3.6 vs 2.0

Rolling Ragu

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I went with the 3.6. From reading the forum, I was expecting to be left wanting more. That is not the case. I think it's an impressive engine. I didn't buy a Wrangler to be a sports car, yet it is zippy enough. My last vehicle was an F150 with the 3.5 Ecoboost. It was a beast, in comparison, I don't feel like the 3.6 is a problem. I drive like a grandpa most of the time any way.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I went with the 3.6. From reading the forum, I was expecting to be left wanting more. That is not the case. I think it's an impressive engine. I didn't buy a Wrangler to be a sports car, yet it is zippy enough. My last vehicle was an F150 with the 3.5 Ecoboost. It was a beast, in comparison, I don't feel like the 3.6 is a problem. I drive like a grandpa most of the time any way.
Low range torque isn’t only useful on a “sports car”. Just FYI.

Rolling Ragu

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Low range torque isn’t only useful on a “sports car”. Just FYI.
Of course not, which is why I enjoyed the Ecoboost so much. I don't notice a torque deficit in the 3.6 for the way I use the Wrangler. Not like that dyno chart would have you believe.

Sponsored

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Of course not, which is why I enjoyed the Ecoboost so much. I don't notice a torque deficit in the 3.6 for the way I use the Wrangler. Not like that dyno chart would have you believe.
Some like to drive hammers and others prefer sling shots?

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
To each their own, I hear it’s a nice engine.

I have owned two turbos over the years. They are fun once they finally kick in.

Personally I love the responsiveness of a “normal” engine.

I love the 3.6 V6 paired with the manual transmission.

One of the major reasons I got my Jeep.

OP
OP

CJ555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Jeep, YET!
I would go test drive for yourself . 2.0 all the way.

Thanks for the response. I will definitely do that, hopefully I can find a dealer with both on the lot so I can go back to back and decide before ordering.

OP
OP

CJ555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Jeep, YET!
Wow, just read all the other responses,...now I am even more undecided!!!! (If that's possible between 2 choices?!)
Test driving both is now a definite must. Fortunately I am not ordering until early spring so I have some time.

Thanks everybody

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Jeep had to clarify 2.0 octane requirement because FCA originally stated 91+ on the window sticker and owners manual.
I believe that maybe was only very early ones as my 2019 window sticker was correct?

Sponsored

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
The 3.6 is very fun imo, and feels very good in the wrangler. It feels torquey enough around town, and it feels awesome because the more revs you give it, the harder it goes, all the way to redline.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Wow, just read all the other responses,...now I am even more undecided!!!! (If that's possible between 2 choices?!)
Test driving both is now a definite must. Fortunately I am not ordering until early spring so I have some time.

Thanks everybody
Go to Criswell in Maryland and buy it for 8% below invoice (dealer's cost).

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
KBB Analyst
The 3.6 is very fun imo, and feels very good in the wrangler. It feels torquey enough around town, and it feels awesome because the more revs you give it, the harder it goes, all the way to redline.
My Rubicon 3.6 has 4:10 gears, so it pulls like tractor!

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
My Rubicon 3.6 has 4:10 gears, so it pulls like tractor!
Oh, I'm not saying the 3.6 isn't torquey enough! Mine feels amazing down low even with stock gears. I can't imagine 4:10s. It probably feels like you can drive up walls in 4 low! Anyways my point is, the 3.6 is an awesome motor. My last truck was a 5.0 f150, and this doesn't feel slow, or inadequate at all (granted, it isn't a rocket like the 5.0 was, but that's a much larger motor.). I wouldn't change a thing about the 3.6

OP
OP

CJ555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Jeep, YET!
Unfortunately the Rubi is out of my price range, even with leasing. But I will be getting the Willy's with the 3.45's for what it's worth.
Sponsored