Start of 3.0 Production

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
37s will almost certainly be fine with 3.73. The 3.0 is putting more wheel torque through 3.73 than the 3.6 or 2.0 running 4.10. I plan to run a ton of long distance and wheeling miles on 37s so weā€™ll see if the low speed stuff warrants a regear, but I highly doubt it will. As a matter of fact, Iā€™d rather chip-tune the engine north of 500lb-ft (which will be available in short order and still meet EPA regs) than re-gear...best of both worlds.
I tend to agree with this...I think IMHO, I think 4.10s with 37's will be too tall.

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
That stance looks really good to me. 37? What lift?
This had a 3.5 inch Rock Krawler. Iā€™ll be buying RK again and asked Them about the new spring rates For diesels. They said lifts for diesels will be out in the second quarter of 2020.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Interesting,

My order was placed 10/12, 8 1/2 weeks ago and Iā€™m still in D status. I doubt you are going to make your 8-10 week delivery prediction.
So I just called my dealer and was told Iā€™m still in D1 and the new ship date is 12/17 (a week from today). As of yesterday, it was 12/16 (which was a week from yesterday). So it looks like they are projecting a 1 week build time and are simply pushing it daily until approval is given. Once the green light is given, it shouldnā€™t be long for those of us who ordered early.

Ordered 10/7 vin 94866
Frostbit & JLDIESEL,

Please send me your VON or VINS, I would like to look into your orders.

Lamar
JeepCares

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
So I just called my dealer and was told Iā€™m still in D1 and the new ship date is 12/17 (a week from today). As of yesterday, it was 12/16 (which was a week from yesterday). So it looks like they are projecting a 1 week build time and are simply pushing it daily until approval is given. Once the green light is given, it shouldnā€™t be long for those of us who ordered early.

Ordered 10/7 vin 94866

I just got this today;

Greg, I have reviewed the status of your new Jeep Wrangler and the status as of 12/11/2019 is the following:

Scheduled ā€“ All of the materials needed to start the manufacturing build process have been received and the vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

Our resources indicate your vehicle is estimated to begin production the week of 12/16/2019.

Maybe we will see our dieselā€™s soon.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
This had a 3.5 inch Rock Krawler. Iā€™ll be buying RK again and asked Them about the new spring rates For diesels. They said lifts for diesels will be out in the second quarter of 2020.
Thanks! I've been looking at RK and debating the 2.5 or 3.5. This pushes me in the 3.5 direction.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just got this today;

Greg, I have reviewed the status of your new Jeep Wrangler and the status as of 12/11/2019 is the following:

Scheduled ā€“ All of the materials needed to start the manufacturing build process have been received and the vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

Our resources indicate your vehicle is estimated to begin production the week of 12/16/2019.

Maybe we will see our dieselā€™s soon.

Minus the estimated production start time I have gotten that same generic response Since 14 OCT. :headbang: Hell the last chat I had with them they even gave me a case number to send to a higher department. Still nothing.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I see others that are in D1 status that purchased after me and I am still in the D status.

Me too, I donā€™t feel to bad since Iā€™m seeing a couple people before me that are still in the same status. Seems to be no pattern as to who is moving forward and who isnā€™t. Thought maybe the build priority would be an indication but itā€™s not :facepalm:

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Me too, I donā€™t feel to bad since Iā€™m seeing a couple people before me that are still in the same status. Seems to be no pattern as to who is moving forward and who isnā€™t. Thought maybe the build priority would be an indication but itā€™s not :facepalm:
Iā€™m still not convinced anyone has moved ā€œforwardā€...down the line. We have hearsay from a supposed social media message from a line employee who said some interesting vehicles went down the line and one person who was told they went to paint. We had a dealer connect report on a vehicle a couple weeks ago that had been to paint, KZ, shipped and back to d status. The majority (Including the earliest orders) seem to be D1 with a supposed build week of next week which still seems to be a moving target. Iā€™ll take more stock in some of this when we have a pile of orders progressing beyond D1 and maybe some hard evidence that itā€™s not the useless tracking system spewing more misinformation.

EchoTango

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just wanted to share an update from my dealer. Salesman called me today stating the vehicle was in final inspection. I asked for a screen snip and he sent the picture from his computer screen. That being stated, Iā€™m still wary of the status.

761A012C-A499-4B00-8603-29175656A453.jpeg

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XXXXXX 2020 JL Rubicon 3.6
I shared this post with my salesman today.

He tells me they have several diesels on the train and heading to them. He tells me he can track the locations (they are currently in OR) encounters to his dealership (Everest, WA). If correct, they must have received their EPA release.

I want this to be true, however it certainly conflicts with everyone is reporting.

BTW: Iā€™m D status, ordered 12/4/19

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Just wanted to share an update from my dealer. Salesman called me today stating the vehicle was in final inspection. I asked for a screen snip and he sent the picture from his computer screen. That being stated, Iā€™m still wary of the status.

761A012C-A499-4B00-8603-29175656A453.jpeg
Did he send you the whole screen shot that showed it was your build? Showing your VIN and VON. Are you able to get a window sticker. From what I understand you should have gotten an email from FCA that they started your build. Did you get that? Also, you should get another email to you stating it has shipped.
Sponsored