Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
So new job that’s taking me to Houston for the next 5 months (end Dec to end April). Anyone from the area that may have an idea of where to look for short term housing? Or can recommend someone to reach out to? Job is located downtown area. Thanks for any input :))
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Depends on your budget. Midtown and Heights are very close trendy areas but expensive. EADO is an older neighborhood that’s not as new and nice but rapidly become popular because of urban renewal. Are you looking for a house or apartment? Furnished or unfurnished. Many Houstonians simply live out in the ‘burbs in the nicer areas that are cheaper and commute a long way.

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on your budget. Midtown and Heights are very close trendy areas but expensive. EADO is an older neighborhood that’s not as new and nice but rapidly become popular because of urban renewal. Are you looking for a house or apartment? Furnished or unfurnished. Many Houstonians simply live out in the ‘burbs in the nicer areas that are cheaper and commute a long way.
Good to know. Thanks! Most likely an apartment/studio/townhome or something. Unfurnished although not opposed to furnished. I’d rather be a bit closer to my job since I’ll be working some long hours and late nights. Even if cost is a bit higher. I’ve done the 30-60 min daily drive and do not want to do that this time. Haha. Even in my new Jeep. I’ll check those areas out thanks!!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
There’s tons of new apartments and townhomes in midtown which is directly adjacent to downtown. Walking/biking/public transportation distance in many cases. 5-10 minute drive to downtown locations.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
There are tons of places to live DT, I work by Minute Maid Stadium and have passed lots of available places that are available or up and coming ... The trendy place is Midtown but now Houston seems to be rebuilding a lots of areas in the original Wards