Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how much worse this is going to get since future uConnects are going to be based on Android instead of QNX. That means FCA is going to look at this system as a legacy product at some point. Harmon already does a piss poor job of development for this platform, just imagine what it will be like when they put fewer resources into it.
Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how much worse this is going to get since future uConnects are going to be based on Android instead of QNX. That means FCA is going to look at this system as a legacy product at some point. Harmon already does a piss poor job of development for this platform, just imagine what it will be like when they put fewer resources into it.
At least it mostly works now. The My Ford Touch system in our Explorer got abandoned with it having major issues and never getting any apps that were promised.

Seems like all these systems have designed obsolescence.

sam0329

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Anybody 's ORP came back? I read somewhere on FB some people have it back like yesterday. Mine still a no show. Thanks.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Anybody 's ORP came back? I read somewhere on FB some people have it back like yesterday. Mine still a no show. Thanks.
I checked this morning...not yet

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

My hope is when the Android Auto system is done, they backport it to as many hardware systems as they can that can physically support it. In theory, porting over the existing apps should not be difficult, as they both are a *nix based design. As strongly as Blackberry protests that QNX isn't a *nix, if it walks like, quacks like, and crashes like... AA, as I recall is royalty-free, and has a massive developer base, so there are significant advantages to moving off QNX.

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

interesting, QNX offers a hypervisor-type environment now and supports container-like process separation, allowing AA apps to run on top of the QNX platform. So they may be able to last out the onslaught of AA. The one thing I really worry about with Google/Alphabet is:
  1. dumping AA a few years down the road
  2. Massive fragmentation of the base OS
  3. Auto manufacturers not updating the OS for security and usability (just like phone companies and Android).

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Interesting. Both my 7" and 8.4" devices have Panasonic stickers on them. I didn't know Harmon (Samsung) was involved.

Considering Jeep's inability to make factory parts work as option kits, I have zero doubt that these will be orphaned devices that will never work properly.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
I haven't read the whole thread but I contacted JeepCares and they told me how to fix it and it has worked. It has gone away again but then I repeat the fix and it comes back. Sometimes I have to do it multiple times. Here is the process:

Go to the app drawer and click settings.
Find the system reset submenu that has the following options:
Reset App Drawer
Reset Default Settings
Clear personal data

I did all of them, taking a few seconds in between each, then when you get a confirmation personal data has been cleared. turn the jeep off all the way (wait for the screen to go black).

You can wait a few minutes before turning it back on to be safe. Offroad Pages can take a few minutes after you turn it back on but it shows up eventually. I dragged it down to one of the fixed presents on the bottom of the screen so I can see when it goes away again and then I repeat the above.

I think the OP app is very large in size which is why it takes a while to load show up and also why it takes a while to load when you actually open it up.

Hope this helps.

Deleted member 29342

I haven't read the whole thread but I contacted JeepCares and they told me how to fix it and it has worked. It has gone away again but then I repeat the fix and it comes back. Sometimes I have to do it multiple times. Here is the process:

Reset App Drawer
Reset Default Settings
Clear personal data

I did all of them, taking a few seconds in between each, then when you get a confirmation personal data has been cleared. turn the jeep off all the way (wait for the screen to go black).

You can wait a few minutes before turning it back on to be safe. Offroad Pages can take a few minutes after you turn it back on but it shows up eventually. I dragged it down to one of the fixed presents on the bottom of the screen so I can see when it goes away again and then I repeat the above.

I think the OP app is very large in size which is why it takes a while to load show up and also why it takes a while to load when you actually open it up.

Hope this helps.
when you do all these rest you have mentioned do you have to reprogram the radio station and Bluetooth devices.

Sponsored

ptp262

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 door
What do we do to get the ORP back and delete Marketplace?

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Reset App Drawer
Reset Default Settings
Clear personal data

Hope this helps.
This did work for me to return ORP. Marketplace is gone too. Will it stick?

20191127_172001.jpg

sam0329

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
How long did you waited for it to show up after the reset? Thanks.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
when you do all these rest you have mentioned do you have to reprogram the radio station and Bluetooth devices.
yes, unless you connect via CarPlay or Android Auto. Those make the reconnection of phones really easy.

GPS saved addresses, radio presents, all gone.