Sponsored

What option do you regret not getting? By popularity!

Top 3 options you regret not ordering?

• Total voters

yj93

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy's Manual
Alpine system. Can't hear shit with the windows open. Forget about when I take the top and doors off.
Putting in my order now. After reading all the input, I am just going ahead and upgrading to the Alpine. Rather waste the money than have the regret.
Sponsored

aultimus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I hear ya on this .. unfortunately, I think it has only been done like once and it sounds like it was near impossible with a lot of dealer connections. Folks like me have no chance in hell from the sound of it.
We'll there is hope... the parts are available, essentially a single antenna and driver door handle replacement, and can be bought fairly easily. You can also buy a module to decrypt and allow the owner/user to edit software features that were otherwise not enabled/disabled at the factory. I know Tazer can do some of this... but I'm more interested in the AlfaODB software tool... this should let us add/enable proximity lock settings (or will be soon...) and also change a ton of other settings... LED's etc...

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Putting in my order now. After reading all the input, I am just going ahead and upgrading to the Alpine. Rather waste the money than have the regret.
Eric.. the Alpine rocks.. you won't regret.

I was in the same boat as the previous poster. Bought off a lot without reviewing options. Would like Proximity and Cold weather package and neither are realistic to install afterwards. I did not get towing but I see a lot appreciate that with the aux switches. Just groom over the options and know some of these are near impossible or very costly to do later. Congrats & best of luck and Enjoy!!

Last edited:

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
We'll there is hope... the parts are available, essentially a single antenna and driver door handle replacement, and can be bought fairly easily. You can also buy a module to decrypt and allow the owner/user to edit software features that were otherwise not enabled/disabled at the factory. I know Tazer can do some of this... but I'm more interested in the AlfaODB software tool... this should let us add/enable proximity lock settings (or will be soon...) and also change a ton of other settings... LED's etc...
Yeah.. it all comes down to the coding. Seems FCA are clueless and missing the opportunity. There is an ongoing thread about this so please if you eventually find a way let us know :)!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I was torn between Granite and Sting Gray. I decided on Granite at the last minute. Very happy with Granite but I catch myself admiring Sting Gray whenever I see one.

Sucks you have to buy a Rubicon or Sahara for some options. I got the 2-door Rubicon to get options I wanted. Love the way it looks and the available options. Really love the LEDS, proximity entry, 8.4" Alpine, remote start, heated seats and steering wheel. I am surprised how much I love the heated steering wheel now that it's freezing out. It's one option I would not have ordered but it came with heated seats. Can't live without it now. lol. Looking forward to using the AUX switches with the Tow Package. Love the 2.0T also.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I regret not having the factory Aux Switches installed. To go aftermarket is a pain.
Smoke: while I don't personally need the aux switches, I completely agree that those, like you, who do, find post factory installation, along with the tow package wiring, a major pain in the "arse:" which means if we turf it to others it will be pricey on the time=cost of labor alone.

Chrisdupe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Proximity sensor for door locks. I don’t need to get the huge key fob out to start it so wish I also didn’t need to to unlock the doors. That and Sting Grey.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@Ravager @JeepCares

Thanks for this poll. @JeepCares .. please note the large number of people who not only want an aftermarket MOPAR keyless entry solution, but that $ on FCA's part can be made bundling same.

Everybody would win from this:
  • The consumer who wishes to do that portion of the install they can do themselves, over a dealer who would charge a king's ransom to do that which isn't officially documented...
  • FCA, who could sell the kit at the low marginal cost of parts (having only taken the time to write up the procedure once upon product launch)
  • The dealer who gets to charge a relatively large sum for simply flashing the physical changes made by the owner, paying back the cost of the hardware they need to buy as a dealer to do this.
  • The dealer who could do the entire mod at a profit, but at much less cost than that of attempting it now without mother FCA's official blessing and documentation..

Rishsd

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Rubicon, I now have to wait until my warranty to run out (8 years/120,000 miles) to get lockers.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I didn't order mine so I really have no regrets, which I selected....

However, I plan on adding 2 things that are becoming a slight pain and hurt the pocket book.

- Steel front bumper. at the end of the day, I just really like the look and function of the mopar bumper. I'm gong to get it but the bumper and the skidplate and shipping.... its not cheap.

- Other item is the Aux buttons that come with the tow package. I'm going to get them and install myself (hopefully). but have read some people that install wasn't super easy. It doesn't look too bad though.

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
In July 2018 I told my local dealer I was looking for a Sport S Unlimited, 3.6, 6 speed, cold weather pack, Alpine, safety pack, dual top, in Sting Gray. Two days later he called me; got one with all the above (except dual top, hardtop only), and with LSD/Dana 44 axle and granite wheels, at 5% below invoice. Sold!! Solved the top issue with the Bestop NXT.
So no regrets.

....but whenever I see a Punkin’......

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Eric.. the Alpine rocks.. you won't regret.

I was in the same boat as the previous poster. Bought off a lot without reviewing options. Would like Proximity and Cold weather package and neither are realistic to install afterwards. I did not get towing but I see a lot appreciate that with the aux switches. Just groom over the options and know some of these are near impossible or very costly to do later. Congrats & best of luck and Enjoy!!
I thought that was Pioneer that rocked

Sponsored