Guardian Sirius Xm renewal

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Yeah, same here. After listening to Pandora I couldn't go back to Sirius.

Pandora's customer service is non-existent, but that's still better than Sirius's infamous crappy customer service.

And once you get used to the variety of music on Pandora, to the ability to pause, replay, fast forward and search, and to the superior quality of the sound, all for a fraction of the cost, Satellite radio's days are numbered.
Sirius owns Pandora so that may explain the customer service similarities
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Call to get a lower rate, just another reason I will not renew. One of the reason I do not renew SXM. That and it sucks.

I would like to see some real statistics on how many people actually renew.
Well, let’s ask the question:

When’s the last time a company called you personally and said:

“Hey, just letting you know we’ve cut your rate in half, Happy holidays!” ?

It doesn’t happen. Gotta do research, make some calls to get the best deals. They won’t fall into your lap anymore.

Best of luck!

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Still on free trial. My app can't even accurately gauge current fuel status. Spoke with the developer. No help. won't be renewing at any cost.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Well, let’s ask the question:

When’s the last time a company called you personally and said:

“Hey, just letting you know we’ve cut your rate in half, Happy holidays!” ?

It doesn’t happen. Gotta do research, make some calls to get the best deals. They won’t fall into your lap anymore.

Best of luck!
Never but that is not my point.

If they can make money at the lower rate (which they clearly can or they would not so freely offer it) offer that rate. More people may renew if they did not need to go through the hassle. How many people even know about the lower rate available.

This is precisely why I cut the cord from cable TV. I got sick of haggling over the price every couple of years. SXM offers nothing that is worth the time it takes to call them and beg for a better price.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Let’s not get it twisted. All these companies are shady.

If I were to make my decisions based solely on advertising I’d be one broke SOB.

Example, I used to think USAA was the best company in the world for military members and auto insurance until I was screwed twice.

They all talk a good game and have some great advertising but in the end you’ve got to fight. Mobile carriers/cable providers are no different now-a-days as well and depending on where you live homeowners insurance is becoming that way too.

It’s a shame but it is what it is.

Sponsored

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link

Pandora's customer service is non-existent, but that's still better than Sirius's infamous crappy customer service.

And once you get used to the variety of music on Pandora, to the ability to pause, replay, fast forward and search, and to the superior quality of the sound, all for a fraction of the cost, Satellite radio's days are numbered.
I didn't know people still used Pandora. Have you tried Spotify?

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase

I used to have Pandora paid version (still have the free version) and found that its probably great after the first two years of thumbs up on the songs you like once its built its algorithm on you. In terms of pause/rewind this can be accomplished on satellite radio, once finished, if you want to go back to what's live at the moment you tap "Live" on your screen.

In the end you have to go with what you like.

Cheers!

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.

Cost? Lol. I’m cheap and use the free pandora and Spotify. Only “paid” for music I do is amazon though it’s with my prime membership so I’m not paying just for that.

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Many, many, many threads/posts on this.

You must call to a get a much lower rate than you've posted here.

So, to answer your question, yes, most of renew but at much lower rates.

I asked for another 3-4 month free extension and it was granted.

Actually not a lot of posts on this. Most of the posts are on SiirusXM MUSIC.... Guardian is separate.
@Mad Hatter 's post is the first I've seen that reflects and guardian discount.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Actually not a lot of posts on this. Most of the posts are on SiirusXM MUSIC.... Guardian is separate.
@Mad Hatter 's post is the first I've seen that reflects and guardian discount.
You’ll quickly find that’s because Guardian is brought up in those threads along with SiriusXM music as they run concurrently.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
My Lexus came with a similar service and this is the issues I had with it:

My car was stolen from driveway. I called the police report the car stolen and informed them I have a LowJack type of service. They told me a police officer will be out shortly to file the report. I called lexus to initiate the tracking and to provide location for my car. They told me that until an official police report has been filed they can and will do nothing even at the request of the owner. It took the officer over 3 hours until they showed up at my door step to take the report. In that time the thieves went to walmart racked up charges on my credit card did some more shopping at various stores and then stripped everything out of it and in it. (Yes I know my dumb ass fault for leaving my wallet in my car). By the time they called me to recover my car it was close to 7pm. I called it in right around 11am.

In no way shape of form will I ever purchase or spend that kind of money on that type of service again. Sure my vehicle was recovered..however it was 7hrs later giving the thieves more than enough time to strip and get away. My insurance company was fantastic and they reimbursed me for everything that was stolen. I would much rather spend money on a good insurance plan that will reimburse me for something like that.
Wow CW, that was a good story and educational. I was poster #2 saying it’s worth it because of the “Lo Jack” feature but after reading your post I now question the worth of the service.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
A few weeks after I bought the Wrangler someone smashed the rear glass, no alarm or alert, I tried the send and go, which is sorta useful but it doesn't work, I use Waze most of the time and rarely ever the onboard Nav, I'll use the Nav for very long trips, but just as a basic guide so I don't have to run Waze on the phone for the whole trip.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I won’t renew Guardian, basically worthless to me as the key fab’s distance is pretty impressive (I think). I enjoy SiriusXM but when they are offering me $2.75 / month to renew on my ‘09 Volvo and want $8.25 / month for my Jeep it turns me off. I do intend to call them & ask for the older vehicle’s deal on the Jeep and will be perfectly content with my Apple Music if they tell me “no”.
Sponsored