jlu19

jlu19

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
They're referring to loosing the Off Road Pages.
Not really a bait and switch though, because I think everyone lost them. It was a programming issue when they updated UConnect with the Market app. Should be resolved soon, they've been working on it for about a week or two now.
Obviously not the ideal situation but tech can be a tricky creature some times.

OP, welcome to the family. Our Sahara was my first Wrangler too. You're going to love it. The first mod I recommend is the Bestop Sunrider for hardtop. I don't really take the entire top off anymore but man do I have the front open a lot more than I used to. Not that it's hard to take the Freedom panels off but the Sunrider makes opening up the front even easier, plus you don't have to worry about carrying panels with you. You can still take the top off, but it requires 4 more screws so not a big deal. Turns a 7 minute job into a 10 minute job. It's worth it for the convenience it adds the rest of the time.
Thanks! I love the sunrider, saw it on tfl, looks like a perfect solution. We wonā€™t have the top off all the time, and my wife would be happier folding the sunrider back instead of lifting the freedom panels out by herself.
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Sort of off topic, but is the Jeep online configuration correct that the black hard top panels at $1,195 and the color matched are no extra cost? Maybe I am misinterpreting something. The choice, for me, is actually SkyTop One-Touch vs BesTop Sunrider for HT in black.
I think you missed something on the price list. While ordering mine, the black hardtop was $1,095, and color matched hardtop was $2,095. Looking at Jeeps website it looks like that's gone up $100, but still a $1,000 difference between the two options. FWIW they show Sky One-touch $3,995, which wasn't even an option when I got mine.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Addiction is accurate. Looking into LED light swaps for the front now. Our old Durango had projector HIDs and the halogens arenā€™t cutting it for us. So thatā€™s mod #1
I went with the LED lights from Amazon. They are quite good for the money. Good cutoff, great brightness and I think they look cool.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thank you! We were very impressed with the off road pages when we test drove the Jeep, then I went to show my brother it a week or so later and it was gone. I will wait a couple weeks and see if the new update fixes. Iā€™ll open a case if itā€™s still missing after then. Thanks!
No problem! Please keep me updated on the status of your Off Road Pages.

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP
jlu19

jlu19

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I went with the LED lights from Amazon. They are quite good for the money. Good cutoff, great brightness and I think they look cool.
Which lights did you go with on amazon? I see a bunch that are 7ā€ and you have to get the adapter. My problem is that I really like the oem led look $$$$$$$

Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

congrats to you both!!!!

War Eagle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Occupation
Owner Peterbilt dealership
Woah, that looks killer! Love the bumper/light combo!
Thank you! Was worried the lights would be too big, but look great both day and night! They are really bright!!

War Eagle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Occupation
Owner Peterbilt dealership
Woah, that looks killer! Love the bumper/light combo!
Really happy with the ARB bumper. Fit closer and tighter than stock bumper! I highly recommend this over any other aftermarket bumper!

Sponsored

OP
OP
jlu19

jlu19

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Our off road pages have returned! Since it disappeared so soon after we bought the Jeep, we thought it was something they intentionally took away from us. Glad it was just a software glitch. Weā€™re up to 800 miles on our JL. My wife has decided itā€™s her favorite vehicle she has ever had. I agree 100%!

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Glad you're enjoying it.
You're not alone with thinking they specifically took Off Road Pages away. I'm not sure why people think it was taken, rather than lost due to a glitch because there'd be no point in doing that. I'm just glad they have been quick to fix it

It's really cool that you and your wife both agree its the favorite vehicle you've both had. My favorite vehicle was my '99 Dakota, and the JL reminds me a lot of it (only much fancier). Jeep really did a great job with these. I don't know if I'd say it surpasses the enjoyment I got from that old truck (old now, it was new then), but I also had a lot more years to enjoy that truck.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Our off road pages have returned! Since it disappeared so soon after we bought the Jeep, we thought it was something they intentionally took away from us. Glad it was just a software glitch. Weā€™re up to 800 miles on our JL. My wife has decided itā€™s her favorite vehicle she has ever had. I agree 100%!
Hi,

That makes me so happy to hear! Please let me know if you need anything else.

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored