Sponsored

Best all around rock sliders that can do it all?

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Can someone tell me if there is a difference between a rock RAIL and a rock SLIDER? I don't want a big ugly step, but I need a step to get to my roof (kayak), and this whole thread is making me second guess my decision (Mopar rock rails part number 82215126). I don't think the rails I ordered have a step at all... (But the performance ones do. I think??)
Sponsored

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
Can someone tell me if there is a difference between a rock RAIL and a rock SLIDER? I don't want a big ugly step, but I need a step to get to my roof (kayak), and this whole thread is making me second guess my decision (Mopar rock rails part number 82215126). I don't think the rails I ordered have a step at all... (But the performance ones do. I think??)
IMO...the difference is in terminology only. You can have rock rails with or without a pad to step on. Some guys are happy with stepping on the tube...while others prefer a flat surface. I am a flat surface kinda guy.....so I purchased the Rock Hard 4x4 Patriot slider / step. They (RH4x4) offer 3 examples of similar rock sliders. Tube up, tube down, and tube middle with a step pad and logo on top. All t hree of their versions mount the same locations and are just as sturdy one to the next. (look at their website to compare versions).

To me rock rails and rock sliders vary only by whom is selling said products. But I do not want my rock sliders to have protrusions handling below to get caught on when going over a rock and needing the "slider" attributes. To me that would defeat the purpose. I suppose if you operate snow and mud it's not as important.....but with rock you want a way to slip over the obstruction. My 2 cents.

Of course then there are different widths.....and the benefits that provides.......

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Have you looked at the LODs?

very similar.

I am likely going to buy the LODs. Is there a feature of the Roams that you like that I should consider?

Taking a close look at both LOD and ROAM, I like the style, size (wider step) and fit of the ROAM better. They look more like an OEM design with the way they hug the body and flow into the factory fenders. Frame mounted version look plenty stout as well.

Another one I like is the JCR Crusader...Just not sure if I like the idea of drilling so many holes in a shiny new JL body!

I am still looking, but ROAM has the edge so far...Also, those of us with 2-door JL's have a more limited selection :(
Sponsored