Not open for further replies.

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
That's my plan too. But I'll probably end up bugging him first thing tomorrow :)
Sponsored

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
I ordered everything that is causing delays (except the body-colored hard top) so i don't like my chances. What is your build?
My build is a Sting Gray Rubicon 4 door, Automatic, Color Match Fenders and Color Match Hardtop, Hardtop Headliner, Black Leather, Black Wheels w/Polished lip, LED Lighting, Cold Weather, Trailer Tow with HD Electic, Electronic infotainment System, Jeep active safety, Remote Keyless Entry and Steel Bumpers. Now if they can release the color match top on the dealer site, I can go ahead and order. BTW can't wait to replace the pic below with the real thing.
download (4).jpg

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
My build is a Sting Gray Rubicon 4 door, Automatic, Color Match Fenders and Color Match Hardtop, Hardtop Headliner, Black Leather, Black Wheels w/Polished lip, LED Lighting, Cold Weather, Trailer Tow with HD Electic, Electronic infotainment System, Jeep active safety, Remote Keyless Entry and Steel Bumpers.
download (4).jpg
So pretty basic.

Congratulations!

Where in NC are you?

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So pretty basic.

Congratulations!

Where in NC are you?
I was trying to stay basic but every time on went back to the jeep site I kept adding more options, Hook line and sinker.
Living in Summerfield NC, near Greensboro. See your in Chapel Hill, we pass by there every year on the way to Indian Beach.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Perfect! I didnt want to be in the made up one.
Soon as the first one is delivered we can issue stickers, start paying dues and post a tutorial for the secret hand shake on YouTube. Clubhouse is still under construction but may end up being at Hooters. Until then we can all twiddle our thumbs until Jeep sees fit to produce this color, two doors, body colored hard tops, etc....
:rock:

Sponsored

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
My build is a Sting Gray Rubicon 4 door, Automatic, Color Match Fenders and Color Match Hardtop, Hardtop Headliner, Black Leather, Black Wheels w/Polished lip, LED Lighting, Cold Weather, Trailer Tow with HD Electic, Electronic infotainment System, Jeep active safety, Remote Keyless Entry and Steel Bumpers. Now if they can release the color match top on the dealer site, I can go ahead and order. BTW can't wait to replace the pic below with the real thing.
download (4).jpg
This build is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see pics of the real thing. Right now, I'm thinking my color choice will be either sting gray or billet silver; all just depends on what the gray looks like in person. I have a feeling it will look great.

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
This build is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see pics of the real thing. Right now, I'm thinking my color choice will be either sting gray or billet silver; all just depends on what the gray looks like in person. I have a feeling it will look great.
I had an order for silver that I cancelled when sting became available. As long as it isn't a pinkish gray I'll be stoked. If it turns out to be pink, l'll just buy the silver one I ordered :) :)

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If y'all buy billet you won't be allowed in the unofficial Sting-Gray club.

Nothing against the Billet Club but those guys are losers.

B417

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLU Sahara
I posted this on another topic but thought I would pass along here as well:

Had an online chat with Jeep and they “did not know when or if the color matching Sting-Gray top might be available.”

I was tired of the vague answers so I emailed Michael Manley (Head of Jeep Brand) directly over the weekend to inquire about the matching Sting Gray hardtop and vent about vague answers and missing out on the $500 Cash Bonus Allowance since I’ve been waiting for my color.

One of his “Executive Managers” called me today to inform that the Sting Gray color matched top will be available April 9th. She also offered to help me with the $500 incentive once I place my order. Now the question is, do I order with the black top to get in the production line and then will I have enough time to revise to painted top when it becomes available on April 9th?

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I posted this on another topic but thought I would pass along here as well:

Had an online chat with Jeep and they “did not know when or if the color matching Sting-Gray top might be available.”

I was tired of the vague answers so I emailed Michael Manley (Head of Jeep Brand) directly over the weekend to inquire about the matching Sting Gray hardtop and vent about vague answers and missing out on the $500 Cash Bonus Allowance since I’ve been waiting for my color.

One of his “Executive Managers” called me today to inform that the Sting Gray color matched top will be available April 9th. She also offered to help me with the $500 incentive once I place my order. Now the question is, do I order with the black top to get in the production line and then will I have enough time to revise to painted top when it becomes available on April 9th?
Thanks for sharing. I called Jeep customer service today and they told me All the new colors wouldn't be getting matching tops for 2018 only available for 2019. I told her that folks on the forum have already order Ocean Blue with matching hardtop and she said they won't be getting them because they don't have them in stock. She even checked with her supervisor and they confirmed. Wondering if theyou be switching to 2019 production soon.

Sponsored

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
Still no real life pictures of sting gray on a jeep? This is killing me! I'm down to this or granite, and I want to place my order soon...

If the internet hasn't found any pics or videos of a confirmed sting gray by Friday I may have to pull the trigger on granite. I just hate to miss out on a potentially perfect color.

Anyone know if this is supposed to be the same?
F6BA698A-02B6-48AB-91B2-3741979C3C38.jpeg

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
If I had a dollar for every time I saw someone post about Destroyer Gray on a Charger/Challenger (The paint code is PDN...Sting-Gray’s paint code is PDN) I’d probably have enough money that I wouldn’t think the FCA $750 price increase was that big of a deal.

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
If I had a dollar for every time I saw someone post about Destroyer Gray on a Charger/Challenger (The paint code is PDN...Sting-Gray’s paint code is PDN) I’d probably have enough money that I wouldn’t think the FCA $750 price increase was that big of a deal.
Is it possible for them to share a paint code, yet somehow still be different shades or hues or something?

Is the picture I posted definitely destroyer gray?

If the answers are no and yes respectively, I'll pull the trigger on sting gray.

Thanks

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Is it possible for them to share a paint code, yet somehow still be different shades or hues or something?

Is the picture I posted definitely destroyer gray?

If the answers are no and yes respectively, I'll pull the trigger on sting gray.

Thanks
Most of the time yes. In some rare cases they could be same paint code different color. I totally think it’s just a branding/marketing tool to act like it’s a new color when they’re really just reusing a color. They even act like the 8 Speed is brand new but the ZF8 transmission was released back in 2008.

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
Most of the time yes. In some rare cases they could be same paint code different color. I totally think it’s just a branding/marketing tool to act like it’s a new color when they’re really just reusing a color. They even act like the 8 Speed is brand new but the ZF8 transmission was released back in 2008.
Is the picture I posted definitely destroyer gray with the paint code you mention?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.