Sponsored

Looking for (xcountry)ski solutions

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
We're a family of four and sometimes we (cross country) ski together, but more often than not though I go solo. I'm fairly certain that my skis will fit inside with the back seats down, but there's no way I can fit four skis inside with two kids in the back.

Is there a roof rack type solution that will work for occasional use, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Either a SMALL tulle rooftop cargo carrier or a ski/snowboard carrier? I don't want to spend more than a couple hundred dollars if I can avoid it, and I'd like for it to be easily (and quickly) removable as well as not being a storage nightmare (as I fear with the tulle cargo carrier). To hold 1-2, or up to 4 skis.

Actually, if anyone here has a set of 197's, a test fit picture would be awesome and highly appreciated. (I'm still anxiously playing the "hurry up and wait" game for my Jeep to arrive.)
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
If you're only concerned with skis, why not gutter mounted crossbars and ski holders?
We need the crossbars for my kayak(s) anyway, but the ski holders can be quite pricey. I'm looking for a cheaper solution since I would only use them a handful of times a year, at most. We also have the truck, so when we go as a family that's an option (but I want to take the Jeep). When it's just me (or even me and my husband) they would just go right inside with the back seats folded down.
Sponsored