Sponsored

LED Replacements for Backup and TailLights/Turn/Brakes.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I installed these from amazon as well and mine also come close to our touch the housing. They are very visible even when off. Also, the seem to create a rolling line effect on the backup screen at night. Has anyone else noticed this?

The work great and light up very bright, though I might return them for shorter ones if anyone has any suggestions.
I get same rolling line effect
Sponsored

jpqst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Glad to hear it wasn't just my eyes! Anyway, I removed them and will be sending them back. Mainly because they looked goofy being so close to the taillight lens. I recommend anyone ordering replacement backup lights go with an overall length of 2" or less based on my measurements.

choppedliverpr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4
All this talk of resistors but no specs. Any ideas on what size resistor (ohm/watts) to use??

NickM

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL SPort S
All this talk of resistors but no specs. Any ideas on what size resistor (ohm/watts) to use??
Oracle sells a 6 ohm 50 watt "equalizer" resistor. Goes between positive and negative leads. Theoretically this should equal the load of an incandescent bulb but bulb specs need to be checked to determine if this is correct.

Izzo93

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Jeep JLUS, '23 2500 Duramax, 23’ RAM 1500
Occupation
Operator Maintenance Technician III
Are you sure the bulbs are actually working? Are they very bright?
@mwilk012 i really HATE bumping an old thread... but I'm pulling hair at this point.....I'm actually having this issue as of right now. I tried contacting @Quake LED two days in a row for some insight...& Joe at Z Auto via text (due to me using the Tazer) and no avail.......I was just outside for 6 hours from troubleshooting, reading, and chain smoking trying to figure this out..... could you possibly PM me to try to assist in figuring out my dilemma? I would greatly appreciate it...
Sponsored