Sponsored

Best way to get rid of the silver grille insert on Sahara?

Adjavix

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
So I got the Sahara in Punk’n orange. Since I first saw the thing, I’ve despised the silver insert on the grille and bumper. I’m also not a big fan of black or the rubicon charcoal color. I went with matte bronze wheels and thought it might look good to match the grille insert and the emblems to the wheels. I went to a wrapping place that told me they could do the grille inserts for about $400-$500, but didn’t have a color even close and they couldn’t do the emblems. Is powder coating a better option? Any suggestions on what else might look good with the orange? I guess color matching the orange might look ok.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Well, what sort of fix are you looking for? One option is to order the equivalent Rubicon parts and install them.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
So I got the Sahara in Punk’n orange. Since I first saw the thing, I’ve despised the silver insert on the grille and bumper. I’m also not a big fan of black or the rubicon charcoal color. I went with matte bronze wheels and thought it might look good to match the grille insert and the emblems to the wheels. I went to a wrapping place that told me they could do the grille inserts for about $400-$500, but didn’t have a color even close and they couldn’t do the emblems. Is powder coating a better option? Any suggestions on what else might look good with the orange? I guess color matching the orange might look ok.
Spray paint, plasti-dip, can order rubicon inserts from mopar, plastic overlay covers from amazon, replace entire grille with mopar satin black grille....shall I continue?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Spray paint, plasti-dip, can order rubicon inserts from mopar, plastic overlay covers from amazon, replace entire grille with mopar satin black grille....shall I continue?
Well, I think that pretty much covers it.

Oh, replace the plastic front bumper with a steel/aluminum aftermarket bumper.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Well, I think that pretty much covers it.

Oh, replace the plastic front bumper with a steel/aluminum aftermarket bumper.
Not you again...why you always picking fights with me lol

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I ordered grill and bumper inserts from Tasca parts, $158 to my door. Came in a nice matt black. ordered new just in case i ever want to switch back to silver.

Sponsored

jbbash

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
I ordered grill and bumper inserts from Tasca parts, $158 to my door. Came in a nice matt black. ordered new just in case i ever want to switch back to silver.
DO you have a link?