First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Ecoboost engine, Ford 8.8 in the rear, either 8.8 live axle front or some sort of robust IFS, and some simple and utilitarian styling.

If they really want my money put a Coyote engine in it as an option.

Ford Quality is way better then FCA, and if they do a good job the aftermarket will jump on it.
Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Hmmmm... at this point not much considering how many times my Jeep has been at the dealer. Seven times in 10 months and the latest issue is a leaky radiator.
I share in your misery. I'm waiting for one or two more things to break on my Jeep so that I can get them fixed all at once. I have 3 things that need fixing right now but taking my Jeep in every other week is tiresome.

Just remember one thing though. Nobody looked at a map and asked, "Where are the good Ford trails?"

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Ford makes good cars. If it has a 60’s or 70’s look and comes in a 2 door soft top I’ll be trying to figure out how I can trade in my JL.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
They waited too long to show me what they have up their sleeve. Ford lost a potential customer by slow rolling the unveil of this Bronco. Even if I end up liking the Bronco product, I highly doubt they could do much to entice me over now. Kind of a shame really.

On the flipside I had wanted to build a diesel Wrangler for many years and now they offer me one from the factory! Had to do it! I'm still kinda excited to see what the Bronco is all about when it gets here, but it's a different excitement now. At this point it feels more like facing off with an opponent, and wondering if they are worthy. Hopefully the Bronco does compete well with the Wrangler and it ends up making Jeep put out an even better product.

If the damn thing is a flop I'm going to have a real good hard laugh I'll tell you that much. All that build up........for this :movember:

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Late to this thread.....

the thing that I would want from a Bronco is an “ecosystem” of parts for Mods, events, rally’s, etc. To me wranglers are about more than the vehicle. Broncos can do all that but it will take a Ford corporate-level multi-decade commitment that is unlikely to happen.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I’ve had good luck with my 5 Fords over the last 7 years. That said, I’m skeptical it’ll be anymore than a short Ranger, maybe a Raptor version, with a retro style and after the first year, maybe be seen as kinda boring. Iow, blend right in with traffic.

I hope I’m wrong. Good competition helps all brands deliver better products. We’ll have to wait a little while longer to see. I wanted one back in 2017 when they said Fall 2019 production.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a problem with that, I didn't start the threads, just making a comment on them?
Why are you saying the same thing in the same thread?

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
$20k starting price tag on a base model. solid axles. v6. that would be good for a start. if it came with a removable top, i would swap it for the half cab set up. either way i'm keeping my jl. now if jeep offers a 2 door pick up, then the bronco could be out.

Sponsored

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
I’ve had good luck with my 5 Fords over the last 7 years. That said, I’m skeptical it’ll be anymore than a short Ranger, maybe a Raptor version, with a retro style and after the first year, maybe be seen as kinda boring. Iow, blend right in with traffic.

I hope I’m wrong. Good competition helps all brands deliver better products. We’ll have to wait a little while longer to see. I wanted one back in 2017 when they said Fall 2019 production.
If it’s a short ranger raptor, they can take my deposit now...

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
There is nothing a Jeep competitor could do to make me switch. There's nothing like a Wrangler. Even if the Bronco has a removable roof and doors it's not the same. It does not carry the legacy or appearance of a Wrangler.

DesertRat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 Door Sport S 2020 JT Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
This was prompted by a post on another thread but I didn't want to send it on a tangent.

The poster said they would consider leaving the Wrangler for the Bronco if it was "done right". I am curious what that would mean.

I don't generally like Ford's recent design language but I do like their powertrains. I would at least look at a Bronco with retro styling, soft top, and manual and compare it to my Jeep. Otherwise I would have no interest. I'm sure others would be more focused on off-road characteristics or other features. Thoughts?
It would have to fly, and make me a latte on command. A bidet would be a bonus.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Feel free to do it as much and as often as your heart desires but it’s obnoxious.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.