Sponsored

Jeep should have put the aux switches...

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Coming from a bunch of JKs, my JL is the epitome of attention to detail and technological advancement.

Perhaps with the exception of the climate control. The one in my JKs worked a LOT better.
actually, that is my one gripe: I wish there was a way to lockout the touch screen. My wife gets in the Jeep and immediately starts fussing with her side temp using the big shiny touch screen, usually when I'm trying to set up music or get carplay GPS fired up. She doesn't bother to use the knobs, or buttons, that work like EVERY OTHER VEHICLE ON THE PLANET (including hers)- no, just instantly for the big shiny screen. AND NEVER SWITCHES IT BACK- even if I'm trying to navigate via map. Drives me friggin insane and I wish i had a way to manually lock out the touch screen (either by entering the passcode to my phone or a button on the steering wheel) so she can't change it.
Sponsored

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
actually, that is my one gripe: I wish there was a way to lockout the touch screen. My wife gets in the Jeep and immediately starts fussing with her side temp using the big shiny touch screen, usually when I'm trying to set up music or get carplay GPS fired up. She doesn't bother to use the knobs, or buttons, that work like EVERY OTHER VEHICLE ON THE PLANET (including hers)- no, just instantly for the big shiny screen. AND NEVER SWITCHES IT BACK- even if I'm trying to navigate via map. Drives me friggin insane and I wish i had a way to manually lock out the touch screen (either by entering the passcode to my phone or a button on the steering wheel) so she can't change it.
You don't have a jeep problem, you have a wife problem...

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Whack her on the knuckles a few times with a screwdriver or similar until the issue is resolved.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn’t sound like you screen passcode...but a therapist or a marriage counselor... :angel:

Have you tried duct taping the screen? Nothing says “bug off” like a big chunk of shiny duct tape... :giggle:

RastaPasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
While I somewhat agree with these, the leap from the JK to JL is massive. I love my JL dearly and there really isn't much I would change. Every car I've ever owned has had some minor flaws, that's just how it goes when a vehicle is mass produced.

I do agree with the climate control though... I don't understand how 71* is the ice planet Hoth and 72* feels like I'm ablaze with the heat of a thousand suns.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
You don't have a jeep problem, you have a wife problem...
"Problem" might be a bit of an extreme word.
Whack her on the knuckles a few times with a screwdriver or similar until the issue is resolved.
This will resolve the issue with the touch screen but will cause an issue downstream, later in the process.
Doesn’t sound like you screen passcode...but a therapist or a marriage counselor... :angel:

Have you tried duct taping the screen? Nothing says “bug off” like a big chunk of shiny duct tape... :giggle:
I feel like Chris Tucker in Rush Hour....

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
....on the dash just left of the touch screen or closer to the driver.

Driving backroads at night and switch on your aux lights, you almost have to stay hunched over with your fingers on the buttons to shut off for any oncoming cars.

Convenient? Yes. Good location(imo)? No

Longer I own this thing the more I get annoyed with all the little "issues". Water that pours in when rains or from melting snow(cant even open window practically), led's in snowy weather, front defroster not being full width, climate control sucks(i.e. 72 too hot but 71 too cold), factory says 35" no prob - not true for spare it rubs like crazy cant be good for hinges or tailgate(marking up rear bumper as well, never mind the annoying noise it makes), rear flares will get destroyed if no step or mud flaps, etc. etc. etc.

I just expected more for the price tag these things carry and with the redesign and all.

"Its a Jeep thing" excuse not cutting it anymore, it's practically 2020 not 1995..I really expected more.
You have to keep in mind that you're paying for ABILITY, not QUALITY.

It's a Jeep thing lol
Sponsored