First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
First: This is the only social media site I have ever been part of for a vehicle.

Second: I’d guess there are others out there in Jeep Universe that have not and are not part of any other vehicle forum.

Taking these two points into consideration and adding to it the high probability that there is not any other mass vehicle ownership that brings with it the brotherhood and sisterhood that Jeep ownership does. Ok I will give you motorcycle ownership.....

I have considered the item below to ponder.

Is it possible that one reason that Jeep owners and people on this forum are so versed in possible issues with the Jeep is do to the fact that the brotherhood and sisterhood exists?

• When was the last time you saw a group of people driving vehicle “X” stand around their vehicles admiring them with other like vehicle owners?

• Is there any other set of wheels on the road in which the owners have a special wave (other that the before mentioning motorcycle crew of course)?

So could it be possible that with us being part of this we have a more direct window into the experiences of one other with like vehicle?

I would image that every vehicle on the road has some issues.

Lastly, Jeep owners probably without a doubt mod their rides more than any other vehicle ownership out there.

But, what if it were possible to poll and gather Good points and Bad points from every vehicle owner that has ever modified their vehicle. I would guess that we would hear many points about.... don’t buy this because it does not last. Or buy this because it is well designed and built.

So with all of this could it be possible that all of this is part of the joy of Jeep ownership? Being brought into a family?

Happy Jeeping!!!!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Well-----I was in the same TYPE FORUM/GROUP-- with

Dodge RAMCHARGER/RAM/CORVETTE/KIT CAR--ETC

It ain't just JEEP that's so SPECIAL !

Although the hiwy/off-road aspect is pretty SPECIAL !!

W.E.

JIMBO

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
First: This is the only social media site I have ever been part of for a vehicle.

Second: I’d guess there are others out there in Jeep Universe that have not and are not part of any other vehicle forum...…...

Happy Jeeping!!!!!!
Interesting questions...

I have been a member of forums for other vehicles but mostly to research/ask a question and get on with my day. My other vehicles serve little pleasure for more other than their ownership beats "taking the bus..." but that's just me.

I think the brother/sisterhood exists because Wranglers are as much a part of the journey as the destination, unlike most sedans, and the enormous ways we have to customize them. The latter makes for interesting talk, as does commiserating on some of the things we put up with in our Wranglers, because 1) they're Wranglers and 2) in their price range little else (IMHO) yet competes with them.

I love my rig--so don't misunderstand--but can you imagine some sedan maker, for example designing door windows without automatic rise--as much as I appreciate the challenges of FCA doing this on a door that's easily removable.

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.

Second: I’d guess there are others out there in Jeep Universe that have not and are not part of any other vehicle forum.

Taking these two points into consideration and adding to it the high probability that there is not any other mass vehicle ownership that brings with it the brotherhood and sisterhood that Jeep ownership does. Ok I will give you motorcycle ownership.....

I have considered the item below to ponder.

Is it possible that one reason that Jeep owners and people on this forum are so versed in possible issues with the Jeep is do to the fact that the brotherhood and sisterhood exists?

• When was the last time you saw a group of people driving vehicle “X” stand around their vehicles admiring them with other like vehicle owners?

• Is there any other set of wheels on the road in which the owners have a special wave (other that the before mentioning motorcycle crew of course)?

So could it be possible that with us being part of this we have a more direct window into the experiences of one other with like vehicle?

I would image that every vehicle on the road has some issues.

Lastly, Jeep owners probably without a doubt mod their rides more than any other vehicle ownership out there.

But, what if it were possible to poll and gather Good points and Bad points from every vehicle owner that has ever modified their vehicle. I would guess that we would hear many points about.... don’t buy this because it does not last. Or buy this because it is well designed and built.

So with all of this could it be possible that all of this is part of the joy of Jeep ownership? Being brought into a family?

Happy Jeeping!!!!!!
Well, there are these guys too. We all also stand around and admire the cars and talk about mods, upgrades and experiences. And there is a wave. :like:

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 10.37.28 AM.png

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
Or could it be the last two brand new Fords I bought (2009, 2015) never had to go back to the dealer for anything, everything worked, no warranty claims ever, steered exactly where they were pointed and delivered all the boringness they promised and then some?
I’ve been back to the dealer 3x, with 2 loaners for the same unfixable (so far) problem - service ESS warning light - in 12,000 miles. Not that I love ESS, I could do without it and let that light stay on forever, but it started interfering with it starting reliably so they have to fix it no matter how many times it takes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cOtter

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lol. Oh. And the mustang folks and corvette folks.

Could it be that the same thoughts are still in play?

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Harley Forums..........most are not stock........huge aftermarket for customizing
Challenger forums
Jeep forums

TopsOff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' JLU Sport S
Here's something to really ponder. Every vehicle type has a forum. Examples: My wife's Honda Pilot has the Piloteers group. It is an extremely active forum and folks are just as into owning their Pilot as we are with Jeeps. Ford Explorers and Rangers and Nissan Altimas owners have active places to go as well. I've been a part of the Corvette and Camaro groups personally. The point I'm making - there is an enthusiast population within the ownership segment of every vehicle. I can't stand her Honda Pilot - I loathe it. I go to the Piloteers forum only to research present and possible future issues that I'll have to deal with - because another ownership segment exists that has had every issue and loves to write and youtube about them.

So ponder this - within this ownership segment - what is the percentage of owners that is actually on the forum in terms of JL's sold? Outside that percentage you have people who bought the Jeep and just drive it. It's transportation. It means nothing to them - just like the Nissan Altima meant nothing to me. I didn't pay attention to anything - couldn't care less as long as it got me to work and back. Meanwhile there was a Nissan enthusiast population that garage kept, applied paint protection, modified, discussed, vlogged, etc.

So then out of the small % of JL owners active on this forum - take the number that have a particular issue. We think the sky is falling and the government should shut down FCA's JL production over these issues. Meanwhile the overwhelming percentage of owners just drive them everyday to and from school, work, soccer practice and don't give it a thought.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I was a member of a Prius forum. Only because I never had a hybrid before and I wanted to learn about issues with hybrids and how to handle them. I was never active though, only when I needed to learn something.

This is the second car forum I’ve been a member of. Obviously Wranglers aren’t the same as other cars so I want to learn as much as I can here. I am currently obsessed with my Jeep so I have become a bit obsessed with this forum. I never had that problem with my Lexus.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I was a member of a Prius forum. Only because I never had a hybrid before and I wanted to learn about issues with hybrids and how to handle them. I was never active though, only when I needed to learn something.

This is the second car forum I’ve been a member of. Obviously Wranglers aren’t the same as other cars so I want to learn as much as I can here. I am currently obsessed with my Jeep so I have become a bit obsessed with this forum. I never had that problem with my Lexus.
What do people generally talk about on Prius forums?

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i stop pondering and wondering. i just go with the flow. life is much easier that way.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Lol was pretty boring so I don’t recall
That seems entirely appropriate for a Prius forum.

And to the OP’s point, I will say that the Mustang owners are highly active on their forums just like us. I’d say the Mustang and the Jeep probably have the two largest aftermarkets in the U.S. with the Harley guys in a close third.

OP
OP
cOtter

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ok all. Thanks for all the replies. What I have learned is that I apparently have been living under a rock.

Guess I will go venture out into the bold new world with my Jeep and keep my eyes open. Who knows what I will discover.

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
Also, lots of different ATV/UTV forums, like Honda and Polaris, and the different models contained therein. :)
Sponsored