Sponsored

How to use cell phone to remotely start '19 Rubi?

JohnAndLisa

First Name
JohnAndLisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubi 2door(his), Cooper Mini(hers), Harley Sportster 1200(his), Yamaha V-Star 250(hers)
Occupation
HiTech dweeb,retired from the rat race long ago ;)
We love our first Jeep, including the remote start. It's been in the teens here in Indy already. Getting into a warmed up car with a warm seat and steering wheel is great!

Trouble is... we need to be in direct sight of the Jeep and not too far for the remote start on the key fob to work.

Isn't there a uconnect / Jeep / Sirius app that will allow this? Then we could use our cell phones from anywhere to remote start the Rubi.

Thanks, John and Lisa
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
There are several different options if you've got an Automatic transmission. I know Jeep offers a factory installed one, and I believe your dealer can install one and set it up for you.

Unfortunately, if you've got a manual transmission, the options are far more limited. I have a manual transmission and I've made several calls to local install places. Those who will do it (because some won't due to liability), looked into several brands and confirmed no firmware support for my Jeep yet (2019 JLUR, 6 speed), and no forthcoming info if they will. I know Viper offers an option, but I was told 1). They're not that good anymore, 2). They're only sold by Best Buy (in my area. And I don't know if I really want to bother dealing with them).

Good luck.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
If you have the 8.4 uconnect you should have access to 1 year of free Sirius Guardian. Download the Uconnect app and set the app up and you will be able to start/stop/lock/unlock/locate your jeep with your phone or even Alexa if you own one

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
If you bring your key fob up to your mouth and touch it to your teeth it will increase the range like crazy. I was hanging out with my brother one night almost 20 years ago and he used that trick to lock his truck way far away. I asked him what he was doing and he said "making sure I locked my truck". I was confused why he was touching the fob to his teeth and gave him a perplexed look. He told me "it doesn't normally work from that far away so I use my teeth to add range like an antenna".

Fricken' mind blown :fist bump: :beer:

I'm always amazed at how many people have never heard of this trick.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnAndLisa

JohnAndLisa

First Name
JohnAndLisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubi 2door(his), Cooper Mini(hers), Harley Sportster 1200(his), Yamaha V-Star 250(hers)
Occupation
There are several different options if you've got an Automatic transmission. I know Jeep offers a factory installed one, and I believe your dealer can install one and set it up for you.

Unfortunately, if you've got a manual transmission, the options are far more limited. I have a manual transmission and I've made several calls to local install places. Those who will do it (because some won't due to liability), looked into several brands and confirmed no firmware support for my Jeep yet (2019 JLUR, 6 speed), and no forthcoming info if they will. I know Viper offers an option, but I was told 1). They're not that good anymore, 2). They're only sold by Best Buy (in my area. And I don't know if I really want to bother dealing with them).

Good luck.
Scott,
Thanks for the reply.
John

OP
OP
JohnAndLisa

JohnAndLisa

First Name
JohnAndLisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you have the 8.4 uconnect you should have access to 1 year of free Sirius Guardian. Download the Uconnect app and set the app up and you will be able to start/stop/lock/unlock/locate your jeep with your phone or even Alexa if you own one
I figured it isn't brain rocket science surgery, I may have never had Sirius Guardian turned on.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Man, I just re-read your original post... you said INCLUDING the remote start. My bad! This is what I get for multi-tasking.

OP
OP
JohnAndLisa

JohnAndLisa

First Name
JohnAndLisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you bring your key fob up to your mouth and touch it to your teeth it will increase the range like crazy. I was hanging out with my brother one night almost 20 years ago and he used that trick to lock his truck way far away. I asked him what he was doing and he said "making sure I locked my truck". I was confused why he was touching the fob to his teeth and gave him a perplexed look. He told me "it doesn't normally work from that far away so I use my teeth to add range like an antenna".

I could also expose and wave my Jeep "Willy" around and get unlimited coverage!

Sponsored

noswttea4u

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR

I've never heard teeth. Always chin.

OP
OP
JohnAndLisa

JohnAndLisa

First Name
JohnAndLisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I got it... the Mopar site had several radio buttons, lights/door/horn/... and start. I did "start" it wanted a PIN. I entered the PIN, and in a minute my Rubi started! Thanks for the help and comments!

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I got 5 years of Sirius guardian and uniconnect free

OP
OP
JohnAndLisa

JohnAndLisa

First Name
JohnAndLisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I got 5 years of Sirius guardian and uniconnect free
That's really cool! How did you do that?

I have little interest in Sirius... we listen mostly to FM radio. Do you have any other Sirius services, or only guardian?

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
That's really cool! How did you do that?

I have little interest in Sirius... we listen mostly to FM radio. Do you have any other Sirius services, or only guardian?
Not sure , My Sirius trial expired but the others Guardian and uniconnect showed good through the end of 2023 that’s 5 years for me. I renewed the basic Sirius for another year for $60.
Sponsored