Sponsored

Start of 3.0 Production

Repairable1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 3.0 Diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon 3.6, 2016 JKU Rubicon HardRock LS 6.2, 2019 F150 FX4 SuperCrew Powerstroke 4x4
Just checked. I’m in D status. I asked how long I’ve been in that status and she said 5 days. I ordered on 10/7/19. So the clock did reset... oh well.
I ordered Oct 9th. Was given a tentative build date of Dec 12th a couple of weeks ago. Now I am told it just went into D status Nov 30th
Sponsored

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Land Rover Defender X
I chatted with Jeep Cares this morning (still in D status) and they gave me a case number and said it would be escalated and I'd get an email...
Same here, except my first contact via phone the rep advised my Jeep was in KZ status and to check with the dealership for more specific delivery date. I knew this couldn’t be true so I contacted them again via chat then got the D status, escalated and case number. Supposed to get an email as well....Unbelievable they even opened the ordering banks when they did to have us all just waiting and waiting...

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I got the same this morning, when I asked them what the 005 meant they disconnected me :facepalm:
I just checked with Jeep chat. D as well. Cheryl said it was in D for 5 days. Maybe that’s what the 005 is for yours as well.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked with Jeep chat. D as well. Cheryl said it was in D for 5 days. Maybe that’s what the 005 is for yours as well.
Just don’t know why they reset my Time in d status. Last week I was in D status for over 30 days and today only 5. I’m not stressed over it. I just would rather them come out and say that production hasn’t start so “we restarting you’re time so this isn’t escalated even before we start building” then I’d have no quarrels

Buttercup 3.0

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR 2012 JK
Mine went into D1 last week but I’m not holding my breath order date was 10/16

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Mine went into D1 last week but I’m not holding my breath order date was 10/16
I was in D then went to C just before Thanksgiving. Now in D again.

Pootytanger

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
I’m finally in D1 status for the first time tonight! Ordered 10/8 and been in D until now. Last of vin are 194908. Punk’n Rubicon. Hopefully this turns into a jeep finally!

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I’m finally in D1 status for the first time tonight! Ordered 10/8 and been in D until now. Last of vin are 194908. Punk’n Rubicon. Hopefully this turns into a jeep finally!
According to dealer, web chat or phone?

Pootytanger

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Web chat.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Web chat.
You got me halfway interested even if the EPA numbers are still MIA...still in D with my 10/7 order. Standard case escalation nonsense for some lower management type to be told they know nothing because FCA doesn’t have a crystal ball for federal agencies.

Sponsored

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So as of this morning I am still in D. I had to contact Jeep Chat 3 times this morning since they wouldnt answer my question and disconnect me. I have contacted Jeep several times since my order and Have been in D status since about 18 Oct then they reset my D status calendar last week and I just wanted to know what the deal was. This was their response

" Thank you so much for your patience, I was able to bring up the order and I am showing it entered D status 6 days ago. C and D status are vary similar and often confused to be the same. I am showing that the order was in C status from 10-14-19 until 11-27-19 when it moved into D status. We haven't started production on the diesel and this is the reason has been in these early stages this length of time. Once production starts it will move very quickly!"

I asked if and when I will reach D1 status and this was their response

"In this case I don't think it will reach D1 before production has begun."

My next question; Is there any projected date as to when the diesel will start production. I orginally read it was suppose to start 26 Nov, which is funny that the very next day my D status started back over...

And disconnected from chat again :facepalm:

Who knows what is really going on here. I have gotten so many different answers from the get go, I dont think we will have any REAL build status updates until production has truly began. Until I see production officially start on the 3.0 I am staying the hell away from Jeep chat, it is only bringing on frustration.

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Doesn't appear that anything is starting until EPA certification happens. Until that there is no point in even looking.

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
Just checked in with Jeep Chat again. They said that I've been in D status since December 1st so something's been revised or changed I guess. Really need this thing before it starts getting freezing cold...I don't think my 20 year old Camaro can handle another winter as my daily.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.epa.gov/compliance-and-fuel-economy-data/data-cars-used-testing-fuel-economy

The 2020 spreadsheet appears to have been published 9/6/19. As of that date, EPA did not have the 3.0 on file as a 2020MY vehicle to be tested. We can reasonably assume FCA had submitted the 3.0 as a late addition by early October when orders opened. However, mix a list that long with the reported 15% selection rate for testing in Ann Arbor and standard government incompetence/inefficiency, you’ve got a recipe for endless testing delays. Given how woefully inaccurate their 11/25 estimate was, don’t be surprised if 3.0 fuel economy estimates don’t emerge from that festering heap in Michigan before 2020.
Sponsored