Where's the love for the 2dr JL

IceInfusion

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I've got one .I had to factory order mine, there were none [ sting gray color /hard top ] available around Toronto area earlier this year . I do not think they will disappear anytime soon but the fact is that most of the millennia young adults today don't know how to drive manual either . They have no idea what they are missing. Its almost as good as doing it the right way without "protection" .
I saw on the news last week that 3 guys tried car jacking someone in Toronto. They failed though because the car was manual and none of them knew how to drive it LOL

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Wishing for a two-door Gladiator !!
I would love to add a 2 door diesel to my collection...as long as the steering is fixed lol.

Old video but looks great:

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
At about 4:48 in this video the Jeep engineer says 2 door is only 10% of the volume (meaning sales volume) as a reason for no diesel...

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Wow that’s a lot lower than I thought :(
Yes, it is a sad time for the fans of the traditional jeep. To be fair though, the jeep probably should always have been four-door with a wider stance to enhance stability. Hindsight is 20/20 though of course.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I probably wouldn't have ordered a new JL had there not been a 2-door option. As a kid my favorite toy truck was a turquoise Jeep (similar color to Bikini) and I even learned to drive on an old Willys 4x4 pickup...Now, fast forward more than a few years and I find myself anxiously awaiting shipment of a real version of that toy Jeep...a Bikini JLR!

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
My dealership was skeptical, to say the least, when I factory ordered my 2 door Punk'n Orange Rubicon, with a manual trans, and all the options. They thought that if I changed my mind, they'd never be able to sell it. Then when it finally showed up, they told me that they had people coming up to check it out all day long :rock:

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392

Sponsored

mysto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2 door JL Rubicon
I'm so in love with the two doors. So cute!

It's pretty rare tht I even like the way a 4 door looks, pretty much has to be lifted and have the top removed.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Want your answer? Take a gander at the pick-up truck market. When I was a teen, 4 door trucks were always some utility comapny or the state DOT - maybe, rare as a honest politician! Now, every truck is 4 doors ( well just about).

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I saw on the news last week that 3 guys tried car jacking someone in Toronto. They failed though because the car was manual and none of them knew how to drive it LOL
I watched 3 kids crash a manual car in 10 feet. They were trying to steal it but they did not know how to drive a manual.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
No Diesel for the 2dr. I have a bad feeling the days of the 2dr Wangler may be coming to an end. When I bought my JL, I wanted a 2dr soft top manual transmission. My dealer had to get my JL from an out of state dealer. I haven't seen a 2dr on their lot for months and this is a large dealership. It's going to be a sad day when 2dr and manual transmission Wranglers go the way of the Dinosaurs.
The 2-door is definitely getting short changed. No diesel, Sahara trim, Select Trac, Moab, etc.

Non Partisan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it is a sad time for the fans of the traditional jeep. To be fair though, the jeep probably should always have been four-door with a wider stance to enhance stability. Hindsight is 20/20 though of course.
Tanner, I disagree with the position expressed in your statement. A wide stance 4-door is not a Jeep (commonly accepted definition), it is an SUV. By todays nanny standards it may fit, but to me it is just another factor in the evolution of this enjoyable hobby. A wider stance came along somewhere in the mid 80s due to a bunch of reckless yayhoos that did not respect the vehicle they were in control of. Their poor behaviour became a legal liability to AMC so management tasked their engineers to accommodate government pressure concerning safety standards.

I will admit there were more pucker factor events with the old axles in the narrow track variation. Your point concerning stability is well taken and truly is a concern with the current marketing audience. The current audience is more risk aversive and lean towards a comfy ride during their off-road exploits, differing from the audience of just 30 years ago. Go back 50 years and Jeepers were mostly self sufficient in nature and possessed a pioneering spirit.

I do agree it is a sad time for fans of the traditional Jeep. And, I also accept the rights of others to do as they please with their enjoyment of the hobby, within legal limits.
Sponsored