Not open for further replies.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Wow, 81 pages and growing all the time! It's not quite the "who shot J R" level of excitement but close. You younger members can google that. Now, I'm biased, I haven't had good experiences with any Ford I've ever had (2 T-birds, 1 Mustang and Cli - Taurus) but I drove plenty of Ford trucks back in the day on the farm and they were good vehicles. I think that the true hard core Jeep crowd that has more money invested in their rigs for off roading than I have in my 401K ( I blame the wife ok - long story) will not be swayed to get a Bronco. However, most Jeep buyers are not that hard core and simply want a tough vehicle with unique abilities and its a huge break from the mass of identicle SUV's that have taken over the roads. I bought one for my daughter and now her sister wants one and if I ever get my house paid off - I'm getting one, why? Cause they be fun to drive! Would I ever consider a Bronco? I would go look at it for sure, but I don't think I would ever get one.
Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Will it be as good as wrangler off road? Not a chance in hell. Except for some specific use cases where IFS is better than a solid axle.
The reality is that for most people, even most Wrangler owners, it will be good enough to go anywhere you will want to go. Plus, it will a hell of a lot more comfortable on the road, which is where most folks spend 90% of their time.
I personally could not care less about removable doors or fordable front windows. I will never even remove the full hard top. I personally wish Jeep would make a steel fixed roof that I can pop a roof tent on.
The ford then clearly meets my needs more than a wrangler.
I still wont buy though.
A car needs to give you the fizz. It's got to have some soul.
yes and that soul is all the things you say you could care less about. lol For many maybe even most, it's not what you do with a vehicle it's what is can do.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
The people who are buying the Wrangler but are more concerned with the ride and amenities were only interested in the Wrangler because it looks "cool." Jeep may lose some of those sales initially. But the shiny will wear off of the Bronco before too long. These people are the ones that want a Wrangler because they see other people who are running 40s or whatever on Instagram and YouTube. The Bronco will have a few of these builds initially for Sema, and such. But only for the first few years, because IFS will not be built up by the enthusiasts due to cost and complexity. Which will mean that the Bronco will just be another in a long line of wannabes. FJ Cruiser, Xterra, H3....
yup said the same thing as well. Unless it's a magic IFS it will be a flash in the pan. A real shame.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
BuckedOff-Road over on the Bronco forums just posted this render based on the Bronco R.

If it looks like this it’s gonna give the Wrangler hell for sure.
EA2416C2-1B1D-4CF3-AEAD-9C4788296486.jpeg

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
BuckedOff-Road over on the Bronco forums just posted this render based on the Bronco R.

Renderings mean nothing. They are an "artists" idea....nothing more and there's zero guarantee they end up being the production model.

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Renderings mean nothing. They are an "artists" idea....nothing more and there's zero guarantee they end up being the production model.
This one is just taking the Bronco R features and applying them to a more production-friendly design. It’s still probably not right but definitely closer than any previous render IMO.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic

The 2 dr should have a shorter wheelbase. The Bronco-R was using stretched 2dr body dimensions. But I do like the render. It should be fairly accurate, and 20 times better than most of the other versions that people have put out.

Reactions: apb

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Though it would not be a deal-breaker, she was disappointed in the lack of power seats in a $55,000 (CAD) vehicle.
In a multi driver vehicle I can see the point of power seats - at least if combined with a memory feature - but in case of one driver only...nah. You adjust the driver seat to your like once, and from then on, you drive around with the no longer needed weight of all those electrical motors.

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
The 2 dr should have a shorter wheelbase. The Bronco-R was using stretched 2dr body dimensions. But I do like the render. It should be fairly accurate, and 20 times better than most of the other versions that people have put out.
I think in terms of dimensions, the Road & Track rendering from back when it was just the outline under the drop cloth looks to probably be more accurate. If it looks like either of those renderings though I think they will have gotten it right in terms of aesthetics.

upload_2019-12-12_15-53-32.png

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
I'd love anything that looks close to that if I can figure out how to get rid of this piece of dog crap JL.

Sponsored

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
So, Ford made a less capable wrangler. Nicely done. I was expecting it to me a little more original looking. If I squint, it looks like a new version of the old 2 door wrangler unlimited.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Just saying, that there is nothing about it that makes me go.. Wow! Ford really innovated something.

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Over 100,000 views, 1221 posts based on speculation, wishful thinking... PT Barnum must be enjoying this, along with Ford ! Great marketing tool for them.
My interest is based on how much I love the 66-77 Bronco, truly an iconic vehicle and a favorite of mine. That being said, I am beyond happy with my JL and do not regret my choice for one second. Now if someone were to give me a resto mod Gateway Bronco https://www.gatewaybronco.com , well then that might be another discussion.

I won't be getting the new Bronco but I do hope it does well, healthy and direct competition should be a good thing for our Jeeps.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love anything that looks close to that if I can figure out how to get rid of this piece of dog crap JL.
Facebook Marketplace
Craigslist
Ebay
Autotrader.com
Cars.com
Carvana
Cargurus.com

And that’s just online! There are literally dozens of dealers surrounding you, waiting to take your jeep.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.