back. The lift added just a hair over 3" of true lift over stock (not counting tires).

Starting with the MOPAR lift here is a list of components from various sources/vendors along with actual costs (including tax and shipping when applicable). I did my own installation since this is a pretty straight forward "bolt on" project. My plan was to start with the Mopar 2 inch kit and upgrade or add components that I feel "fix" the areas that Mopar didn't get quite right. Of course this is only MY idea of what will work best based on past experience and a LOT of research on the Mopar kit. Besides the crate is really COOL :rock:

• Mopar JLU 3.6L 2" Lift Kit Part #77072395AC "Baseline kit for the project" Comes in a COOL crate! Sourced on EBAY from seller (everydodgepart) Cost $1,099
  • Fox Factory Race Series 2.0 Performance ATS Steering Stabilizer part #983-02-148. Overkill but sourced on EBAY as NEW unused item out of box from individual for a GREAT price. Cost $265
  • Rock Krawler Front Spring Correction Pad Kit Part #RK06705K. Replacement for Mopar Pads that still seem to be poor quality even in the AC kit. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $28.50 with JLWF Discount :clap:
  • Rock Krawler Rear Spring Correction Pad Kit Part #06840 Replacements for Mopar pads. Not sure if they are needed but good insurance IMO. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $16.15 with JLWF Discount :like:
  • Rock Krawler JL Front Adjustable Track Bar Part #RK06187. Replace stock non-adjustable to correctly center axle. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $182.75 with JLWF Discount :)
  • Rock Krawler JL Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket Part #RK06718K. To correct rear geometry for better highway handling and overall performance. Note: I may go with the Rock Krawler rear adjustable Track Bar at a later time "if" I am not happy with the stock bar ride quality. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $84.14 with JLWF Discount :rock:
The total investment for this suspension build was around $1,675 with the upgrade stabilizer. It could be done for $1,410 without. Not bad for starting with the Mopar Kit which gives you Fox Shocks and did I mention a COOL crate :LOL: By adding the few upgrades this ends up being a good affordable lift. Sure there are BETTER lifts available but I seriously doubt a more "complete" kit could be done for the same money.

We have had it out a few times since the install and according to the wife the lift WORKS GREAT! I'm just the spotter/mechanic:)

Thanks to Rock Krawler for helping with my tech questions, the numerous threads here on JLWF, and River City Offroad for the AWESOME JLWF Discount!

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
So just how much lift have folks been getting with the Mopar kit? Say on a JLU Sport with hard top. I have a Rubicon suspension on mine now but may go with the Mopar kit in the future.

2"-3" would be fine but I would not want to go any higher.

Sponsored

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Typical arm & a leg.
2” Mopar Lift $2195 + Fox steering dampener $225 + Wheel Alignment $110
Did you pay msrp for your Jeep too? I got the lift for $1100 and the Mopar fox steering stabilizer for $140. Adjustable track bar $170, rear track bar relocation for I think $85, rock krawler spring perches for $30.

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
So just how much lift have folks been getting with the Mopar kit? Say on a JLU Sport with hard top. I have a Rubicon suspension on mine now but may go with the Mopar kit in the future.

2"-3" would be fine but I would not want to go any higher.
About 3-1/8 to 3-1/4 on my JLUR. Should settle to about 3". No winch yet in photos.
AFTER LIFT:
20190921_172705.jpg
20190921_172605.jpg

BEFORE LIFT:
20190915_090428.jpg
20190915_090355.jpg

Last edited:

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Did you pay msrp for your Jeep too? I got the lift for $1100 and the Mopar fox steering stabilizer for $140. Adjustable track bar $170, rear track bar relocation for I think $85, rock krawler spring perches for $30.
That included install. Did yours?

OP
OP
Pappy11

Pappy11

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara JL
from what I am seeing 2" Lift would be Good for 35" tires....being I am in a Sahara that is the max tire the recommend due to the axles

noregrets605

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Dodge Viper GTS, Honda Pilot
If you do this lift, I would follow @Loki Kai suggestions, he did a great write up, and definitely pay close attention to how much lift you get.

If it’s 3” or over I would purchase some front lower adjustable control arms as well. The fixed arms are only a quarter inch longer than stock and won’t give you enough caster to make it drive sweet.

At 3” of lift height you want your caster at 6 degrees or more, this will make the steering feel more solid and you’ll notice a big difference in reduction of wandering while driving on the highway.
This is just my .02.....;) , but I do have first hand experience, having run Mopar kit plus parts for several months before switching to rk. ....:)
I was always under the impression the LCA was for the rear to correct the geometry and not the front. Did I get that backwards?

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I was always under the impression the LCA was for the rear to correct the geometry and not the front. Did I get that backwards?
Yes...... you can get adjustable rear lowers and uppers to adjust your pinion angle. But in the front you use adjustable uppers or lowers to adjust caster.

If you use one or the other, I like using the lowers to adjust caster because I don’t like the look of the wheel pulled back in the wheel well if you use adjustable uppers and fixed lowers.

But that part is just my own personal preference. You can achieve increase caster either way....:)

zmanz28

First Name
Zman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
If you are dead set on the Mopar kit, check eBay and get the aftermarket spring isolators. I was bound and determined to get the Mopar Kit for my 18 Sahara, but ordered a Rock Krawler 2.5" kit from RiverCity Offroad. I would suggest you give them a call and they will talk to you.

OP
OP
Pappy11

Pappy11

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara JL
Well main Reason I am Looking at The Mopar Kit....the dealership i bought it from gives a Life time Power train warranty as long as I own the jeep,,,if I put another lift kit on it will void it for me...if they install it at the dealer I keep it...

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
When I had my Mopar lift installed by the dealer, I had referenced the 15% off performance parts coupon. It was limited to $200 but that was still a nice discount. You may want to check out the Jeep website and see if your dealer is offering that deal (Jeep.com > owners > Service Coupons). The price of the lift is super inflated from the dealer so anything you can do to get a discount. Labor for me was quoted at around $350.

Like others have mentioned, it is an incomplete lift. You will most likely end up investing more to center axles and increase caster but who knows. I have heard of a few that didn't have to change a thing.

Also, you may want to confirm with the dealer and the whole warranty dealio... if that is dependent on not only having them install it but do they require you buy it from them. Otherwise eBay/Amazon all the way... just make sure you are getting the latest revision (check part#)

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
If you are paying more than $800 you are getting ripped off. There are far better lifts with better warranties for the same price.
Sponsored