First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR w/ Sky One Touch Power Top
Vehicle Showcase
When do dealerships get 2021 next year?
Jeep historically ceases production of the previous year in early/mid September, beginning production in early October. They show up on dealer lots a month later. So I’d expect to see the first ‘21s on lots in around 11 months.
We bought our 2020 Rubicon the last day of August. Sales guy said it was a stock unit
and it had been there just two days. There were plenty of 2019 Sports and Saharas still on dealer lots in our area at the time. Not many 2019 Rubicons. Not sure what factors got our Wrangler there earlier than usual but I'm glad they did.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
We bought our 2020 Rubicon the last day of August. Sales guy said it was a stock unit
and it had been there just two days. There were plenty of 2019 Sports and Saharas still on dealer lots in our area at the time. Not many 2019 Rubicons. Not sure what factors got our Wrangler there earlier than usual but I'm glad they did.
Because this was a special year. FCA started the 2020 in June so that the Gladiator and the rest of the Jeep line up were in the same page per se.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
i dont think hummer will be back because gm killed off hummer brand.
It's rumored to come back in 2022 as a electric SUV/Truck

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Except CAFE standards. Many prefer the dynamics of RWD over AWD, even in a Jeep.
Not sure I follow this. How does it become AWD? It would still be 4WD with selectable 4hi and 2hi (and 4 Auto).

Sponsored

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
How about a long wheelbase wrangler using the Gladiator frame. A steel raised roof model that would rival a Defender 120 in the World Market, and open a new niche in the US?

Go Outside

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
A reliable, naturally aspirated six cylinder with low end power and decent gas mileage.
Paddle shifters.
Driving modes that can be tailored for our preference of steering assist, suspension dampening, throttle response and traction control. Hell, id be happy with just electronically controlled suspension dampening. If they can do it on a $12,000 motorcycle that weighs 425 lbs and sells a few thousand units, surely it can be done for $40,000 on a vehicle that sells 10x as many units and has less space and weight constraints.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I think that Jeep is leaving a lot of money on the table. They need a "not even going to pretend to be rugged" edition with every soft handed man option available, including heated shifters. Charge 85k for it and people will buy them simply because it's expensive and "exclusive"

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
If Jeep history is any indication, you won’t see much change other than maybe the addition of an option or something be standard that was an option prior. It’s jeeps MO. Then, you start to debate if you want to pay the inevitable +250 charge to the base cost. I’d say you plan on seeing 2 new colors, standard middle level radio and maybe a new item like a trail cam that will only come on a Rubicon.

Nostradamus has spoken.
This is one of the reasons I bought a 2018.

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
No big changes likely. Maybe the TrailCam and the new uConnect 5 will be available for the higher trims.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I'm hoping for full time 4wd for the Rubi.
You're basically describing the Wrangler Moab, full time AWD. They've discontinued it in 2020 but they reintroduce it every few years. Still, you might be able to find one lying around on a dealer's lot.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
You're basically describing the Wrangler Moab, full time AWD. They've discontinued it in 2020 but they reintroduce it every few years. Still, you might be able to find one lying around on a dealer's lot.
Actually I'm asking for Full Time 4WD and lockers. Overseas versions have this.
Sponsored