• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

California 2019 Jeep Rubicon JLU Driveshafts

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
OK, I was looking for good technical information but only got responses. I did some research on Spicer (dana) gears and axle shafts. I was surprised to find that Spicer does manufacture Dana 44 drive shafts with 3.45 gear ratios. So let me give all you folks an apology since I can certainly be wrong about this. Isn't it fun though to discuss all this technical data! next time I will look harder before I leap.
:)
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Your suggestion hasnt been true in my case as well as many others who have modified their sport. The rubi t case is over $2k and people are selling rubi axles for $4500. That doesnt even factor in resale on a sport will always be several grand less than a rubi. I would've been better off financially with a rubi.
Some of us bought a sport knowing that the axles were getting replaced even if it were a Rubicon. I have no faith or interest in the D44's built for Jeep. Don't really care about the transfer case, if I did (or do in the future) i'd be going aftermarket anyway. If i'd bought a Rubicon by the time i'm done I would have a very expensive hood sticker (maybe a transfer case, maybe not). Sure I could sell Rubicon parts off, but I wouldn't make up the 16k difference I lowballed my sport price at. Not bashing any Rubicon buyers or anyone else, just pointing out that to some of us with particular plans, buying a sport as a base for a build made all the sense in the world.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
After reading through the thread of stupidity courtesy of wrangster... Do you still have the drive shafts and will you ship them to NC?
I don't care how much money you people in CA have :)

OP
OP

advancedae

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JL Unlimited
I still have the drive shafts and will ship them for whatever the cost of shipping is.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I still have the drive shafts and will ship them for whatever the cost of shipping is.
Thanks but it turns out I can use the Sahara shafts with the Rubi axles.

Sponsored

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
Hi there.. funny thread.. I am in ventura county and I am interested, can you PM contact info so we can discuss logistics.

Thanks!

TC..

PS.. my Rubi is near bone stock (2" mopar lift), no need to upgrade anything.. ran every difficult trail in CA.. and still have a full warranty on everything. So personally I think the Sport is not such a good choice.. Unless for some crazy reason 40" tires and the hammers is your thing..

OP
OP

advancedae

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there.. funny thread.. I am in ventura county and I am interested, can you PM contact info so we can discuss logistics.

Thanks!

TC..

PS.. my Rubi is near bone stock (2" mopar lift), no need to upgrade anything.. ran every difficult trail in CA.. and still have a full warranty on everything. So personally I think the Sport is not such a good choice.. Unless for some crazy reason 40" tires and the hammers is your thing..

OP
OP

advancedae

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still have both drive shafts and several other factory parts. 559-970-6805.

OP
OP

advancedae

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks!

TC..

Drive shafts still available 559-970-6805

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L

Sponsored