Sponsored

Where's the love for the 2dr JL

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I've had my 2020 JLR for 3 weeks now, love it. It's a 2 door 6spd, making it the least popular combination. It's going to be un-sellable. ;) Which is fine by me, I'll just have to hang on to it. :rock:

Shown here in what I call "Bronco mode"
2019-11-24 11.17.32.jpg
The internet has made searching for inventory easy. You only need one buyer. The least popular combination might fetch the best price resale wise if the right buyer has to have it. Because there will be much less to choose from. Enjoy the ride!
Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I could see the 2dr models only being offered in Rubicon trim at some point..assuming that trim generates more profit than the others, it might make the smaller sales numbers math out, and they can keep the iconic style in production. One might assume there would be fewer configurations available though (perhaps only one engine/transmission... We all see the writing on the wall for manuals).

I'd imagine there are more potential 2dr buyers that would pay the premium for a Rubicon than not and go for something that's not a Jeep. Rubicons are too rich for my blood, so I'd likely end up with a 4dr. Even though the 4dr isn't my first choice, it's still better than 90% of the soulless blah sold these days. I briefly considered it before buying my 2dr because it's like "more practical" or whatever, but I easily talked myself out of doing the practical thing.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My 2015 JK 2 door Sport trade in was snapped up before it hit the dealer lot, manual transmission, 3:73 option.
2 door Sports sell very well in Upstate NY, the value for the $ is excellent.

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
The love for the 2dr JL is right here in my heart....lol.....everytime I look at mine:LOL:
Seriously though all Jeeps are cool its just that the 2drs are special

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Tanner, I disagree with the position expressed in your statement. A wide stance 4-door is not a Jeep (commonly accepted definition), it is an SUV. By todays nanny standards it may fit, but to me it is just another factor in the evolution of this enjoyable hobby. A wider stance came along somewhere in the mid 80s due to a bunch of reckless yayhoos that did not respect the vehicle they were in control of. Their poor behaviour became a legal liability to AMC so management tasked their engineers to accommodate government pressure concerning safety standards.

I will admit there were more pucker factor events with the old axles in the narrow track variation. Your point concerning stability is well taken and truly is a concern with the current marketing audience. The current audience is more risk aversive and lean towards a comfy ride during their off-road exploits, differing from the audience of just 30 years ago. Go back 50 years and Jeepers were mostly self sufficient in nature and possessed a pioneering spirit.

I do agree it is a sad time for fans of the traditional Jeep. And, I also accept the rights of others to do as they please with their enjoyment of the hobby, within legal limits.
wow, really? Maybe on the road the wide stance was a safety issue and why they changed it but serious off roaders have been going wider on there own because its just plain better off road.

I get the nostalgia of the older stuff, plain, simple, lightweight, fun, but even this old stuff has been upgraded beyond belief, a good many anyway.

I'll take a comfy ride over a non-comfy ride thankyou. I'll also take lockers, AC, Sat radio, amazing off road suspension with incredible articulation, auto sway bar disco's, 100 more hp over my TJ, 8 speed auto, great mpg, on and on.

Never has there been a better time to own a jeep.

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
The love for the 2dr JL is right here in my heart....lol.....everytime I look at mine:LOL:
Seriously though all Jeeps are cool its just that the 2drs are special
If the picture of your avatar is your jeep it looks fantastic. I will be ordering the same combo (Sport S, Billet Silver, Premium Black soft top and Granite Crystal Wheels) towards the end of February - wasn't sure about the granite wheels (and wasn't overly enamored with the stock silver) but finally saw them on a billet silver JLU at a dealer. They compliment the billet silver perfectly.

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
If the picture of your avatar is your jeep it looks fantastic. I will be ordering the same combo (Sport S, Billet Silver, Premium Black soft top and Granite Crystal Wheels) towards the end of February - wasn't sure about the granite wheels (and wasn't overly enamored with the stock silver) but finally saw them on a billet silver JLU at a dealer. They compliment the billet silver perfectly.
Thanks!, I like the combo too and bought the granite wheels off of ebay before I even found the silver JL sport I wanted
IMG_20181217_162717978 (1).jpg

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
also, I put in a red Rubicon dash in recently and it looks awesome amongst all the black and silver and gray....only color on the whole Jeep..lol
image.jpg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Here's a few moldy pics from our old 2 drs~74 CJ5 (frame off resto) w/ a 401 from a Jeep Cherokee, front discs, t18 granny low 4spd, shackle reversion. 80 CJ7 w/ whimpy Iron duke 4cyl, but the lighter weight made sand cruising pretty easy w/ the paddle tires. And our current JL Sport V6 Auto, first Auto 4x4 I've ever owned, but that 8spd is a great AT!

IMG_0306.JPG
IMG_0309.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG
IMG_0312.JPG
IMG_0310.JPG
IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0253.JPG

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Thanks!, I like the combo too and bought the granite wheels off of ebay before I even found the silver JL sport I wanted
IMG_20181217_162717978 (1).jpg
Thanks for the close up side photo - comptroller (wife) now agrees Granite Wheels are worth the extra $$.

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I've been buying two door short wheel base Jeeps since 1974. I'll continue to do so.
Same ... Except 1983 for me

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I could see the 2dr models only being offered in Rubicon trim at some point..assuming that trim generates more profit than the others, it might make the smaller sales numbers math out, and they can keep the iconic style in production.
Interesting take. I wanted a 2-door Sahara, which isn't offered for the JL. I ended up with a Rubicon instead.

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
No Diesel for the 2dr. I have a bad feeling the days of the 2dr Wangler may be coming to an end. When I bought my JL, I wanted a 2dr soft top manual transmission. My dealer had to get my JL from an out of state dealer. I haven't seen a 2dr on their lot for months and this is a large dealership. It's going to be a sad day when 2dr and manual transmission Wranglers go the way of the Dinosaurs.
I had a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hardrock 6-speed manual transmission 2-door. Had 99,285 miles on it in 37 months. Found out she would hit 105mph and hold rock steady. Never had an issue or problem. Hyper green in color. Every option but remote start. Special order. Came in in 4 weeks. Traded for a 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro in army green. Miss my Jeep. Going to kill any anal retention, looking to trade back to a 2-door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Knees are bothering me now. So it will have to be an automatic though. Have had a lot of manuals but, going auto this time around.
Sponsored