• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
This former Hardcore Ford guy who recently had 2 Mustangs, an Ecoboost Explorer Sport and F350 Super Duty in the Garage at the same time got sick of Ford playing games with the Bronco Release and went and drove a JLUR and was sold.

My 2 cents on Ford. The Mustang and Super Duty are quality built. The SUVs are lacking in build quality and reliability. Those Ecoboost engines are overrated. My JLUR 3.6 Auto with the 37s would walk away from that slow boost building 3.5 Ecoboost Explorer slug all day.

I hear people complain about Wrangler ride and I don’t get it. My Rubicon with Mopar Lift and 37 K02s rides Great. Much better than my 15 F350 did and on par with that Explorer that’s now gone as well...for comparison wife has a 2020 GLE Mercedes SUV now and she goes to grab the Rubicon keys as often as the Benz keys!

Garage is Ford Free these days and probably staying that way, although the new Shelby GT 500 would be nice if I hit that Powerball....
Sponsored

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I'm with you on that. I have owned 5 mustangs, and love Ford, but their QC lately leaves a lot to be desired. I know that the JL has it's issues, but it is spotty issues, that don't manifest across the whole line. And as you said, their SUV's are definitely behind the 8 ball compared to Dodge and Chevy.

I've had the following.
1965 Mustang (289.. though, we had a 351 Cleveland swapped in)
1998 SVT Cobra
2004 SVT Cobra Terminator
2014 GT500
and a 2016 GT/PP

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This former Hardcore Ford guy who recently had 2 Mustangs, an Ecoboost Explorer Sport and F350 Super Duty in the Garage at the same time got sick of Ford playing games with the Bronco Release and went and drove a JLUR and was sold.

My 2 cents on Ford. The Mustang and Super Duty are quality built. The SUVs are lacking in build quality and reliability. Those Ecoboost engines are overrated. My JLUR 3.6 Auto with the 37s would walk away from that slow boost building 3.5 Ecoboost Explorer slug all day.

I hear people complain about Wrangler ride and I don’t get it. My Rubicon with Mopar Lift and 37 K02s rides Great. Much better than my 15 F350 did and on par with that Explorer that’s now gone as well...for comparison wife has a 2020 GLE Mercedes SUV now and she goes to grab the Rubicon keys as often as the Benz keys!

Garage is Ford Free these days and probably staying that way, although the new Shelby GT 500 would be nice if I hit that Powerball....
While I'm not Ford Free, I too got tired of the wait. Our 13 Explorer Limited AWD may be my last Ford though. It had so many issues early on that I wanted to dump it, but my wife likes it and Ford sorted it out and has been reliable the 2nd half of 6 years and 120K miles. My 01 F250 7.3 has been the best vehicle I've ever owned and it's not going anywhere (bought it new 18 years ago and its in great shape). Also have a 07 Edge (sons car) 01 Zx2 (daughters) and an 84 Bronco II (my old off roader basket case... its had a hard life).

But like you, the Bronco just kept getting delayed and delayed. I tested a 19 JLUR and took it home. Very happy with it.

If a Bronco ever comes out, maybe we'll consider it for the Explorer replacement when my wife is ready, but she doesn't rack up the miles like I do.

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Had a 03 F-350 with the 7.3 Powerstroke...Loved it. The Salt up here in the Northeast took its toll or I would still have that Beast in my Garage. Nothing sounds like a 7.3..!!!

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque

Is that sarcasm? The 3.6 and 37’s being faster then a sport or platinum explorer?

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Had a 03 F-350 with the 7.3 Powerstroke...Loved it. The Salt up here in the Northeast took its toll or I would still have that Beast in my Garage. Nothing sounds like a 7.3..!!!
Mine is a Georgia truck and holding together. I've always joked that when I was ready to sell, I'd go to the midwest and double my price!
20191213_105719.jpg

Even my basket case 36yo Bronco II still looks good.
I don't miss the rotted out cars we had when I was a kid in Wisconsin!
20191128_101954.jpg

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
20191128_101954.jpg
Indeed the midwest in salty road areas is hell on the older car hobby - can't wait to get out. Although my old 1972 Land Rover has aluminum body and so doesn't rust.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I recall when my dad sold his Toyota 70 series for a bronco. ManI think I must have been like 5 or so? my dad hated that truck more than anything. Ended up trading it for an XJ, which lasted forever and was my first car.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Biggest "difference " between Broncos and Jeep Wrangler : Ford is attempting to revive a vehicle that went extinct due to poor sales, reliability, and styling changes. Nostalgia for what never was can be the Foundation for daydreaming, but sales ?
Jeep Wranglers have their historical icon from WW2, their popularity has persisted to the present, for reasons that this Forum is based on. A solid 80 year ( almost) History of this magnitude is not going to be toppled, or even nibbled at by the Vapor Ware "Bronco".
The 1,233 posts are testament to that "now", even factoring in the petulant Trolls opinions.
This "rivalry " can only improve the Wrangler through competition, so bring it on...

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Biggest "difference " between Broncos and Jeep Wrangler : Ford is attempting to revive a vehicle that went extinct due to poor sales, reliability, and styling changes. Nostalgia for what never was can be the Foundation for daydreaming, but sales ?
Jeep Wranglers have their historical icon from WW2, their popularity has persisted to the present, for reasons that this Forum is based on. A solid 80 year ( almost) History of this magnitude is not going to be toppled, or even nibbled at by the Vapor Ware "Bronco".
The 1,233 posts are testament to that "now", even factoring in the petulant Trolls opinions.
This "rivalry " can only improve the Wrangler through competition, so bring it on...
A Wrangler is like a Rolex. It is a "timeless" design, it is what I love the most out of it. Compare a cherokee from 5 years ago with the new cherokee and they look completely different, the "old" cherokee looks cheap already. Fashion is cheap. The differences between JL and JK in terms of exterior design are very small, and only the trained eye (us) can tell the difference. You buy a JL now, it is going to look "new" for over a decade. In fact, the JK was out for about a decade or so if I am not mistaken.

Not all car manufacturers can achieve that. I love that on everything, houses, watches, cars, etc... there is nothing like timeless designs they just scream harmony. Tesla seems to be trying something similar, at least on the model S and their new Model 3. BMW pulls that as well, that's why a lot of people consider BMW's so classy and good looking cars.

The bronco was a very ugly truck in my opinion. I know it is a matter of taste, but the Wrangler is very appealing to the eye, it has always been, specially the 2 door, for women, men, and even children. I've had so many kids look at my Jeep on the street and stare at it and smile, or tell their dad "dad look at that Jeep!". And my Jeep is a mundane stock Sport S. And I know some of you hate when women say "it is cute", but jeeps ARE cute. There truly is something to the design of the Wrangler that nobody will ever be able to match, just like a rolex.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
20191128_101954.jpg
Sweet rig. I've been itching to get my hands on one. I had an '84 Ranger, 4" James Duff lift, swapped in a 5.0 roller block V8 from a Fox body, tons of blood sweat and tears invested in that guy.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
A Wrangler is like a Rolex. It is a "timeless" design, it is what I love the most out of it. Compare a cherokee from 5 years ago with the new cherokee and they look completely different, the "old" cherokee looks cheap already. Fashion is cheap. The differences between JL and JK in terms of exterior design are very small, and only the trained eye (us) can tell the difference. You buy a JL now, it is going to look "new" for over a decade. In fact, the JK was out for about a decade or so if I am not mistaken.

Not all car manufacturers can achieve that. I love that on everything, houses, watches, cars, etc... there is nothing like timeless designs they just scream harmony. Tesla seems to be trying something similar, at least on the model S and their new Model 3. BMW pulls that as well, that's why a lot of people consider BMW's so classy and good looking cars.

This is the design philosophy that I explain to everyone. It is also why Land Rovers were so popular. Limited design changes. Now you look at them, and I just see a rounded fancier for Explorer.

JDaPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Over 100,000 views, 1221 posts based on speculation, wishful thinking... PT Barnum must be enjoying this, along with Ford ! Great marketing tool for them.
Yeah it almost feels like talking about bigfoot and the loch ness monster.

Reactions: apb
Status
Not open for further replies.