Sponsored

Do I need to do any fandangling if I get a hardtop after buying soft?

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
none of them are attached to the soft top installed jeep. I priced out the brackets and bolts, its 270.00 for all 4 brackets and a set of bolts. the drivers side front bracket is currently on back order.
did you check with your dealer? I ordered some brackets and bolts for the rear roll bar (soft top hardware). My dealer didnt have them in stock, but got them from another dealer. They also ended up being cheaper than I thought I had priced them online. YMMV
Sponsored

jessedoesitall

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Stuff
Vehicle Showcase
did you check with your dealer? I ordered some brackets and bolts for the rear roll bar (soft top hardware). My dealer didnt have them in stock, but got them from another dealer. They also ended up being cheaper than I thought I had priced them online. YMMV
That was the quoted price from a dealer in here in Portland, OR.

jessedoesitall

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stuff
Vehicle Showcase
If you're buying the hard top from someone, wouldn't just ask for their brackets?
I bought it from a guy who tried installing it on his JK. I got a great deal, but its missing a few pieces, lol.

Sponsored

jessedoesitall

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stuff
Vehicle Showcase
The JK guy sounds like a goober, LOL
have you tried pricing them yourself online?
I have, I havent found anywhere that sells them online. The dealer so far is the only one who can order them.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
none of them are attached to the soft top installed jeep. I priced out the brackets and bolts, its 270.00 for all 4 brackets and a set of bolts. the drivers side front bracket is currently on back order.
That’s a ridiculous price.

SubZero_JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
So I recently ordered the hardtop from my dealer but it has not yet come in. but from what I was told it has the complete kit and comes with all the hardware for the install.

Sponsored

wvjlu18

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Mojito Green
Following. Gotta check this when I get home. Doing the same thing tomorrow lol

IvanDiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some pictures of the brackets in question. I know the rear 2 are not on soft top equipped Jeeps, but the front I’m not sure of.

328B037E-65A9-44DA-8755-C8994CFD31E0.jpeg

6EE5431E-531B-4127-8B97-68073F5D8A84.jpeg
Can anyone provide details/pics on how to install those brackets on the overhead console as well as mid soundbar?
I've found a thread that removes the soundbar to replace speakers but can't find any info on installing the front brackets.

Last edited:

IvanDiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone looking for instructions on installing these I received this link from "JesseDoesItAll". THANK YOU....THANK YOU!!

jessedoesitall, Yesterday at 2:19 PM
Hello Ivan,

I actually installed mine myself by looking over the schematics. Installing the rear bracket is fairly easy, you just pull the brackets off around the light. The front is a little more involved since you have to install the screws from the bottom instead of straight ahead like the rear. It helps to remove the covers. I found an article that might help.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ardtop-and-rear-wiper-to-a-soft-top-jl.26433/
Sponsored