MrSahara19

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Always on. Not sure why you wouldn't have them on.
I feel like I lean this way only because we have amazing LEDs (if you opted for that package) and why wouldn't you want to turn on all those bad boys!!

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Don't really think most are aware that Fogs go off when high beams are on (unless you own a jeep or car with that function). For the most part any one thats flashing you prob doesn't give a rats azz either. They are just telling you that you are blinding them. I only use fogs when visibility is less than clear weather. Car vs oncoming high truck or Jeep with 4 lights on when the weather is clear is a bit obnoxious, especially if all four are LED.

Hopefully you keep your fire arm pointed in a safe direction for the safety of others, why would you not consider others safety/ability to see while driving just the same. There is the possibility that they could run into you because you have 4 lights blazing at them blinding them when its not needed.

Last edited:

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Depends on driving conditions. For normal around town driving, no fogs. If I need extra light, I turn them on.

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Driving with the lower fog lights on proves to other drivers that I'm not driving with my high beams on (a common problem with the LED headlights)... At least for those who understand that fogs and highs can't be on at the same time. That said, I'm 50/50.
Good call. I agree, but far too many people don’t know this fact.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I actually always just drive with my headlights off, DRL and fogs on, when its not completely dark out or road has enough illumination from streetlights. Less annoyance for incoming drivers.
Your DRL only activate your headlights, your red running lights are not on. DRLs also turn off when parking brake is on. Having your rear running lights on in low light conditions as you describe might be safer..

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Your DRL only activate your headlights, your red running lights are not on. DRLs also turn off when parking brake is on. Having your rear running lights on in low light conditions as you describe might be safer..
In my case my DRL on the headlights is wired to my aux, and I set to parking/drl lamp mode (2nd detent from the left), which means my front and rear running lights are always on.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
On for now. Will have to run with them off when I replace them with Squadron Sports Driving Combo lights from Baja Designs.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Always on, it's a flat, wide focused, low beam.
Changed my led fog with an amber cover. Works great

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If your fog/driving lights are causing problems for oncoming drivers, something is seriously wrong. They are aimed down at the ground right in front of your vehicle from the factory. As they should be. If you’ve got an aftermarket bumper perhaps they might not be aimed correctly and you should take care of that.

More light on the road ahead in never a bad idea unless it’s compromising other drivers’ safety.