10mmauto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2008 Mustang Bullitt
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I have seen the condensation as well. It always goes away after a couple minutes. but it is there every time I stop after having the lights on. I emailed Oracle as was told...

"The condensation you’re seeing is normal for the first few uses as the moisture in the air trapped inside of the headlights during assembly evaporates when the inner temp rises. This can be cleared up quickly by parking the jeep with the lenses facing direct sunlight for 2-3 hours."

They even sent a pdf about condensation. I haven't paid much attention to it lately as I haven't really thougth about it. It doesn't affect the lighting performance. Although I DO wish they didn't do it at all. I am in Denver, so much colder and drier. Hopefully eventually it won't do it anymore.
Thanks. I've run mine several times and I still have it but it is now cold and damp here in western NY, so maybe it will take a little longer.
Sponsored

Hatchttu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Thanks. I've run mine several times and I still have it but it is now cold and damp here in western NY, so maybe it will take a little longer.
I’ve had mine for about 2-3 weeks and haven’t seen any condensation at all the last couple days. Hopefully it stays that way.

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo
I got my Black Friday special Oculus lights installed the other day, here are some first impressions and a couple notes that afaik haven't been touched on in other threads..

• install was a piece of cake - most time consuming part was running zipties for the wire harness
  • I had trouble closing lid on the fuse box, and had to cut a small notch on both halves of the fuse box to let the fuse tap wire pass through
  • the default aiming of the bulbs was quite good - on my stock JLUR the cutoff on each light sits at about 38.5" high at 3' from wall, and about 35" high at 25' from wall. They point well below rear window and side mirrors of every other car I've encountered on the road so far and no oncoming cars have flashed me either. I may actually try aiming them a tiny bit higher to get a bit more low beam distance on dark roads
  • access to aiming the driver's side seems near impossible with the headlight installed (same issue on oem lights, there's just no room in the engine bay) - UPDATE - I was actually able to squeeze my hand underneath to the side and got the hex wrench in place to adjust the bulb height
  • in contrast to the oem halogen bulbs that were just kind of dim everywhere, the Oculus is very bright with a sharp cutoff line. One drawback to this/one thing I'm still getting used to, is the contrast of the sharp cutoff on dark roads is so strong that I find it distracting to my eyes, especially if on a bumpy road - my eyes are drawn to the sharp line moving up and down on the road
  • related to the cutoff, the top edge of the line down road is blue, like VERY BLUE, and it makes things like signs, license plates, backs of other vehicles blue. Not sure if its the same with the factory LED lights, but I wasn't expecting these to be so colored
  • also related to color, the DRL halos are different, warmer color temperature than the headlight bulbs - they have a yellow/greenish tinge vs. the clear/cool white headlight bulb. I assumed the color would match, so this was mildly disappointing. Side note, I'm also running Oracle fender LED DRLs and these are clear/cool white, not yellow/greenish.
  • the near fill of the low beams are so good/bright I could barely tell when my foglights were turned on (foglight LED bulbs are incoming and not installed yet :) )
  • the high beams are amazing! The output and spotlight-like projection down road is great
Overall I'm extremely pleased with these lights, they're a MASSIVE upgrade from the factory halogens. I can't really speak to how they compare with factory LEDs, but for the price, these seem to be a great alternative.

Attached are a couple pictures showing beam pattern at 25', low beam on a dark road, the blue line, and DRL halo color

IMG_20191205_205859.jpg

IMG_20191205_211150.jpg

IMG_20191205_211215_2.jpg

IMG_20191207_092154.jpg

Last edited:

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU sting gray sport s
Hmmm... you’re the first person I’ve seen complain of the halo color but it looks pretty green/yellow in those pics! Mine get here Wednesday, hopefully I’m not disappointed with the halo color too.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35398

• in contrast to the oem halogen bulbs that were just kind of dim everywhere, the Oculus is very bright with a sharp cutoff line. One drawback to this/one thing I'm still getting used to, is the contrast of the sharp cutoff on dark roads is so strong that I find it distracting to my eyes, especially if on a bumpy road - my eyes are drawn to the sharp line moving up and down on the road
I had HIDs in a previous vehicle and I found them to be disorienting because of the sharp cutoff line just like what you're describing here. That's one of the reasons I've been hesitant to get the LEDs.

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Our halos look good - nice crisp white.
Oh interesting.. does the white match of the halo match the headlight bulb? Mine are noticeably different colors (to my eyes anyway).

@ORACLElights is it common/expected for there to be a color difference between the halo and beam bulbs?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
To me, they appear to be more of a soft white than a green. The halo doesn't look different from the center bulb.

Oracle_004.JPG

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe just the picture but they appear green there too. My Morimoto his bulbs in the wife’s rav4 have a slight green hue as well. I wonder if it’s the same look.

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe just the picture but they appear green there too. My Morimoto his bulbs in the wife’s rav4 have a slight green hue as well. I wonder if it’s the same look.
Yes...I'd agree the pic gives them a light-greeny kinda hue similar to what @xEDGEx posted. Up close & personal, they look less green in daylight. I took this a minute ago with the sun setting. Could be the daylight or the pic itself making them appear to have a greenish hue.

oracle_005.jpg

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah that looks more what I’m hoping for. My diode dynamics switchback are around 5000k temp and these look like they match that pretty well. My oem led fog lights are a bit bluer so those may have to go. I like to match my lighting haha. I’m an electrician and an OCD one at that!

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Yes...I'd agree the pic gives them a light-greeny kinda hue similar to what @xEDGEx posted. Up close & personal, they look less green in daylight. I took this a minute ago with the sun setting. Could be the daylight or the pic itself making them appear to have a greenish hue.

oracle_005.jpg
I think you're onto something with the green being more pronounced during daylight.. I looked again tonight when it got dark and the halo had much less green/yellow color and more closely matched the beam bulb

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
I hate you guys... every single one of you f*ckers... especially you, @ORACLElights. Forced me to get these things. And, thank you.

Oracle_002.JPG
We "hate" you too, and you are very welcome :LOL:

I got my Black Friday special Oculus lights installed the other day, here are some first impressions and a couple notes that afaik haven't been touched on in other threads..

• install was a piece of cake - most time consuming part was running zipties for the wire harness
  • I had trouble closing lid on the fuse box, and had to cut a small notch on both halves of the fuse box to let the fuse tap wire pass through
  • the default aiming of the bulbs was quite good - on my stock JLUR the cutoff on each light sits at about 38.5" high at 3' from wall, and about 35" high at 25' from wall. They point well below rear window and side mirrors of every other car I've encountered on the road so far and no oncoming cars have flashed me either. I may actually try aiming them a tiny bit higher to get a bit more low beam distance on dark roads
  • access to aiming the driver's side seems near impossible with the headlight installed (same issue on oem lights, there's just no room in the engine bay) - UPDATE - I was actually able to squeeze my hand underneath to the side and got the hex wrench in place to adjust the bulb height
  • related to the cutoff, the top edge of the line down road is blue, like VERY BLUE, and it makes things like signs, license plates, backs of other vehicles blue. Not sure if its the same with the factory LED lights, but I wasn't expecting these to be so colored
  • also related to color, the DRL halos are different, warmer color temperature than the headlight bulbs - they have a yellow/greenish tinge vs. the clear/cool white headlight bulb. I assumed the color would match, so this was mildly disappointing. Side note, I'm also running Oracle fender LED DRLs and these are clear/cool white, not yellow/greenish.
  • the near fill of the low beams are so good/bright I could barely tell when my foglights were turned on (foglight LED bulbs are incoming and not installed yet :) )
  • the high beams are amazing! The output and spotlight-like projection down road is great
Overall I'm extremely pleased with these lights, they're a MASSIVE upgrade from the factory halogens. I can't really speak to how they compare with factory LEDs, but for the price, these seem to be a great alternative.

Attached are a couple pictures showing beam pattern at 25', low beam on a dark road, the blue line, and DRL halo color

IMG_20191205_205859.jpg

IMG_20191205_211150.jpg

IMG_20191205_211215_2.jpg

IMG_20191207_092154.jpg
Thanks for your detailed review! Please let us know if we can answer any questions for you.

Oh interesting.. does the white match of the halo match the headlight bulb? Mine are noticeably different colors (to my eyes anyway).

@ORACLElights is it common/expected for there to be a color difference between the halo and beam bulbs?
The color is the same, about 5500-6000k. One just may appear more concentrated because you are seeing at the halo directly and the headlight through a projector lens. LEDs can appear slightly different colors when it's very sunny versus when it's dimmer. Hope that helps!

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Oh also, we decided to do a forum-exclusive offer since Black Friday wiped out our Oculus stock! Our next shipment is on its way and will be shipping on December 18. We want to give forum members first dibs before we sell out again before the holidays.

PM us or call our forum sales rep, Melissa, at 504-322-4094 asap to get 10% off the Oculus AND free USA second-day air shipping on December 18 to get them in time for Christmas!

72923827_693300307844584_5736978488961667211_n_1024x1024.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.