Vondy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’ll admit to being envious.

My Jeep still wanders and requires corrections. My husband says it’s worse than prior to the install and he hates driving it. And my kit installed all in was $3,600. :angry:

I’m done.

I started the lemon law process last night. There must be something really wrong with my Jeep.
Have you contacted PSC about it? Seems like most have great results with the PSC conversion.

Dbafundo

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon unlimited
Took mine in for the recall and had them check track bar they tightened it and control arms to speck and I am golden. Drives great now Guess I got lucky.

Dbafundo

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon unlimited
I took mine in to replace the steering dampener under the recall (was busted too, I must have damaged it on a trail at some point).

Right now I am pleased with how the steering is.
Is far more rigid, does not shake/"wabble"/oscillate anymore and seems like the play is reduced as well.

It tracks straight.

I don't think it can get better than this considering is a car with a solid axel.

I will probably consider an adjustable steering dampener when I install tie rod, relocation bracket and so on.
I did same and also had them check track bar and control arms. They retightened them to spek...Drives great now. Had my brother drive it and he was impressed with it.says it handles great.

Sponsored

powelld353

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2000 Wrangler TJ Sport
Occupation
General idiot, know nothing
Vehicle Showcase
NEW TSB just released today.

78854150_10162609946575082_5920207273270968320_n.jpg

79094071_10162609946565082_8592855771056701440_n.jpg
Looks promising but it states it's for the vehicles equipped with long wheel base. I assume then it's only for 4-doors. I have a 2-door so probably does not apply. Crap!!

Marker56

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I just got back from a week-long vacation. After driving hundreds of miles in a 2018, no frills, 25K miles, KIA SUV rental from Hertz and then, this morning, driving my 2019 JLU Moab to work I started to think. Here I am in a new vehicle with 2200 miles on it that cost almost twice as much as the Kia and I am listening to numerous rattles, cursing the daily intermittent car play failures, driving with two hands white knuckled on the steering wheel at 45 mph while wrestling with the dead center play in the steering wheel and drifting all over the road, sitting on a seat bottom that leans down in the front and has me sliding forward in the seat wishing I had a place to brace my left foot. Oh, and let's see what else did I think about? Maybe it was when it had 160 miles on it and I watched it being dragged onto a flatbed with a failed transmission. Or it could have been the multiple trips to 2 different dealers for loose steering and wandering and being told by both that they centered the steering wheel and checked the alignment. I believe the first dealer did nothing and although the second dealer did do something because the steering wheel is centered nothing was done to address the free play at center and the drifting. Maybe I was thinking about when I took it back to that second dealer one more time on the advice of Jeep Cares that they had something new to try. The service manager was courteous and apologetic in that he knew of nothing new and said there are were no new bulletins and they don't know what to do. It could have that time I made a separate trip back to the first dealer to have the driver’s side sun visor replaced because it developed a spontaneous split in it.

More than likely, I was thinking that the biggest improvement in handling came after I replaced, at my own expense, the very noisy stock KM2s with KO3s. The steering is still loose, with on center play, and it still drifts but it does not feel as jittery as it did with the KM2s and I get the added bonus of it being so much quieter now that when the car play fails and the music stops I can hear, over the rattles, the voice inside my head laughing at me.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
NEW TSB just released today.

78854150_10162609946575082_5920207273270968320_n.jpg

79094071_10162609946565082_8592855771056701440_n.jpg
Interesting. After my dealer replaced my box with another AD box, I asked about updating the software. I was told that it wasn't necessary because the steering has nothing to do with software. huh???

Sponsored

Tumbleweed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Auto 3.6L
Well everyone, after being brand loyal to FCA/Chrysler Diamler my entire life plus owning 3 wranglers over the past 10 years later i've decided to throw in the towel waiting for a steering fix and purchased a 2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad. The quality, reliability and customer service just keeps getting worse every year so i finally decided to make the switch despite taking a pretty big loss due to instant depreciation as the vehicle is only a few months. Thanks to all who have helped me along the way and good luck to those who continue fighting the fight. hopefully they'll come to see that treating their customers this poorly has an effect

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Well everyone, after being brand loyal to FCA/Chrysler Diamler my entire life plus owning 3 wranglers over the past 10 years later i've decided to throw in the towel waiting for a steering fix and purchased a 2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad. The quality, reliability and customer service just keeps getting worse every year so i finally decided to make the switch despite taking a pretty big loss due to instant depreciation as the vehicle is only a few months. Thanks to all who have helped me along the way and good luck to those who continue fighting the fight. hopefully they'll come to see that treating their customers this poorly has an effect
Good bye. Sounds like your mind was made up and weren’t that loyal anyways. For far less money you COULD have fixed it. Enjoy your Taco. I am sure when getting passed on the trail you will regret it

Vezfly

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I just installed rubicon express adjustable LCA on my 2019 JLUR. Caster now is 6.3, wandering on highway is gone. If I can get dead spot in steering fixed it would be awesome . Maybe this new TSB will fox that bitch doubt it

azjluw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Good bye. Sounds like your mind was made up and weren’t that loyal anyways. For far less money you COULD have fixed it. Enjoy your Taco. I am sure when getting passed on the trail you will regret it
I know right?! How could you expect someone not to tolerate a vehicle that doesn’t drive safely? Some people and those unrealistic expectations of a drivable and safe vehicle.
Sponsored