OP
OP
zyt

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
None of other iPhones work on my jeep. It seems I need to bring an older iPhone to the dealership to demonstrate my point even though dealer already tried and confirmed this...

Uconnect rep is helpful at the beginning in documenting the issue, but as we rule out all simple fixes such as apple cables, Bluetooth etc, I am starting to get BS answers like Carplay is not supported by my carrier- Sprint (lol) or I should wait for the next OTA updates.

I brought up that the issue might be cables behind the radio leading to the USB port, but Uconnect rep is not too technical in this which I totally understand.

@oceanblue2019 thanks for your input. I live in Bel Air MD and work at downtown Baltimore. Would love to meet if possible not just for this issue, but for meeting other cool jeepers in general.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I HAD TONS of issues with this and I will say after 5 months I believe it is fixed but I had to start a lemon law case to get them to keep digging and they finally replaced the radio (i have the 8.4 screen) but they made sure it was not a refirb radio that it was a brand new radio... But in the lemon law hearing their response was:
1. I drive it too much
2. I have an iphone xs max pro and ios 13 is not supported
3. sometimes tech just doesn't work
I am livid over the responses but at least it is working...
1 and 3 are very sad statements to make in a hearing.....

CarPlay is tightly controlled by Apple and except for a couple issues during iOS beta's it is not something they mess around with. The remote CarPlay interface protocol is fully controlled by them and they help the vehicle-side manufactures implement it.

This is why Bluetooth CarPlay is only supported by a few vendors as they need to buy an encryption chip from Apple to make this work. As bluetooth has a range of a few meters Apple chose to not allow CarPlay to be wireless and non-encrypted due to man in the middle attacks. So it's either hard wired or encrypted wireless.

The message here is millions of iPhone 11's with IOS13 are working in other vendors vehicles without issues - if it's not working on Uconnect it is their implementation at fault.

OP
OP
zyt

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
I HAD TONS of issues with this and I will say after 5 months I believe it is fixed but I had to start a lemon law case to get them to keep digging and they finally replaced the radio (i have the 8.4 screen) but they made sure it was not a refirb radio that it was a brand new radio... But in the lemon law hearing their response was:
1. I drive it too much
2. I have an iphone xs max pro and ios 13 is not supported
3. sometimes tech just doesn't work
I am livid over the responses but at least it is working...
Good to see replacing the radio fixed it for you. I am glad my dealer is willing to replace mine without going through lemon law hearing process. I have no idea whether my replacement was a brand new or a refirb. Did you have similar issues?
Can't believe they came up with those responses!
I will keep visiting the dealer for this and I am sure they must be annoyed as hell with me.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Hey guys, how about samsung z flip? please excuse me for the question but I don't have much experience in things like that. I know it might sound weird. I found a mobile phone on samsung z flip price at an incredible price and now I try all possible possibilities. I tried to connect to CarPlay but still failed. I thought Android had this option too. Okay, but if I still can't, someone can give me some advice on what to do in such a situation because I don't want to change my phone. I like it too much.
Sponsored

Last edited: