Sponsored

Trackbar Product Selection Advice and Voting.

At the following price points which product would you buy or buy again?

• Total voters

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the ARB track bar or old man emu.

the JK version is fairly expensive but for the JL is much cheaper, anything is better than stock though

Sponsored

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so Teraflex went on today only drove about 6 miles but instant reaction is that steering issue is completely fixed between this and the fox ATS stabilizer.. feels very very solid and drives straight down the road, no floating, no shaking in the wheel if you hit a bumps... also have had terrible gas mileage for the 4cyl turbo about 15 miles per gallon, if I drive conservatively!! On the six mile drive it looked about 20% to 30% better in the current gas mileage screen... obviously want to get a full tank of gas under my belt to be sure..

first reaction is it was certainly worth the money and feeling good.. I’ll keep you guys updated once I put more miles on it..

here are a few pics.. the teraflex is not as bulky as the steersmart but even so with a reservoir stabilizer it’s a fairly right fit, could see where a very bulk track bar and stabilizer would be an issue

A81CDD5A-0668-4754-AB7D-5CE1714DF664.jpeg

25D6AEAC-7E60-4EA5-A228-B9F760D90C1D.jpeg

30C966BA-7E2B-4937-BCA7-7F08F3A96876.jpeg

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Are you trying to say your track bar improved your gas mileage? Lol

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Are you trying to say your track bar improved your gas mileage? Lol
I am saying I hope it did, I have wondered since the front axle was an inch off, if it was causing odd aerodynamics, and if the tires were shaking and fighting the stabilizer if it caused the engine to work harder, also i had been running really low tire pressure to improve the ride, and i moved the tire pressure up from 32 to 42.. ride was good even with the higher pressure, hoping the combo of the 3 dynamics impacts fuel... I really have had no idea why my milage is 3-5 miles per gallon lower than what other guys with the similar setups report... the dealership looked at it 3 times, and told me it was how I was driving, but I was being obsessively conservative..

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I am saying I hope it did, I have wondered since the front axle was an inch off, if it was causing odd aerodynamics, and if the tires were shaking and fighting the stabilizer if it caused the engine to work harder, also i had been running really low tire pressure to improve the ride, and i moved the tire pressure up from 32 to 42.. ride was good even with the higher pressure, hoping the combo of the 3 dynamics impacts fuel... I really have had no idea why my milage is 3-5 miles per gallon lower than what other guys with the similar setups report... the dealership looked at it 3 times, and told me it was how I was driving, but I was being obsessively conservative..
If you're axle was that far off you could be right. 42 pounds is a lot of pressure though.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If you're axle was that far off you could be right. 42 pounds is a lot of pressure though.
just shy of a full inch off.. ya I might bring it back down.. there are like a billion opinions on what pressure to run the tires at.. I more put it up there because when i first got the 35in ridge grapplers installed tire shop set it there.. so assuming that is recommended spec.. and because i remember the jeep was darn near undrivable at that pressure.. so wanted to compare the impact of the stabilizer and the track bar, with tire pressure at the same level.

I guess i need to do a chalk test to figure out what is right for my rig

Sponsored

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS UNLIMITED 3.6 4 DOORS JL
I have the Rancho and it is solid beef. I really don't know what the others offer for more money that is any better. The bushings on the Rancho are really nice, too. I'd love to hear what its missing, but I'm doubtful it would be anything significant. I can't imagine another track bar being any stronger or with superior bushings, but I guess time will tell.

I'm no engineer, though. I do know that I've never seen anyone break a Rancho part or complain about them.
GO WITH ROCK KRAWLER VERY STORNG METAL AND QUALITY.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
just shy of a full inch off.. ya I might bring it back down.. there are like a billion opinions on what pressure to run the tires at.. I more put it up there because when i first got the 35in ridge grapplers installed tire shop set it there.. so assuming that is recommended spec.. and because i remember the jeep was darn near undrivable at that pressure.. so wanted to compare the impact of the stabilizer and the track bar, with tire pressure at the same level.

I guess i need to do a chalk test to figure out what is right for my rig
I think you'll be surprised when you chalk them. I'm running my 37" Trail Grapplers @25psi. Shop had them at like 40 as well.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think you'll be surprised when you chalk them. I'm running my 37" Trail Grapplers @25psi. Shop had them at like 40 as well.
Once I go below 32 I can see the sidewalk start to bulge, was assuming that meant too low

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Not necessarily. Like I said I think you'll be surprised when you chalk them.
I have mine at 30 front and 28 rear and I'm still not getting full contact patch. Granted I do have 12.5" wide tires on 7.5" wheels.

I will probably lower the psi some
Sponsored