Sponsored

Sky One-Touch Power Soft Top Jeep JL's!

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Now that winter is coming.....how many of you that have had the top for a while have experience with automatic car washes? I've been hand-washing mine for the 4 months I've had it.....

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve taken mine through few times, no issues.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
We always use automatic washes, either touchless or with the danglies, and have no problems.

Sponsored

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We always use automatic washes, either touchless or with the danglies, and have no problems.
I’ve been through the “soft touch!” kind. I don’t particularly like them because they scratch the body over time but I have clear ppf which Is self healing so at least for the winter I use the wash, but any other time I hand wash myself.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I’ve been through the “soft touch!” kind. I don’t particularly like them because they scratch the body over time but I have clear ppf which Is self healing so at least for the winter I use the wash, but any other time I hand wash myself.
Have either of you had any issues with the blow drying lifting the sides of the top? Seems to me that could be a possibility but was not sure.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have either of you had any issues with the blow drying lifting the sides of the top? Seems to me that could be a possibility but was not sure.
I haven’t Had any lifting with mine

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
We haven't had issues with it even if it does lift.

apoorvtheone

First Name
apoorv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gupta
Does Anyone know if the windshield in the power top model can infact be lowered without causing problems?

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

apoorvtheone

First Name
apoorv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gupta
The manual says no.
Yeah that is where i got the doubt from. Why would they give it as a feature and then tell that the seal will get damaged. Wonderf they would cover it under warranty if that happens.

I am about to become a first time owner of jeep and ordered it with the power top. Not sure how many times i i would want to open the windshield yet but definitely like to have the option.

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Yeah that is where i got the doubt from. Why would they give it as a feature and then tell that the seal will get damaged. Wonderf they would cover it under warranty if that happens.

I am about to become a first time owner of jeep and ordered it with the power top. Not sure how many times i i would want to open the windshield yet but definitely like to have the option.
I read that you cannot put down the windshield on the sky one top. It breaks the seal. I have a sky one top and love it. I could care less about the windshield coming down. I like I can open EASILY by myself.

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5

This is the first Jeep since the CJ the window has been easy to lower. Having owned a CJ and later model Jeeps I don't think you'll miss the option unless you've actually used it before. It's the trade off of having a power top from the factory.

Garri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2020
This is mine Turbo JL! The EU has some ugly spec as bumpers, smaller tires and low fenders.. but still a good product!
I had a 2011 JK with both the Hard Top and Soft Top and I used the Soft twice.. Till I have this I opened the Top several times ..I Love it!

A big Ciao from Italy
Jeep Wrangler JL Sky One-Touch Power Soft Top Jeep JL's! IMG_7959.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: