JL Rubicon Bright White Owners Please Post Pics w/ Aftermarket wheels & Tires

Norton300

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Thank you so much! Hemmed on the idea a long time before pulling the trigger, not knowing if it would look good or not... they are Method beadlocks that I powder coated Rancher Red, with Super Chrome underneath for the metallic appearance.

20190512_105138.jpg

20190427_213010.jpg

20190426_202009.jpg

20190426_222344.jpg

20190426_202001.jpg
Thanks! Looks awesome
Sponsored

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, 2007 Toyota Tundra
KMC Machete Beadlocks & 37's
at rest.jpg
Hey Chris, I want your wheel set up. Am I foolish going with 37's on stock axles? And are beadlocks a lot of maintenance to keep the bolts torqued correctly etc? I don't get offroad much right now but I want the right set up before I try to tackle some more difficult trails such as the trails up in Big Bear, CA. I am thinking if I should stick with 35's but I want the offroad ground clearance of the 37's. Then there's gearing but I will know after if I pull the trigger on the 37's. I also will be adding under armor, not sure which brand yet? I still need to finish my lift set up too. I have only stage 2 EVO Enforcer 2.5 so far and I am now thinking -should I go with Rock Krawler for the full package and maybe in a 3.5 inch instead. Tires? patagonia, cooper set pro or Nitto trial or Ridge Grappler. ?? Ok I'll stop there. LOL! Your thoughts?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Chris, I want your wheel set up. Am I foolish going with 37's on stock axles? And are beadlocks a lot of maintenance to keep the bolts torqued correctly etc? I don't get offroad much right now but I want the right set up before I try to tackle some more difficult trails such as the trails up in Big Bear, CA. I am thinking if I should stick with 35's but I want the offroad ground clearance of the 37's. Then there's gearing but I will know after if I pull the trigger on the 37's. I also will be adding under armor, not sure which brand yet? I still need to finish my lift set up too. I have only stage 2 EVO Enforcer 2.5 so far and I am now thinking -should I go with Rock Krawler for the full package and maybe in a 3.5 inch instead. Tires? patagonia, cooper set pro or Nitto trial or Ridge Grappler. ?? Ok I'll stop there. LOL! Your thoughts?
Plenty of people are wheeling fairly hard on 37's and the stock 44's. We have been wheeling on 40's with the Dana 44's for a little while now, but I am easy on the skinny pedal.
A lot of companies sell good skid plates. I recently installed a set of Rustys skids on a customers 2.0t and was pleased with the price, fit and gained ground clearance(Replaces the factory skids rather than sitting on top of them like some)
Skids.jpg

You can do 37's with a 2.5" lift, but you will want to buy shocks based on the actual travel you will be able to use while also making sure the springs stay seated on down travel. If sticking with a 2.5"(or even 3.5") lift and an aggressive offset like what I had in the picture you quoted I would plan on deleting the lower fender with a Quake or AAL kit so that you have a fair amount of usable up travel. With the -38mm offset the tire no longer tucks into the fender, rather it rests on the outside edge under compression.

I've had a few friends/customers complain about thread life with the Patagonias(25k miles). I've had good luck with the Coopers, Trail Grapplers, and most recenty the Yokohama G003's. All of those are relatively quiet and ride decent for a MT. I have customers that love the Ridge Grapplers, but I have never personally run them. Whichever tire you choose try and stick with a D load rating if ride quality is important(C is rare in that size unfortunately)

Just my 2c :beer:

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Plenty of people are wheeling fairly hard on 37's and the stock 44's. We have been wheeling on 40's with the Dana 44's for a little while now, but I am easy on the skinny pedal.
A lot of companies sell good skid plates. I recently installed a set of Rustys skids on a customers 2.0t and was pleased with the price, fit and gained ground clearance(Replaces the factory skids rather than sitting on top of them like some)
Skids.jpg

You can do 37's with a 2.5" lift, but you will want to buy shocks based on the actual travel you will be able to use while also making sure the springs stay seated on down travel. If sticking with a 2.5"(or even 3.5") lift and an aggressive offset like what I had in the picture you quoted I would plan on deleting the lower fender with a Quake or AAL kit so that you have a fair amount of usable up travel. With the -38mm offset the tire no longer tucks into the fender, rather it rests on the outside edge under compression.

I've had a few friends/customers complain about thread life with the Patagonias(25k miles). I've had good luck with the Coopers, Trail Grapplers, and most recenty the Yokohama G003's. All of those are relatively quiet and ride decent for a MT. I have customers that love the Ridge Grapplers, but I have never personally run them. Whichever tire you choose try and stick with a D load rating if ride quality is important(C is rare in that size unfortunately)

How is the wheel/tire poke with that offset, just ordered the same wheels with some Patagonia's. I currently have 35's with -18 offset and just was curious how much more the KMC Machetes are gonna stick out with the -38 offset. Pics!!??

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
How is the wheel/tire poke with that offset, just ordered the same wheels with some Patagonia's. I currently have 35's with -18 offset and just was curious how much more the KMC Machetes are gonna stick out with the -38 offset. Pics!!??
Here are a few pics of our JL's with -38 offset and 37"+ tires
hells revenge1 1440.jpg
Alex & Chris.jpg
DSC_0967.JPG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, so greetings to everyone. I am debating whether on buying Nittos (either Ridge or Mud) or Toyo Open Country M/T 35*12.5*17 and keep the original Rubicon wheels with no lift OR installing the mopar lift kit, installing 37s, and some aftermarket wheels. I still have not found any wheels that I like so please post pics for ideas! I really like the Rubicon wheels. Any suggestion will be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

PD. I used to have a 2012 JKU with 4" lift and 35*12.5*18 Nitto Mud Grapplers with XD wheels. I really like the agressive look of the Mud Tires (even though I do not go mudding that much), but the tires made a lot of noise. I got used to it throughout the years, but I will appreciate if anyone can suggest me another brand that looks agressive with less noise. Thanks!

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-13 at 12.14.18 PM.jpeg
AE7E4818-861C-44CA-B68E-AC995A52CA7A.jpeg

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Here are a few pics of our JL's with -38 offset and 37"+ tires
hells revenge1 1440.jpg
Alex & Chris.jpg
DSC_0967.JPG
The word Hero just doesn't cover this greatness:like:! Thank you so much was having trouble finding some decent pictures:movember: and was getting alittle nervous now i am super glad I made the choice, they look beautiful!! :rock:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Skids.jpg

g
what size tires are you running and what lift ?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
g
what size tires are you running and what lift ?
In that picture? Or on my wife's JLU?

In that picture he has 41" Irok's on an EVO coilover/long arm kit
On my Wife's we have a Roam coilover/long arm kit (approx 4" lift) with 40x13.50 Maxxis Razr MT's

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The word Hero just doesn't cover this greatness:like:! Thank you so much was having trouble finding some decent pictures:movember: and was getting alittle nervous now i am super glad I made the choice, they look beautiful!! :rock:
On that white Rubicon are those 37 1250 or 1350 tires

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
With the 1350 do you have any problems with their wondering or pulling
No wandering or pulling . Even on my 14.50 Iroks I have no wandering or pulling, but I run much less pressure than the door placard suggests.

My bone stock JLU wandered all over the place when I drove it home from the dealer. When I lowered the pressures from the dealer inflated 45psi back down to 35-37 that went away.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
No wandering or pulling . Even on my 14.50 Iroks I have no wandering or pulling, but I run much less pressure than the door placard suggests.

My bone stock JLU wandered all over the place when I drove it home from the dealer. When I lowered the pressures from the dealer inflated 45psi back down to 35-37 that went away.
I have the two etch Mopar lift and that's all and I can't do much of a lineman without control arms and track bar that are adjustable they're telling me. Hit wonders to the right when I let go of the steering wheel just takes off to the right I'm so tired of it I hate that's why I'm more parts. They're saying the dredges louder. Cooper SST pro and being 1350 wide is doingThey'r. What I had the 12:50 you're 37 nitto ridge grappler i.it did drive straight. All I did was put 37 1350 Cooper on and it started pulling to the right from the start everyone says I need to get control on track bar so I can do more of an alignment than just the basic alignment. Can't believe just have an itch on ec CVS ni side of the tire C
Sponsored